Thread: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by the_PRODIGY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Commentators were a joke and it spoilt a very good fight for me. The love for Floyd was awful and Cotto’s work was invisible. Even when Floyd was doing nothing, he was called a defensive genius.
    And Sheridan kept saying the crowd is going nuts when Cotto is doing good work but they don't know what's really happening - that he's getting the worst of the exchanges. Funny thing is he kept whining about Floyd laying too much at the ropes when he's doing great at a distance. I was like WTF, what is it really you blind arse kissing muthaf*cka!
    It started at the weigh in, when they said the crowd were there for Floyd, when it was obvious at least half the crowd were Cotto fans.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, and Third Man is certainly entitled to his. If he truly feels Floyd totally dominated Miguel and only lost 3 rounds, I guess it's his right. I certainly don't agree... and neither do a lot of other people, who saw Floyd having to dig down deep for the first time in a lo-n-n-n-n-n-n-g time to pull out the victory. I admire Floyd more now than before, because he met Cotto's challenge head-on, and both gave the crowd one of the more crowd-pleasing championship fights we've seen in years. I gave Miguel 5 rounds, although I'd like to see it again and score it again. Maybe I'll see it differently next time.

The sad part is, as happens with all great fights. With time, all people will remember is the unanimous decision win for Floyd over Cotto. One more notch in his belt. To be grouped into the other victims like Ortiz, Marquez, Hatton, etc. When in reality, it was nothing like those fights. As a Cotto fan, the only comfort I have is that Floyd himself knows he was in a real war... and he gave his kudos to Cotto in a very sportsmanlike manner after the fight. In a strange way, I think the Cotto fight has even increased Floyd's legacy in the boxing world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, and Third Man is certainly entitled to his. If he truly feels Floyd totally dominated Miguel and only lost 3 rounds, I guess it's his right. I certainly don't agree... and neither do a lot of other people, who saw Floyd having to dig down deep for the first time in a lo-n-n-n-n-n-n-g time to pull out the victory. I admire Floyd more now than before, because he met Cotto's challenge head-on, and both gave the crowd one of the more crowd-pleasing championship fights we've seen in years. I gave Miguel 5 rounds, although I'd like to see it again and score it again. Maybe I'll see it differently next time.

The sad part is, as happens with all great fights. With time, all people will remember is the unanimous decision win for Floyd over Cotto. One more notch in his belt. To be grouped into the other victims like Ortiz, Marquez, Hatton, etc. When in reality, it was nothing like those fights. As a Cotto fan, the only comfort I have is that Floyd himself knows he was in a real war... and he gave his kudos to Cotto in a very sportsmanlike manner after the fight. In a strange way, I think the Cotto fight has even increased Floyd's legacy in the boxing world.

Dude you sound like a serious fanboy right about now, was your account hacked or something??
    Last edited by Onix; 05-09-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto fought a great fight, but Floyd was able to counter everything Cotto could throw at him. I have watched the fight just 2 times, i still score it the same, Floyd took some time off in the middle rounds and was never in any danger. Whenever i see Cotto fight, his opponents are always in danger and that includes Pacquaio in the first 2 rounds of that fight. Never at any time was Cotto able to assert himself enough for us the viewer to believe Floyd was in trouble. I think Miguel Cotto is a great fighter, he has given us some great battles, i hope he continues for a little longer. He was always going to be Floyd's toughest fight and to his credit Floyd responded.
    Nobody should worry to much about Sheridan's commentary, he is a boisterous, color commentator, he is there to spice up the action, he's been around a long time.
    Last edited by THE THIRD MAN; 05-09-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post

Dude it you sound like a serious fanboy right about now, was your account hacked or something??

What's the problem? I've always been a Cotto fan. How is this strange to you? Or do you mean Floyd? Explain yourself please.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post

Cotto fought a great fight, but Floyd was able to counter everything Cotto could throw at him. I have watched the fight just 2 times, i still score it the same, Floyd took some time off in the middle rounds (surely you don't believe that, do you?) and was never in any danger. Whenever i see Cotto fight, his opponents are always in danger and that includes Pacquaio in the first 2 rounds of that fight. Never at any time was Cotto able to assert himself enough for us the viewer to believe Floyd was in trouble. I think Miguel Cotto is a great fighter, he has given us some great battles, i hope he continues for a little longer. He was always going to be Floyd's toughest fight and to his credit Floyd responded.
    Nobody should worry to much about Sheridan's commentary, he is a boisterous, color commentator, he is there to spice up the action, he's been around a long time. He's there for a reason, to call fights as accurately as he can and without bias. He fails miserably.

See above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto fought a great fight, but Floyd was able to counter everything Cotto could throw at him. I have watched the fight just 2 times, i still score it the same, Floyd took some time off in the middle rounds (surely you don't believe that, do you?) and was never in any danger. Whenever i see Cotto fight, his opponents are always in danger and that includes Pacquaio in the first 2 rounds of that fight. Never at any time was Cotto able to assert himself enough for us the viewer to believe Floyd was in trouble. I think Miguel Cotto is a great fighter, he has given us some great battles, i hope he continues for a little longer. He was always going to be Floyd's toughest fight and to his credit Floyd responded.
    Nobody should worry to much about Sheridan's commentary, he is a boisterous, color commentator, he is there to spice up the action, he's been around a long time. He's there for a reason, to call fights as accurately as he can and without bias. He fails miserably.

