Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Preview and Perspective: Carl Froch - Lucian Bute

http://www.saddoboxing.com/18982-car...tml#more-18982

I cant wait for the fight now, its going to be a war!! I really hope Froch can do it, it wont be easy for him though!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Preview and Perspective: Carl Froch - Lucian Bute

Well written and well done.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers, Master. It really will be a case of who wants it most tomorrow night i think, no doubt Bute has the tools to beat Froch but coming to Nottingham is going to be a full challenge for him, may the best fighter win on the night IMO, I hope the judges will be sound too.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the way people are rating bute may well turn out to be justified

i personally think the fact that he is going into this fight as favourite shows just how inflated people judge his credentials

The company froch has mixed in in the last 3 or so years and only really been on the receiving end once (yeah yeah he lost to kessler but it was very tight), bute is coming off a win against brian magee in 8 or 9 rounds or whatever it was, imagine if froch fought magee now, 4 or 5 do you reckon? and bute is fighting in nottingham

IMO froch should be a huge favourite
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

i personally think the fact that he is going into this fight as favourite shows just how inflated people judge his credentials

The company froch has mixed in in the last 3 or so years and only really been on the receiving end once (yeah yeah he lost to kessler but it was very tight), bute is coming off a win against brian magee in 8 or 9 rounds or whatever it was, imagine if froch fought magee now, 4 or 5 do you reckon? and bute is fighting in nottingham

Yes he should be. I have no doubt what's so ever that if this fight goes 12 Froch is winning.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Erics,

In terms of competition, there is no one that has been in better than Froch. Froch said it best himself, the question mark in this fight is Bute. Will he shine against the best fighter he's ever shared the ring with the same way he has against lesser foes?

It's a tough question to be sure. I wouldn't make too much about the competition level because other than Pascal/Taylor, Froch has arguably lost every time he stepped up. Dirrell lost their fight, as much as Froch won, and it was close regardless, Kessler was a close loss, but a loss, and against Ward, it wasn't close. Would Bute have come out of that gauntlet unscathed? Probably not, but Froch didn't either. Froch took a lot of experience from those fights that he could apply in this one, but he probably took some wear and tear, as well.

My thoughts are that Bute almost pitched a shut out against Glen Johnson and beat Sakio Bika with relative ease. I consider both of those guys to be top level competition. Not the very top, like Froch etc., but good competition. Bute did very well against them. I would argue that the indications are that Bute's talent level is appropriately rated.

The odds in this fight are tight. Bute is only a slight favorite. The experts polled by Ring Magazine picked Bute 12-10 and there were 7 split decisions, no knockouts.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Erics,

In terms of competition, there is no one that has been in better than Froch. Froch said it best himself, the question mark in this fight is Bute. Will he shine against the best fighter he's ever shared the ring with the same way he has against lesser foes?

It's a tough question to be sure. I wouldn't make too much about the competition level because other than Pascal/Taylor, Froch has arguably lost every time he stepped up. Dirrell lost their fight, as much as Froch won, and it was close regardless, Kessler was a close loss, but a loss, and against Ward, it wasn't close. Would Bute have come out of that gauntlet unscathed? Probably not, but Froch didn't either. Froch took a lot of experience from those fights that he could apply in this one, but he probably took some wear and tear, as well.

My thoughts are that Bute almost pitched a shut out against Glen Johnson and beat Sakio Bika with relative ease. I consider both of those guys to be top level competition. Not the very top, like Froch etc., but good competition. Bute did very well against them. I would argue that the indications are that Bute's talent level is appropriately rated.

The odds in this fight are tight. Bute is only a slight favorite. The experts polled by Ring Magazine picked Bute 12-10 and there were 7 split decisions, no knockouts.
    overall fair appart from this comment is pretty unfair

froch stepped up 7 or 8 fights ago and (appart from johnson) hasnt stepped back

he lost a fight in denmark against the biggest named sportsman ever to come out of denmark, the fight was close, ive watched it 4 times and i dont see how kessler got the decision, but ill accept it

dirrell deserved to lose their fight yes, and froch didnt do much to win yes, but that was no fault of froch

in all his top level fights he has lost 1 convincingly

and although VD is trying to point the finger in his post above its a very good point, look at the super 6, how many fights were won away from home

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and p.s. apart from the johnson fight, for froches last 6 or so fights the ring mag experts have voted 10 nil (ish) against him

just about everyone said AA would knock him out, AA was a massive overwhelming favourite

froch was 4th or 5th favourite for the super6

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Current odds on Betfair-

Froch- 2.91
    Bute- 1.61

According to the bookmakers, Bute is the overwhelming favourite. I think it is going to be very close, I can't really pick them because of my bias towards Froch.

Froch is a great example to all fighters out there on how to mix with the best. He genuinely fears no one.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and p.s. apart from the johnson fight, for froches last 6 or so fights the ring mag experts have voted 10 nil (ish) against him

just about everyone said AA would knock him out, AA was a massive overwhelming favourite

100% correct. He's always the underdog and has proved people wrong many times. He may do so tonight. He was down on the cards against Taylor, and Taylor hurt him, although I thought you could see in around round 9, that he started to turn it up. Dirrell stunk the joint out against him, but also wobbled him once or twice during the fight. Ward beat him fair and square. The Kessler fight was close. Bottom line, out of all the top guys he's faced, he's only won decisively against Jean Pascal and Jermain Taylor.

Wouldn't you favor Bute over Abraham and Taylor, even against Kessler, and unsure about against Dirrell and Ward?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

battered him

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

unbelievable

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

great result!!!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

100% correct. He's always the underdog and has proved people wrong many times. He may do so tonight. He was down on the cards against Taylor, and Taylor hurt him, although I thought you could see in around round 9, that he started to turn it up. Dirrell stunk the joint out against him, but also wobbled him once or twice during the fight. Ward beat him fair and square. The Kessler fight was close. Bottom line, out of all the top guys he's faced, he's only won decisively against Jean Pascal and Jermain Taylor.

Wouldn't you favor Bute over Abraham and Taylor, even against Kessler, and unsure about against Dirrell and Ward?
    honestly, before last night (and depending on where the fight was) i would have favoured him over AA and perhaps the taylor of today but none of the others and not the taylor who froch beat

now im not even sure about any of them

Thread Information