Thread: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally dont think you could give Cotto more than 4 rounds in that fight..which is still pretty amazing. Cotto did however embarass Floyd in round 8. I've never seen Floyd outboxed but thats exactly what happened. Cotto hit and didn't get hit. Floyds frustrated smile told the story.
    Also Cotto should be commended for landing much more than is normal for an opponent of money..all whilst bringing down Floyds usual connect percentage.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

You bring up some good points, Althugz. Honestly, I'm gonna have to watch the fight again and score it again. I gave Cotto 5 rounds when watching it Saturday night, but I want to watch it again, more "clinically" this time.

I do think there were some telling stats in there which point out the fact that it wasn't the landslide some observers (including the judges) made it out to be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I can count myself lucky I was watching a Romanian stream

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worst commentary I've ever heard...and I've had to listen to the likes of John Rawling and Duke Mkenzie for years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill admit that Bob Sheridan goes overboard in his commentating. But I saw it very similiar, a lot of what Cotto threw didnt hit. And just coz this is the most mayweather has been hit in yrs doesnt mean you win the fight coz of that, theres no award for hitting mayweather more than the other guy...it just means you landed a little more than anyone in a while...while getting a boxing lesson. I felt that Floyd could of ended it any time he wanted to but chose to just coast. We saw in the 12th that any time floyd opened up he was a legit chance of hurting cotto.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Ill admit that Bob Sheridan goes overboard in his commentating. But I saw it very similiar, a lot of what Cotto threw didnt hit. And just coz this is the most mayweather has been hit in yrs doesnt mean you win the fight coz of that, theres no award for hitting mayweather more than the other guy...it just means you landed a little more than anyone in a while...while getting a boxing lesson. I felt that Floyd could of ended it any time he wanted to but chose to just coast. We saw in the 12th that any time floyd opened up he was a legit chance of hurting cotto.
    Is anybody saying that Cotto won the fight? Punches were landing to the body and we were told 'they are all missing'. It just wasn't true. Just because Floyd finally wore his man out did not mean he could have taken out Cotto anytime. I hate arguments like that. If he could done, he would have done, but nadda. Just overdoing the Floyd lush thing.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Is anybody saying that Cotto won the fight? Punches were landing to the body and we were told 'they are all missing'. It just wasn't true. Just because Floyd finally wore his man out did not mean he could have taken out Cotto anytime. I hate arguments like that. If he could done, he would have done, but nadda. Just overdoing the Floyd lush thing.

You beat me to it, miles. I'm tired of rehashing the same stuff over and over. No... Cotto did not win the fight. No... Cotto's punches didn't ALL miss. That's absurd. If that's the case, the wind must've caused Floyd's nosebleed. No... Floyd was not "coasting" and letting Cotto last out the 12 rounds. Absolute nonsense. But new posts like these continue to come up. Whatever.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest it looked to me at first that Floyd was coasting at some point (after hurting Cotto and not pressing the attack) but I think it was more to do with Floyd conserving his energy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea i thought the commentary was very bad, i mean in the first few rounds Floyd was thowing combo's but just hitting Cotto's gloves they were making it sound like these punches were landing clean, saying things like 'wow another 3 punch combanation from the master how can you defend againt this' i was like he is defending?
    I think they made there minds up from the moment the bell rang in the first round who's side they were on

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    To be honest it looked to me at first that Floyd was coasting at some point (after hurting Cotto and not pressing the attack) but I think it was more to do with Floyd conserving his energy.
    Watched it again and i still have it a draw or 7-5 to Floyd, who was certainly not finding it easy in the ring with Cotto.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoBias View Post
    Yea i thought the commentary was very bad, i mean in the first few rounds Floyd was thowing combo's but just hitting Cotto's gloves they were making it sound like these punches were landing clean, saying things like 'wow another 3 punch combanation from the master how can you defend againt this' i was like he is defending?
    I think they made there minds up from the moment the bell rang in the first round who's side they were on

Agreed. Good post, and welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    That is pretty much how i saw it, Floyd built up a lead and then paced himself, he was fighting Cotto at his weight and on his terms. He also had great respect for Cotto, he knew he was in for a tough fight and probably also knew he couldn't stop him. It was a 12 round fight and that is what Floyd prepared for and fought for. He looked very fresh in Round 11 and by round 12 almost put Cotto away. Floyd fought a great fight against a great fighter.
    Cotto will be back, he has some time left and he will win another belt. They should keep Canelo well away from Miguel Cotto, he will lose!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL cotto never hurt floyd and never had him in trouble. Lots of cottos work was missing and most of floyds were landing. I think it was the fourth round or something but floyd unloaded and wobbled cotto and floyd just chose to let him off the hook. Then in the 12th it showed that if he wanted to do he could hurt cotto at will and if it had of gone another round i think cotto would of been koed. Get over it, floyd was the better boxer and he got the respect he deserved. So did cotto but truth was he was missing a lot. He hit floyd more then most ppl have in yrs but when ppl are only landing under 20% against him it still mean you arent landing a lot even if you do better.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL cotto never hurt floyd and never had him in trouble. Lots of cottos work was missing and most of floyds were landing. I think it was the fourth round or something but floyd unloaded and wobbled cotto and floyd just chose to let him off the hook. Then in the 12th it showed that if he wanted to do he could hurt cotto at will and if it had of gone another round i think cotto would of been koed. Get over it, floyd was the better boxer and he got the respect he deserved. So did cotto but truth was he was missing a lot. He hit floyd more then most ppl have in yrs but when ppl are only landing under 20% against him it still mean you arent landing a lot even if you do better.

Oh yeah, Snakey. Matter of fact, I think I spotted Floyd stifling a yawn somewhere during one of those rounds. Maybe they can do a rematch where Floyd can have one arm tied behind his back. You know... to make it more competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know maybe you shoud tie one of floyds arms up...coz that would be the only chance Cotto woud have to beat mayweather.

Whats it matter mate? I admit that Sheridan goes overboard on his commentary and I even found myself at times going WTF is he on about. But I did see it similar in the way cotto was throwing shit loads of punches but fuck all were connecting. Its like the dela hoya fight, dela hoya threw alot with floyd on the ropes but fuck all were effective.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information