See above.
    Time off? Yep, I think Floyd was ready to step on the gas whenever he felt like it and he did in round 12.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See above.
    Time off? Yep, I think Floyd was ready to step on the gas whenever he felt like it and he did in round 12.

So he was just cruising the rest of the fight? Interesting.
    Poor guy must've been really bored.

I'm sorry. I've tried to understand your point........... but failed miserably.
    I must've watched a different fight than you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude it you sound like a serious fanboy right about now, was your account hacked or something??

What's the problem? I've always been a Cotto fan. How is this strange to you? Or do you mean Floyd? Explain yourself please.
    Tito I know he's your fav fighter but I thought you were alot more objective then this. Perhaps you should watch the fight again, you say you gave Cotto 5 rounds, which ones were they? I gave him 3 rounds, lets stretch and say 4, they were not even the the 4 toughest rounds of Floyds career, that designation goes to Castillo or Augustus.

It was a great performance by Cotto but it was a lesson from Floyd and in no way was he in touble at anytime. The victory enhances Floyds legacy and the fact that it was Cotto gives it an added bump but its hardly a defining fight for Floyd simply a victory over another under suited opponent.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See above.

So he was just cruising the rest of the fight? Interesting.
    Poor guy must've been really bored.

I'm sorry. I've tried to understand your point........... but failed miserably.
    I must've watched a different fight than you.
    At this point I think some posters are just looking to wind others up.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The worst commentating I have ever seen. Biased to the nth degree in favor of Mayweather. It isn't just the judging we have to deal with in boxing or the ridiculous numbers of belts, it is now also the appalling excuse for commentary that we seem to be getting.
    Really? Biased? I thought he gave Cotto a lot of credit during the fight, Mayweather was giving Cotto a boxing lesson and several times Sheridan did mention that Cotto was giving his all and that he was a great champion and fighter, but Mayweather was too good. He was right.
    Come on give it a rest.

Your a better poster than this, more fair minded.

Mayweather got hit more cleanly than he has in years, he won no one is disputing that but it wasn't a dominant, easy performance at all.
    I had it 117-111 and while i'll admit Mayweather did it tough Cotto was never really in the hunt as far as a win is concerned. I gave Cotto rounds 6, 8 and 9. Mayweather did what he had to do and Cotto was lucky to survive the final round. Cotto just couldn't hit him often enough, Mayweather fought him on his terms, at his weight and clearly won the fight.
    They're both the same height, Cotto is actually shorter at 5'7 even tho they list him at 5'8, and the same size as well. Mayweather chose to come in at 151 to gain a speed edge I imagine.

Regardless I think its crazy not to give Cotto ANY of the first 5 rounds.

Miguel showed the best defense I've ever seen from him and blocked many of Floyd's shots, he also did some great body work which was often ignored by the commentators. Most clearly he found a home for his single, power jab which caught Floyd backing straight up numerous times.

I think the commentary along with the aura of invincibility of Floyd influenced some to give Floyd every single close round.
    1 complaint. Floyd is not the same weight as Cotto. When Cotto was at 140 many yrs ago, he had at least 1 fight where he weighed 157 pounds in the ring. He has weighed over 160 in the ring for his last few fights at 154.

Floyd weighed in at 151 and claims he weighed 147 pounds in the ring fighting. It is a bit weird, but he claims to have been sick.

Of course Floyd weighed only 150 pounds on HBO's unofficial scale vs Ortiz. 150 pounds. I think Floyd weighed only about 148 or 149 against De la hoya.

Floyd is not a big guy. He moved up from 140 quickly to 147 and has relied on craft and speed to beat guys who are naturally bigger. When Floyd is saying Pac has to be taking something because he is a smaller fighter beating up bigger men, he needs to look in the mirror.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito I know he's your fav fighter but I thought you were alot more objective then this. Perhaps you should watch the fight again, you say you gave Cotto 5 rounds, which ones were they? I gave him 3 rounds, lets stretch and say 4, they were not even the the 4 toughest rounds of Floyds career, that designation goes to Castillo or Augustus.

It was a great performance by Cotto but it was a lesson from Floyd and in no way was he in touble at anytime. The victory enhances Floyds legacy and the fact that it was Cotto gives it an added bump but its hardly a defining fight for Floyd simply a victory over another under suited opponent.

If I don't reply for awhile, it's 'cause I'm gonna be looking for a post of yours where you said I was objective.

