Thread: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    You know maybe you shoud tie one of floyds arms up...coz that would be the only chance Cotto woud have to beat mayweather.

Whats it matter mate? I admit that Sheridan goes overboard on his commentary and I even found myself at times going WTF is he on about. But I did see it similar in the way cotto was throwing shit loads of punches but fuck all were connecting. Its like the dela hoya fight, dela hoya threw alot with floyd on the ropes but fuck all were effective.
    Kostya Tzyu woulda gotten schooled, humilated, and stopped by Floyd. Wouldn't have won a round. There take that you big meanie !!!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    You know maybe you shoud tie one of floyds arms up...coz that would be the only chance Cotto woud have to beat mayweather.

Whats it matter mate? I admit that Sheridan goes overboard on his commentary and I even found myself at times going WTF is he on about. But I did see it similar in the way cotto was throwing shit loads of punches but fuck all were connecting. Its like the dela hoya fight, dela hoya threw alot with floyd on the ropes but fuck all were effective.
    Kostya Tzyu woulda gotten schooled, humilated, and stopped by Floyd. Wouldn't have won a round. There take that you big meanie !!!
    You're right Kostya Tzyu would've been schooled by Floyd, but Kostya Tszyu might have given Floyd more trouble than you think at 140lbs.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was a fight worth watching a second time, which I did. Now more than ever, your assessment of the fight seems light-years away from reality. Put in other terms.......

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post

You're right Kostya Tzyu would've been schooled by Floyd, but Kostya Tszyu might have given Floyd more trouble than you think at 140lbs.
    Hey its not my fault that fucker has a tricky name to spell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I spell it wrong all the time, have to google his name, bloody Russians! Who puts a Z before a Y anyway

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I spell it wrong all the time, have to google his name, bloody Russians! Who puts a Z before a Y anyway

Lol had to try and navigate a Russian site once or twice for a boxing stream and its alien like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Lol had to try and navigate a Russian site once or twice for a boxing stream and its alien like.
    I navigate sites from russia from time to time but its for reasons other than boxing

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha

He's not Russian he's actually an orc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

This was a fight worth watching a second time, which I did. Now more than ever, your assessment of the fight seems light-years away from reality. Put in other terms.......

Righto mate I dont really care. I dont think Cotto was effective and I think he received a boxing lesson. The only rounds cotto won were the ones that floyd chose to take off. Answer this...do you think if floyd was told he was down on points that he wouldnt of been able to walk out and knock cotto out? If that was the case Floyd would of unloaded combo after combo until Cotto couldnt defend and it would of been pac/cotto all over again. Cotto was down on points the whole way and he looked no where close to getting a finish.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Snakey;1072254]

(Righto mate I dont really care. Agree)
    (I dont think Cotto was effective Disagree)
    (and I think he received a boxing lesson. Disagree)
    (The only rounds cotto won were the ones that floyd chose to take off. Disagree) (Answer this...do you think if floyd was told he was down on points that he wouldnt of been able to walk out and knock cotto out? NO)
    (If that was the case Floyd would of unloaded combo after combo until Cotto couldnt defend and it would of been pac/cotto all over again. Disagree)
    (Cotto was down on points the whole way and he looked no where close to getting a finish.Disagree)

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with everything you've said... just the highlighted parts above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=TitoFan;1072290]

(The only rounds cotto won were the ones that floyd chose to take off. Disagree) (Answer this...do you think if floyd was told he was down on points that he wouldnt of been able to walk out and knock cotto out? NO)
    (If that was the case Floyd would of unloaded combo after combo until Cotto couldnt defend and it would of been pac/cotto all over again. Disagree)
    (Cotto was down on points the whole way and he looked no where close to getting a finish.Disagree)

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with everything you've said... just the highlighted parts above.
    Well i think you and I should just agree to disagree coz we obviously saw very different fights. Theres no way cotto was any where close to finishing floyd and never looked like he could and I dont think cotto was ever up on the score cards in that fight. If you and I cant agree those points then its pointless even discussing coz I think at least those two points are definite.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Snakey;1072408]

[/QUOTE]

Well i think you and I should just agree to disagree coz we obviously saw very different fights. Theres no way cotto was any where close to finishing floyd and never looked like he could and I dont think cotto was ever up on the score cards in that fight. If you and I cant agree those points then its pointless even discussing coz I think at least those two points are definite.

You know, for having such wildly different opinions, this last post I don't have much of a problem with. You made two basic points in this last post:

Cotto was nowhere close to finishing Floyd. (I don't disagree with this, dude. If that's what you meant by the last sentence in your previous post... then I misunderstood).

You don't think Cotto was ever up on the scorecards in that fight. (I don't disagree with this either, dude. HOWEVER... I disagree totally with those scorecards. I've already posted my own round-by-round scoring of the fight (IMO) in another thread, where I had it 7-5 Floyd or arguably 8-4, but that's it. AND YET... judging by the official scorecards, it is evident none of the judges at the fight ever had Cotto ahead. So no... Cotto was never up on the official scorecards. I just don't agree with those scorecards).

Still, your previous post I found to be very dismissing and disrespectful of Cotto's effort and accomplishments that night. So while I agree with your two points in this last post of yours, I still disagree with your previous post entirely.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=TitoFan;1072442]

[/QUOTE]

You know, for having such wildly different opinions, this last post I don't have much of a problem with. You made two basic points in this last post:

Cotto was nowhere close to finishing Floyd. (I don't disagree with this, dude. If that's what you meant by the last sentence in your previous post... then I misunderstood).

You don't think Cotto was ever up on the scorecards in that fight. (I don't disagree with this either, dude. HOWEVER... I disagree totally with those scorecards. I've already posted my own round-by-round scoring of the fight (IMO) in another thread, where I had it 7-5 Floyd or arguably 8-4, but that's it. AND YET... judging by the official scorecards, it is evident none of the judges at the fight ever had Cotto ahead. So no... Cotto was never up on the official scorecards. I just don't agree with those scorecards).

Still, your previous post I found to be very dismissing and disrespectful of Cotto's effort and accomplishments that night. So while I agree with your two points in this last post of yours, I still disagree with your previous post entirely.
    The truth is somewhere in the middle of what you're both saying

Cotto was neither as ineffective as Snakey is saying, but not as effective as Titofan, you're saying.

8-4, maybe 9-4 (I did score 1 round even on 1 time i scored it)

I have seen a couple 7-5 scorecards - I don't see it myself, nor that Cotto was ever aheadp..but the only real problem I have is people who thought Cotto earned a draw or even a victory.

Cotto was competitive and boxed Floyds ears off in round 8 - Nobody has ever done that before. Cotto can be proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=TitoFan;1072442]

[/QUOTE]

Ok may be I worded it badly or was a little to in to it. We shall leave it there then
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....one of the most biased commentaries EVER!

Thread Information