Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Mayweather vs Cotto WTF - If I hadnt seen everyone else I would think I had gone mental and was watching the wrong fight!?!?!?!? I literally have never seen anything like it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Mayweather vs Cotto WTF - If I hadnt seen everyone else I would think I had gone mental and was watching the wrong fight!?!?!?!? I literally have never seen anything like it
    I got the Sheridan commentary down here, what was wrong with it?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The worst commentating I have ever seen. Biased to the nth degree in favor of Mayweather. It isn't just the judging we have to deal with in boxing or the ridiculous numbers of belts, it is now also the appalling excuse for commentary that we seem to be getting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The worst commentating I have ever seen. Biased to the nth degree in favor of Mayweather. It isn't just the judging we have to deal with in boxing or the ridiculous numbers of belts, it is now also the appalling excuse for commentary that we seem to be getting.
    Really? Biased? I thought he gave Cotto a lot of credit during the fight, Mayweather was giving Cotto a boxing lesson and several times Sheridan did mention that Cotto was giving his all and that he was a great champion and fighter, but Mayweather was too good. He was right.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Really? Biased? I thought he gave Cotto a lot of credit during the fight, Mayweather was giving Cotto a boxing lesson and several times Sheridan did mention that Cotto was giving his all and that he was a great champion and fighter, but Mayweather was too good. He was right.
    Come on give it a rest.

Your a better poster than this, more fair minded.

Mayweather got hit more cleanly than he has in years, he won no one is disputing that but it wasn't a dominant, easy performance at all.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Come on give it a rest.

Your a better poster than this, more fair minded.

Mayweather got hit more cleanly than he has in years, he won no one is disputing that but it wasn't a dominant, easy performance at all.
    I had it 117-111 and while i'll admit Mayweather did it tough Cotto was never really in the hunt as far as a win is concerned. I gave Cotto rounds 6, 8 and 9. Mayweather did what he had to do and Cotto was lucky to survive the final round. Cotto just couldn't hit him often enough, Mayweather fought him on his terms, at his weight and clearly won the fight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched it on HBO, but that's exactly the same thing they said regarding Cotto and it was only in order to make Floyd sound good. Saying Cotto was a great champion giving it his all without actually acknowledging that he was in the fight or commenting on what he was doing. For whatever reason it seems you didn't want to see a good fight either though, at least those guys were getting paid.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, it was extremely biased.

Cotto wasn't exactly hitting air all night as they repeatedly tried to insist, I certainly didn't see him receive enough credit for his work at all. And then every time Mayweather opened up he was apparently putting on a masterclass despite a lot of his work not landing cleanly. Very biased.

Mayweather won and was more exciting than normal, but it was hard fought. Mayweather only really pulled away in the final 2 rounds. Cotto had evened up the fight somewhat with his mid fight effort. The cards were off and the commentary was quite definitely off.

It was almost painful to listen to at times as it didn't match what I was seeing at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

quite literally the entire fight was about Mayweather, how exceptional he was how when cot to was hitting him to body 3 times the commentary would say 'and he cannot land a head shot' point is aside from the fact he did, look at floods face, but he was actually throwing 4 or 5 shots to the body so of course he wasn't going to get a head shot!

I just thought it was a complete joke!!!

Thread Information