C'mon dude..... you and I both know you never miss an opportunity to yank my chain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fully understand that Cotto fans are not happy he was beaten, i'm a Cotto fan too, but i cannot see how he even came close to really troubling Floyd. It was a good fight and Cotto did his best to put pressure on Floyd and he was active throughout, but he didn't land enough, he looked good when Floyd decided to show bravado and fight from the ropes for a while, but that was it. Cotto's lack of foot movement and the ability to land anything significant was his downfall. Floyd paced himself through the fight, like a long distance runner you have to get the distance, so you pace it out and if that meant losing a couple of rounds then he was prepared to do that. Cotto couldn't quite land that big shot that would change Mayweather's fight plan. Mayweather stepped it up in that final round and looked like he could've done that at any time. There is no shame for Cotto here, i look forward to his next challenge, he is a great fighter.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fully understand that Cotto fans are not happy he was beaten (not happy he was beaten, but I accepted the fact from the beginning), i'm a Cotto fan too, but i cannot see how he even came close to really troubling Floyd. It was a good fight and Cotto did his best to put pressure on Floyd and he was active throughout, but he didn't land enough, he looked good when Floyd decided to show bravado and fight from the ropes for a while, but that was it. Cotto's lack of foot movement and the ability to land anything significant was his downfall. (His lack of "anything significant" caused Floyd to bleed from his nose and created detectable mouses under both eyes. Normally Floyd's face shows no signs of battle (hence, the nickname "Pretty Boy") Floyd paced himself through the fight, like a long distance runner you have to get the distance, so you pace it out and if that meant losing a couple of rounds then he was prepared to do that. Cotto couldn't quite land that big shot that would change Mayweather's fight plan. Mayweather stepped it up in that final round and looked like he could've done that at any time. (Again with the "cruising", "taking rounds off" argument. So he purposely coasted so the fight could last 12 rounds? What a showman! Look... he caught Cotto good in the last round. He saw that... he went for it. Before that... Cotto was pressuring him into the ropes. Oh... I'm sorry. Floyd was allowing Cotto to put him against the ropes and punish him.)There is no shame for Cotto here, i look forward to his next challenge, he is a great fighter.

Happens all the time. The judges decision was wide... so obviously the fight was one-sided. Floyd was coasting. He was bored. He could've finished Cotto at any time. Floyd LET it last 12 rounds. Cotto had nothing to do with it. Amazing what a couple of days after the fight will do to some people's perception.

And for the record... no, Cotto didn't land enough. Nobody that fights Floyd ever does. The guy has amazing defense, and his rolling shoulder technique should be patented... he does it so good. Cotto tried some good right hands, but they sailed over Floyd's head. He went to the body... but in retrospect he should have used the left to the body more. Some of Floyd's showy rights to Cotto's head were blocked.... but admittedly looked good and accumulated points. People thought Cotto couldn't box with Floyd. He did. People thought Floyd would steamroller Cotto. He didn't. People thought Cotto woudn't get a fair shake from the judges, win or lose. They were SO right.

No fan-boyism... no nothing. Just saying it like I saw it (and a lot of other people, too).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fully understand that Cotto fans are not happy he was beaten (not happy he was beaten, but I accepted the fact from the beginning), i'm a Cotto fan too, but i cannot see how he even came close to really troubling Floyd. It was a good fight and Cotto did his best to put pressure on Floyd and he was active throughout, but he didn't land enough, he looked good when Floyd decided to show bravado and fight from the ropes for a while, but that was it. Cotto's lack of foot movement and the ability to land anything significant was his downfall. (His lack of "anything significant" caused Floyd to bleed from his nose and created detectable mouses under both eyes. Normally Floyd's face shows no signs of battle (hence, the nickname "Pretty Boy") Floyd paced himself through the fight, like a long distance runner you have to get the distance, so you pace it out and if that meant losing a couple of rounds then he was prepared to do that. Cotto couldn't quite land that big shot that would change Mayweather's fight plan. Mayweather stepped it up in that final round and looked like he could've done that at any time. (Again with the "cruising", "taking rounds off" argument. So he purposely coasted so the fight could last 12 rounds? What a showman! Look... he caught Cotto good in the last round. He saw that... he went for it. Before that... Cotto was pressuring him into the ropes. Oh... I'm sorry. Floyd was allowing Cotto to put him against the ropes and punish him.)There is no shame for Cotto here, i look forward to his next challenge, he is a great fighter.

Happens all the time. The judges decision was wide... so obviously the fight was one-sided. Floyd was coasting. He was bored. He could've finished Cotto at any time. Floyd LET it last 12 rounds. Cotto had nothing to do with it. Amazing what a couple of days after the fight will do to some people's perception.

And for the record... no, Cotto didn't land enough. Nobody that fights Floyd ever does. The guy has amazing defense, and his rolling shoulder technique should be patented... he does it so good. Cotto tried some good right hands, but they sailed over Floyd's head. He went to the body... but in retrospect he should have used the left to the body more. Some of Floyd's showy rights to Cotto's head were blocked.... but admittedly looked good and accumulated points. People thought Cotto couldn't box with Floyd. He did. People thought Floyd would steamroller Cotto. He didn't. People thought Cotto woudn't get a fair shake from the judges, win or lose. They were SO right.

No fan-boyism... no nothing. Just saying it like I saw it (and a lot of other people, too).
    Your loyalty is unquestionable. "It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone" ~ Steinbeck

Miguel Cotto will shine again and we will both be happy about it.

Thread Information