Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Reading boxingscene and it's saying he has been positive for taking synthetic testosterone. This is so bad, can't believe after his win that this has happened. He has ruined a great possible rematch here. This is so bad for boxing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

And to think that Peterson’s team is the one that pushed for extra testing. Fucking geniuses.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn now we won't here the end off Khan's constant bitching again. But that is bad for the sport, I would like to hear what Peterson has to say about this.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If so, then he is a muppet. Disappointing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This shit is so rife in boxing and other combat sports it doesn't surprise me. It makes me laugh when people try to determine that someone isnt using because "you can tell from how he looks he's not on drugs" which is the usual excuse about the Pac and roids situation - Everybody is and should be a suspect. This proves it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is these top athletes have nutritionists etc and arepumping themselves full of supplements/vitamins and stuff that I'm sure it's easy that they could end up taking something illegal by lack of knowledge, I doubt Peterson is sticking needles in him like in Kickboxer 2 .

Whatever though responsibility lies with the fighter it's is body and his career.

Thing is would he have knowingly took something while pushing for the drug testing? It doesn't make sense. Fucking idiot if he has knowingly cheated.

He could have messed up a huge payday and tarnished his reputation in a short space of time here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You doubt he did it? Based on what?

Is it cheating if everyone does it?

Peds have been apart of major sports since dbol back in the 60s. Hitler had the first roid created for his superior race. Once people stop being naive, and realize this shit is rampant then this type of shit won't be a surprise. I think every pro is on something. But that's just me. Roids still don't ruin any sport for me. I've seen many a drug user get beat or smoked. Roads don't make the athlete. Skills are skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    You doubt he did it? Based on what?

Is it cheating if everyone does it?

Peds have been apart of major sports since dbol back in the 60s. Hitler had the first roid created for his superior race. Once people stop being naive, and realize this shit is rampant then this type of shit won't be a surprise. I think every pro is on something. But that's just me. Roids still don't ruin any sport for me. I've seen many a drug user get beat or smoked. Roads don't make the athlete. Skills are skills.
    Based on the fact that he was pushing for the tests. I'm not saying no chance in hell he's guilty you would have to be a fucking moron to push for the tests knowing you will get caught.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He may have pushed for the tests assuming he wouldn't get caught because he hasn't before, like so many others. That sounds more on point to me. Have they confirmed that it was some form of testosterone he was taking as well? There is a big gray area in all sports with that kind of thing, along with growth hormones etc.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    The thing is these top athletes have nutritionists etc and arepumping themselves full of supplements/vitamins and stuff that I'm sure it's easy that they could end up taking something illegal by lack of knowledge, I doubt Peterson is sticking needles in him like in Kickboxer 2 .

Whatever though responsibility lies with the fighter it's is body and his career.

Thing is would he have knowingly took something while pushing for the drug testing? It doesn't make sense. Fucking idiot if he has knowingly cheated.

He could have messed up a huge payday and tarnished his reputation in a short space of time here.

yeah, but you don't find synthetic testosterone outside of some of top medical labs, you can,t find that in vitamines or supplements. This one will be very difficult to excuse.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post

yeah, but you don't find synthetic testosterone outside of some of top medical labs, you can,t find that in vitamines or supplements. This one will be very difficult to excuse.

I did feel the same as Armyash, I almost felt sorry for Peterson as I thought he had been eating all of these nutrition suplements ad then without knowing, took something he shouldn't have. A bit like Toure taking his wifes slimming pills in English football last year.

But if this is high grade stuff, then he is an idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That not good. Why would he need synthetic testosterone though? Boxing has been proven to naturally increase testosterone levels on its own. Dude must have a deficiency.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It says that the results came back in March! Why has it taken this long for anyone to know?

The drug testing people seemed on Lamonts side in the quotes "... He has not tested positive before or after that reading and he is commended for taking the tests and wanting to play fair"

I think the fight still happens and is covered in controversy again. If it was going to have been called off, they would have done it 2 months ago when they had the positive test result.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan must be very annoyed getting ready to get his titles back and this happens. Khan is in a state of limbo. Do they strip Peterson? Does Khan still fight him? What happens?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently it was a semi solid soaked in by holding it under your armpit for a whole.

Also used then for Khan 1 without realising they were banned.

Thread Information