Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FOX 4 Diaz v Miller

Did anyone catch this card over the weekend ?

Diaz proved he's right up there now and ready for a title shot in the near future, great performance by Nate, props to him !

Was also impressed with Hendricks performacne over Josh. Apart from GSP he's the only UFC fighter to have defeated both Josh and Fitch, now thats some achievement
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FOX 4 Diaz v Miller

Diaz has really upped his game. I hope he takes another fight b/c it will be a long time before he can get a title shot. A fight with Pettis would be fantastic. I actually was not that impressed with Hendricks or Kos. I would have been fine with the fight going either way or a draw. I thought Hendricks was a lot more aggressive but technically it was pretty sloppy. Kos looked to hesitant and obviously didn't want to mix it up too much. For two top notch wrestlers neither really looked for the takedown very much. I don't think Hendricks is even close to ready for GSP and Kos needs to seriously do some work on incorporating his wrestling better with his striking. He used to be too much of a wrestler and now he just looks too much for knockout.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz finally has the man strength he didn't have years ago. He's going to be a tough nut to crack in the years to come.
    Paid Writer Opportunities @ Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Diaz has really upped his game. I hope he takes another fight b/c it will be a long time before he can get a title shot. A fight with Pettis would be fantastic. I actually was not that impressed with Hendricks or Kos. I would have been fine with the fight going either way or a draw. I thought Hendricks was a lot more aggressive but technically it was pretty sloppy. Kos looked to hesitant and obviously didn't want to mix it up too much. For two top notch wrestlers neither really looked for the takedown very much. I don't think Hendricks is even close to ready for GSP and Kos needs to seriously do some work on incorporating his wrestling better with his striking. He used to be too much of a wrestler and now he just looks too much for knockout.
    I hear what ya saying, as a spectacle it wasnt much, what impressed me was Hendricks got the victory. Josh just didnt do enough for me to take it. This is a classic match of two top notch wrestler's against each other. Very little takedown attempts. Obviously both appreciate each others skills and dont want to risk that part of the fight, so both relied on their stand-up, which Hendricks had the better of.

Who would you match Hendricks up against now then, Is it too early for Rory Macdonald to go in against him? That would be a good match up of two up and coming fighters.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kidboxin View Post
    Diaz finally has the man strength he didn't have years ago. He's going to be a tough nut to crack in the years to come.
    This is true. After dropping down to lightweight he looks a far better fighter, although still not as strong as some, his accuracy and timing in the strikes makes him a very difficult opponent to face. Add this to his superb bjj, and he makes for one hell of a fighter.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I hear what ya saying, as a spectacle it wasnt much, what impressed me was Hendricks got the victory. Josh just didnt do enough for me to take it. This is a classic match of two top notch wrestler's against each other. Very little takedown attempts. Obviously both appreciate each others skills and dont want to risk that part of the fight, so both relied on their stand-up, which Hendricks had the better of.

Who would you match Hendricks up against now then, Is it too early for Rory Macdonald to go in against him? That would be a good match up of two up and coming fighters.
    I think Diaz would have been a great fight for him but thats not going to happen. Ellenberger and Kampman are tied up at the moment but he could fight the winner so really that just leaves Rory unless BJ is coming back. Brian Ebersole or Siyar Bahadurzada would be a good matchup but not the "big" fight he is looking for. Diego would give him a name fighter but still a step down. With Shields leaving, Nick on the shelf and Condit/GSP/Kampman/Ellenberger in a holding pattern there just isn't a whole lot out there for him.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz is on a roll, tho I can't stand him or Nick.

Lets see Nate vs. Rory Macdonald rematch.

Also, I thought the Koscheck fight could have gone either way, very close fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Also, I thought the Koscheck fight could have gone either way, very close fight.
    Nate and Rory fight in different weight divisions now bud, that would be an unfair fight on Nate, Rory v Nick would be better match up for the weight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Nate and Rory fight in different weight divisions now bud, that would be an unfair fight on Nate, Rory v Nick would be better match up for the weight.
    No no, Nate can handle it.

It can be a double header.

Nate can fight Rory again and get slammed some more AND Nick can fight Rampage Jackson in his farewell fight (Jackson's).
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information