Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When you got it wrong

In the past I have been critical of Frankie Gavin, I hold my hands up I got it wrong his last 2 fight's he has been excellent. He has shown what a good fighter he is what a turn around, his life seem's to be on the right track. Good luck to him upwards and onwards.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When you got it wrong

I didn't think much of Timothy Bradley as a prospect back when he got a gift decision against Jaime Rangel on showbox years ago. He turned it around and seemed to rededicate himself after that showing. He's at the top now.

My opinion of Miguel Cotto lessened after he greatly struggled with Demarcus Corley and was awarded an early stoppage in Puerto Rico, but I'm glad he went on to be every bit as good as people said he would be.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought that Buster drayton would beat julian Jackson

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is Gavin did look terrible at the beginning of his career,I could not believe how bad he was boxing
    the guy was a outstanding Amature World Champion.
    It seem's he's back living at home and with his old amateur trainer, and he's stopped his last 2 opponents so it looks like he's got it right.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 05-27-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Audley was the new Lennox Lewis, then Haye but now I know it will be Tyson Fury.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I thought Audley was the new Lennox Lewis, then Haye but now I know it will be Tyson Fury.
    The thing is we can all get it wrong, and I don't mind being proven wrong I have and will be in the future also.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought te Tyson that fought Lewis had a chance because of his power....wrong but prime vs prime i dont think Lewis goes 3 rounds...speed and power would destroy Lewis who even in that Tyson fight was safety first....imagine vs a 87-88 Tyson...safety first would end in an early KO
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price is the new Lennox Lewis. Which is exactly why Fury has bottled it. Should they eventually meet I would be surprised if Fury got through the first round. I could be wrong though. I thought Hatton would stop Pacquiao, despite being knocked out by Mayweather. Sometimes I let my heart rule my head and when you mix that with betting it is a recipe for disaster. Luckily I am so stingy it's usually no more than a fiver:-)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm never wrong, Bando, you know this!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Price is the new Lennox Lewis. Which is exactly why Fury has bottled it. Should they eventually meet I would be surprised if Fury got through the first round. I could be wrong though. I thought Hatton would stop Pacquiao, despite being knocked out by Mayweather. Sometimes I let my heart rule my head and when you mix that with betting it is a recipe for disaster. Luckily I am so stingy it's usually no more than a fiver:-)

I don't think David Price is anywhere near that good. I've just watched his last fight against Sexton, who is all but a crap fighter, and for his size Price doesn't impress me whatsoever. He keeps his left at his waist without really moving his upper body, paws with the jab, moves straight back with his hands down and doesn't have anywhere near the power or speed that Lennox did. He had better hope his chin is a lot better if he wants to beat anyone at all imo. The guy is also already 28 or whatever he is, I'm not sure why he got such a late start to the pro's but he won't fill out any more as Lewis had by that age. I won't say he wouldn't beat Tyson Fury but all signs point to a competitive fight at the least imo. David Haye could well flatten him, unless he really has a great beard. He is SO open for a hail mary right hand it is hard to watch him.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

I don't think David Price is anywhere near that good. I've just watched his last fight against Sexton, who is all but a crap fighter, and for his size Price doesn't impress me whatsoever. He keeps his left at his waist without really moving his upper body, paws with the jab, moves straight back with his hands down and doesn't have anywhere near the power or speed that Lennox did. He had better hope his chin is a lot better if he wants to beat anyone at all imo. The guy is also already 28 or whatever he is, I'm not sure why he got such a late start to the pro's but he won't fill out any more as Lewis had by that age. I won't say he wouldn't beat Tyson Fury but all signs point to a competitive fight at the least imo. David Haye could well flatten him, unless he really has a great beard. He is SO open for a hail mary right hand it is hard to watch him.
    Not only as he already easily got the power of Lewis, if not more. He has a great uppercut. Can throw a mean hook and works well to the body. His jab is anything but pawing and for his size his speed is very good. He was a great amateur and Olympic boxer and has made rapid progress as a Pro. He has stopped virtually everyone he has fought so far in very impressive fashion. It will have to be some overhand right to even reach him and I think you are not giving him credit for his boxing skills which include a decent defensive game. You are just being a bah humbug:-)

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't no with Price that chin, as for Fury in his last fight I was not impressed to me he needs to have
    a better trainer. As for Haye less talking more fighting please.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    I'm never wrong, Bando, you know this!
    Come on what have you got to say now, I wait with baited breath.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think too much is made if Price's chin. In the heavyweight division a decent connection and even someone with above average resistance is going to get wobbled. When Price was hit flush in the Olympics he was not sparked out, he did not lose conciousness, and he has withstood a couple big shots already as a pro that would have decked him were his chin glass. Also if his promoter is already beginning to compare him to Lewis then there must be some similarities, after all he would know.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not only as he already easily got the power of Lewis, if not more. He has a great uppercut. Can throw a mean hook and works well to the body. His jab is anything but pawing and for his size his speed is very good. He was a great amateur and Olympic boxer and has made rapid progress as a Pro. He has stopped virtually everyone he has fought so far in very impressive fashion. It will have to be some overhand right to even reach him and I think you are not giving him credit for his boxing skills which include a decent defensive game. You are just being a bah humbug:-)
    Easily got the power of Lennox? Lewis would've squashed Sexton like a bug, I can't really buy that. I'm not being a humbug, and obviously the guy has some tools for his size. He definetly does have a nice array of punches, but the form he throws them with seemed to vary and he was quite sloppy in spots. I recognize that he has skills, his jab is good when he uses it properly but he certainly did paw with it a lot against Sexton. More than a few times he would reach with it right before he would get in close only to do very little and then back straight up, all the while keeping his guard down. I guess it's hard to know whether that was merely him being reckless since Sexton sucks, we shall see.
    Last edited by p4pking; 05-30-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Thread Information