Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Haye v Chisora will happen after all.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye v Chisora will happen after all.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    TitoFan,

1. Your "double-standard" charge was aimed at me? You must have me confused with someone else. Since when did I ever insult fighters? Since when did I not like Cotto? I love nor hate anyone. However, I have respect for every world-class fighter regardless of their personality. If you think making a factual statement like "Cotto got knocked out by Pac" is hating or insulting then you need serious help. Trust me.

None of this changes the fact that you would criticize any fighter, other than a personal favorite (like Haye), for what Haye did against Wlad. This is what's normally known as a double-standard. Nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of people have them.

2. It upsets you that Haye trash-talks but doesn't back it up? OK. Trash-talk doesn't bother me. It just sells fights. I laugh or totally disregard it and it has no bearing on who I believe will win a particular fight.

Yes it does upset me (well, not really 'cause again... I didn't pay for the fight) so I guess we'll just agree to disagree. You disregard trash talk of Haye's magnitude and could care less how he actually fought in the ring. I think of Haye as a cross between a used car salesman and a politician... selling outright lies just to sell tickets, when he has no intention on following up on his pre-fight talk.

3. You thought the Haye-Wlad fight was a disgrace? I thought Haye would be pretty cautious because of his performance against Valuev. So I wasn't surprised by his tactics. I advised people that Wlad was overpriced and a very good bet.

Again, we'll agree to disagree. Your own bar is set pretty low as far as boxing is concerned, I guess. You'll watch anything, and a performance such as Haye's doesn't bother you. You must've REALLY loved Bruce Seldon's fight against Mike Tyson.

4. Lyle couldn't let Haye fans "have it" because a) he made a million posts telling everyone Wlad would be exciting before scoring a KO and b) hardly ANYONE on this site picked Haye to win.

I won't get into this particular point.

5. "You don't lose?" I didn't even know it was a competition. I just give my views on stuff. Nothing more, nothing less. Fact.

Your signature line looks foolish more often than not. Just trying to be constructive here. It would be more effective if the stuff you write were in fact, well..... FACT. And by "you don't lose", I don't mean a competition. If I must explain it to you, I'm merely referring to the FACT that you never accept being wrong, even when you are.

(See above)
    1. Stop assuming everyone thinks like you. Why would I criticise someone for doing what I expected? That's ridiculous. I am not emotionally attached to any fighter. Whether they are the nastiest or nicest person on earth it means nothing to me, I judge them soley on their ring exploits.

2, 3 and 4. You get upset by trash-talk and have far higher standards than me. Good for you.

5. Thanks for the advice. However, I'm gonna let you into a secret - signing off with "fact" when it is blatantly opinion is a long running joke. It's something called humour. I'm never the one that looks foolish. Fact.

Apology accepted.

(Anyway, for the 3rd time in a row you refuse to address the double-standard issue. It's ok... I'll take that as conceding the point. And for the record, I am NOT upset by trash-talk. I just expect it to be backed up in the ring, especially in fights that I've paid to see. But then, that's just me.)
    1. I'm not refusing to address any issue. Show me specifically what you mean? I honestly have no idea what you're waffling about?

2. You've never bought a fight that didn't disappoint you. Good for you, champ.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haye chisora is for the wba and wbo something belts I forget which, i guess this is the start of the haye wladimir rematch, wont be long before haye is the mandatory for the wba belt :S

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    haye chisora is for the wba and wbo something belts I forget which, i guess this is the start of the haye wladimir rematch, wont be long before haye is the mandatory for the wba belt :S
    But he will never be a WBC champion ever.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    But he will never be a WBC champion ever.
    hmm i wonder if he knows this it will hardly be worth continuing his career, maybe he should re retire :S

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?? This is for world titles?? Boxing gone mad..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just heard that Chisora will be remixing "aint no stopping us now" to "aint toe stopping us now" as his ring walk music

Class!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Just heard that Chisora will be remixing "aint no stopping us now" to "aint toe stopping us now" as his ring walk music

Class!
    is this true? I would laugh
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just searched the newest chisora videos on youtube and hes done an interview on radio one with dopey white gangster tim westwood, which is where he says it.

Thread Information