Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what now for bute?

he was fighting in front of 16 thousand canadians for 8 or 10 fights as an elite fighter, can he still do this? what does he need to do to be considered a top smw again?

was he overrated?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what now for bute?

He beat decent opposition, but past it opposition and avoided the Super 6. Froch showed that Bute cannot take a shot and that should stay home and fight the likes of Allan Green. I don't think Bute has what it takes and this fight will have destroyed his confidence.

He's nuts if he chooses to waste all our time with a Froch rematch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who knows may just be a case of froch having his number because granted bute didn't fight top top level opposition he has beaten some decent names in good fashion, that's what make this result so surprising. Froch just absolutely dominated, honestly don't know where bute goes from here....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who knows may just be a case of froch having his number because granted bute didn't fight top top level opposition he has beaten some decent names in good fashion, that's what make this result so surprising. Froch just absolutely dominated, honestly don't know where bute goes from here....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute vs Magee 2
    Or Robert stieglitz in Canada

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a good fighter but his chin is not World class is it, and if you let the guy get into his slick boxing your
    in trouble. I can't see him being in hurry for a rematch with Froch, as he would not want to be Ko in front of his home town fan's. Some fighters come back from a loss but other don't Bute will have to take stock
    and think were to go.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt be too quick to right off Bute. This wasnt about how good Bute was/is. Froch looked like he would walk through walls last night and there was nothing Bute could do about it.

I hope it wasnt a Jeff lacy type loss (although the comparisons are there) and that Bute can come back. The guys got skills, problem for Bute last night is that Carl Froch didnt care about skills, he was steamrollering Bute, what Bute did or wanted to do in reply was a mute point.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

I think fighters that have talent as slick boxers are able to rebound better than more one sided fighters. Bute will need to work on his defense, but it will be a while before he really gets back in with a top contender.

I want Bute to fight the following: Pavlik, Abraham, Dirrell.

Froch should go after Ward again.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I think fighters that have talent as slick boxers are able to rebound better than more one sided fighters. Bute will need to work on his defense, but it will be a while before he really gets back in with a top contender.

I want Bute to fight the following: Pavlik, Abraham, Dirrell.

Froch should go after Ward again.
    Froch want's to forget about Ward, he would get beat again as I feel Ward has his number.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I wouldnt be too quick to right off Bute. This wasnt about how good Bute was/is. Froch looked like he would walk through walls last night and there was nothing Bute could do about it.

I hope it wasnt a Jeff lacy type loss (although the comparisons are there) and that Bute can come back. The guys got skills, problem for Bute last night is that Carl Froch didnt care about skills, he was steamrollering Bute, what Bute did or wanted to do in reply was a mute point.
    Totally on the ball.

Froch looked like he meant business tonight. No messing around being faux slick. Bute hit him and Froch responded with fury. He hasn't fought with that intensity for a long time. It was there in spurts against Kessler, a bit at the end of Ward. But this time from the off and ripping apart a champion many people had time for. It was brutal.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute's Trainer Discusses The Froch Loss, Rematch, More - Boxing News

I dont think Bute would want anymore of Froch. I was surprised that Bute couldnt handle the pressure, I thought he would have boxed a lot more but he just couldnt get into a flow at all. I was surprised how quick Froch was to start the fight and thats why he won. I wish he could have started like that against Ward and the fight would have been different. I think if Froch can beat Kessler then one day he could have one more go at Ward. We will see though.

I dont know where Bute goes from this, this really would have taken away his confidence. I hope he can bounce back, that would be a tough one though to bounce back from. He got punished.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Bute's Trainer Discusses The Froch Loss, Rematch, More - Boxing News

I dont think Bute would want anymore of Froch. I was surprised that Bute couldnt handle the pressure, I thought he would have boxed a lot more but he just couldnt get into a flow at all. I was surprised how quick Froch was to start the fight and thats why he won. I wish he could have started like that against Ward and the fight would have been different. I think if Froch can beat Kessler then one day he could have one more go at Ward. We will see though.

I dont know where Bute goes from this, this really would have taken away his confidence. I hope he can bounce back, that would be a tough one though to bounce back from. He got punished.
    I agree , Bute just didnt do anything in the fight, i was expecting a lot more from him, but soon as Froch landed flush Bute was in trouble and looking to hold.Froch fought the perfect fightin taking it to Bute from the of and he could not take the pressure put on him. This was a great chance for Bute to move up to REAL world class, but fell way short against the first real danger he has faced in his career. Im not sure how badly this defeat will affect him mentally, because he was totally destroyed in there, maybe a fight with a plodding Abraham would be his next choice of opponent, because i cant see him taking the rematch with Froch, even in Montreal.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He beat decent opposition, but past it opposition and avoided the Super 6. Froch showed that Bute cannot take a shot and that should stay home and fight the likes of Allan Green. I don't think Bute has what it takes and this fight will have destroyed his confidence.

He never avoided the S6 and I wish people would quit saying he did. He was not even asked and was in effect froze out. Instead the powers at be invited Taylor and Abraham who had no business being there.

The speed in which people are written off today is hilarious. Of course he is still a top 168 pounder. He simply got beat. And rest assured he will demand a rematch. Froch looked great last night and executed his game plan perfectly with a willing opponent allowing him to do so.Bute right off the get go decided to try to out slug the slugger. He was so worried about his feet that he ended up punching off the front of them. Bute will regroup just as any elite after a loss.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didnt simply got beat . He was destroyed.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

He never avoided the S6 and I wish people would quit saying he did. He was not even asked and was in effect froze out. Instead the powers at be invited Taylor and Abraham who had no business being there.

The speed in which people are written off today is hilarious. Of course he is still a top 168 pounder. He simply got beat. And rest assured he will demand a rematch. Froch looked great last night and executed his game plan perfectly with a willing opponent allowing him to do so.Bute right off the get go decided to try to out slug the slugger. He was so worried about his feet that he ended up punching off the front of them. Bute will regroup just as any elite after a loss.

He got his arse kicked on stepping up. Questions all answered.

Thread Information