Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Most of that uneducated public includes every person involved in boxing. Is there anyone that has supported Peterson?
    Anyone calling him a "cheater" is walking a very fine line - So what you are saying in your infinite wisdom (yes, extreme sarcasm) is that ANYONE who has passed the Nevada State Athletic Commisions drug tests with a test range that is above a 1:3.77 ratio is a cheater? Or a potential cheater? Remember that Peterson is the first person caught by these stricter tests - tests that HE demanded and he is still within the normal test ranges.

I guarantee you if you were to pull up every drug test in the last 10 years from the Nevada State Athletic Commision most fighters would show up higher than Peterson did that day.

Synthetic or not..as long as people fall within range and disclose what they're doing, I don't see the problem.

Plus if Peterson has medical backing then he does indeed have a leg to stand on..So, wrong again as usual Fenny boy...Unless they want to question the doctors credibility which you can never prove that they're lying...Fact, right?
    We'll see who's wrong when his case his heard.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Belts should be vacant. Con lost the fight. How the fuck you gonna reward him for losing? Makes no fucking sense.
    You'd rather see two new "champions" at 140 instead of having the man that originally held the titles, who was beat by a cheat, re-establish some hierarchy in the division?

That attitude is exactly why boxing is so pathetic. Multi "world" champions per division. Hilarious.
    So you rather see the belts go from one cheator to another? What's the point? Con should not be rewarded for losing the fight or for being able to hide his PED usage better than Peterson
    That was funny.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most of that uneducated public includes every person involved in boxing. Is there anyone that has supported Peterson?
    Anyone calling him a "cheater" is walking a very fine line - So what you are saying in your infinite wisdom (yes, extreme sarcasm) is that ANYONE who has passed the Nevada State Athletic Commisions drug tests with a test range that is above a 1:3.77 ratio is a cheater? Or a potential cheater? Remember that Peterson is the first person caught by these stricter tests - tests that HE demanded and he is still within the normal test ranges.

I guarantee you if you were to pull up every drug test in the last 10 years from the Nevada State Athletic Commision most fighters would show up higher than Peterson did that day.

Synthetic or not..as long as people fall within range and disclose what they're doing, I don't see the problem.

Plus if Peterson has medical backing then he does indeed have a leg to stand on..So, wrong again as usual Fenny boy...Unless they want to question the doctors credibility which you can never prove that they're lying...Fact, right?
    Oh he'll lose the case for non-disclosure if anything, you're still wrong. He won't lose for being a "cheater" otherwise you go back and put a question mark against any victory where the winner tested above 1:3.77 under normal testing procedures.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh he'll lose the case for non-disclosure if anything, you're still wrong. He won't lose for being a "cheater" otherwise you go back and put a question mark against any victory where the winner tested above 1:3.77 under normal testing procedures.
    Non-disclosure of a banned substance which means he'll be branded a "cheat" like he currently is.

Whether he's innocent or not is basically irrelevant.

I'm still right. Fact.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Non-disclosure of a banned substance which means he'll be branded a "cheat" like he currently is.

Whether he's innocent or not is basically irrelevant.

I'm still right. Fact.
    Being "branded" a cheat by the majority is still an "opinion"...fact. Enjoy your victory anyway

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by alqaqa View Post
    i think Khan should get his belt back
    No, Khan should not get his belts back. The guy tested within very normal levels ffs. He was actually smack down in the middle range. Yet everybody is jumping on him and calling him a cheater. I actually feel for the guy - he made the stupid mistake of not reporting it and now he gets most of the uneducated public who haven't the first clue about the situation branding him a cheater.
    I'll say again, it's fishy as hell that HE was the one pushing for the VADA testing and then getting caught.
    I wonder what Khan's testosterone levels were?
    The explanation for pushing for VADA testing could be that he gambled that the testosterone pill wouldn't be detectable. Alternatively, it was a slow release pill, maybe by that point, he felt like it would have been completely released.

I have a question. If an athlete's testosterone is above 1:1, but below 4:1, does that mean that he is taking something to supplement it, but it hasn't been caught because either it isn't banned or because he didn't take enough to take him out of the legal limits? Because normal humans are 1:1, it seems like any amount over it, would be banned, right?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alqaqa View Post
    i think Khan should get his belt back
    No, Khan should not get his belts back. The guy tested within very normal levels ffs. He was actually smack down in the middle range. Yet everybody is jumping on him and calling him a cheater. I actually feel for the guy - he made the stupid mistake of not reporting it and now he gets most of the uneducated public who haven't the first clue about the situation branding him a cheater.
    I'll say again, it's fishy as hell that HE was the one pushing for the VADA testing and then getting caught.
    I wonder what Khan's testosterone levels were?
    The explanation for pushing for VADA testing could be that he gambled that the testosterone pill wouldn't be detectable. Alternatively, it was a slow release pill, maybe by that point, he felt like it would have been completely released.

I have a question. If an athlete's testosterone is above 1:1, but below 4:1, does that mean that he is taking something to supplement it, but it hasn't been caught because either it isn't banned or because he didn't take enough to take him out of the legal limits? Because normal humans are 1:1, it seems like any amount over it, would be banned, right?

Hahah, that's way off Rant. Normal humans testosterone levels fluctuate greatly throughout life, as do most hormones. A male athlete in their late teens early 20's will have FAR higher levels of testosterone and other growth hormones than they will even 10 years later, not to mention 20 or 30, not to mention compared to someone who is inactive. Being in peak physical condition will naturally spike these levels to a huge extent, which is why it is so difficult to test for HGH for instance. As someone else posted the legal ratio of testosterone is as high as 6 or 7:1 for this reason, it in no way indicates one is supplementing with anything in itself.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Face it, he's a fucking cheat. Presented with a positive test for synthetic testosterone he gets angry, claims innocence, demands the B test be tested with one of his people present and denies ever taking anything synthetic. Then when the B test is positive too he says oh, that synthetic testosterone. I just forgot to tell you I was taking the stuff that I was outright denying taking five miutes ago. It's just a misunderstanding!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course, he cheated. It's just the bizarre fashion in which he was caught, which highlights how easy it is for any fighter to get around it until they mandate real drug testing. I guarantee you a lot of guys were calling there doctor shortly after this came out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Of course, he cheated. It's just the bizarre fashion in which he was caught, which highlights how easy it is for any fighter to get around it until they mandate real drug testing. I guarantee you a lot of guys were calling there doctor shortly after this came out.
    You just rounded up how I feel about it - although for me it's a grey area to call someone a cheat when his testosterone levels are not even high but very AVERAGE for a male! If you're gonna cheat why go to 3.77? You'd go 10+ or something to make it worth it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You just rounded up how I feel about it - although for me it's a grey area to call someone a cheat when his testosterone levels are not even high but very AVERAGE for a male! If you're gonna cheat why go to 3.77? You'd go 10+ or something to make it worth it.
    You go to 3.77 so you're just under the 4 limit that is not allowed. And you do it because existing testing doesn't pick synthetic testosterone up like all the MMA guys have been doing. Peterson's sample passed all the normal tests in the first fight and this one until they did this new test on the samples that picked the synthetic stuff up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont even believe that peterson had low testosterone in the first place, he was just looking to up it to the highest it could be without going over the 4 number and found a doctor who would prescibe him this shit, why the fuck did he go to Vegas for it? because his team know a doctor who's handing this shit out?

The whole way that he handled the situation by not disclosing it when he was supposed to before the fight and from the minute he failed the A test tells me that he was aware that what he was using and was trying to hide it

Thread Information