Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch

I'm from Nottingham and Carl's success has given us a great deal to cheer about but am I really in the minority in thining he still looks down right wierd? He leaps with what seems to be slow, albeit stiff, ridiculously telegraphed punches. It somtimes makes me wonder what he would be like if he threw a punch 'technically'.
    I just thought all in all he was the same old Carl tonight... He gets the job done but I still dont quite get how.

This isnt to take anything away from him... I just dont know why people dont seem to be able to game plan for the way he fights... He's awkward but he doesnt really seem to change his approach much.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch

The best way to fight a thinker is to make him overthink. Now that might be a slight oversimplification but sometimes trainers and fighters complicate what they must do to the point that they'll paralyze their own plans and actions.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LukeH View Post
    I'm from Nottingham and Carl's success has given us a great deal to cheer about but am I really in the minority in thining he still looks down right wierd? He leaps with what seems to be slow, albeit stiff, ridiculously telegraphed punches. It somtimes makes me wonder what he would be like if he threw a punch 'technically'.
    I just thought all in all he was the same old Carl tonight... He gets the job done but I still dont quite get how.

This isnt to take anything away from him... I just dont know why people dont seem to be able to game plan for the way he fights... He's awkward but he doesnt really seem to change his approach much.
    The first time I saw froch i wasn't too impressed. tonight he did some pretty smooth things, though he makes them look awkward. If you watch some of the old time fighters that are considered real good, they sometimes have that same effect. It looks bad but it works; they do the same thing in the same way and make it work for them. I don't know how 'good' froch is, but he is a lot smarter than i gave him credit for being.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    The best way to fight a thinker is to make him overthink. Now that might be a slight oversimplification but sometimes trainers and fighters complicate what they must do to the point that they'll paralyze their own plans and actions.

I agree with that actually, Froch is so crude in his approach that it seems to leave his opponents bewildered half the time. Of course you need to be tough as nails with real power and stamina to pull it off, but it's still amazing how he is so effective with such form. I still don't know what to think about Bute after tonight, I suspect he is a kill or be killed kind of fighter at the end of the day.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he is faster than he looks, everyone was saying bute was the best SMW in the world (amongst other reasons) coz of his speed

froch beat him to the jab everytime last night

and froch does lunge in but it was more apparent last night because butes punches were having little effect so he could
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Froch looked superb. Ungainly at times, but superb in taking his man out.

Froch has balls and will respond hard if you hit him and we saw that in spades today. Bute shelled up and had no idea what to do.

This Froch would do much better against Kessler and Ward. He could have done much more against Ward who I don't think can take a great punch and a sustained follow up.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First thing's first well done Carl Froch, in this fight he gave Bute no chance to get into fight he started
    a lot faster than normal.It may have been crude but very effective, coming into the ring Bute did not seem that happy he looked a bit on edge.My hat go's off to Bute for coming over to GB for this fight
    and after they way he performed I don't think he will fancy a rematch in Canada, because the outcome
    will be very much the same.
    Froch should fight at home now he is promoted a lot better,he's been on the road let them come to him
    home advantage he deserves it, and why not.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's awkward but he doesnt really seem to change his approach much.
    Neither did Rocky.

Thread Information