Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what now for bute?

he was fighting in front of 16 thousand canadians for 8 or 10 fights as an elite fighter, can he still do this? what does he need to do to be considered a top smw again?

was he overrated?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what now for bute?

He beat decent opposition, but past it opposition and avoided the Super 6. Froch showed that Bute cannot take a shot and that should stay home and fight the likes of Allan Green. I don't think Bute has what it takes and this fight will have destroyed his confidence.

He's nuts if he chooses to waste all our time with a Froch rematch.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He beat decent opposition, but past it opposition and avoided the Super 6. Froch showed that Bute cannot take a shot and that should stay home and fight the likes of Allan Green. I don't think Bute has what it takes and this fight will have destroyed his confidence.

He never avoided the S6 and I wish people would quit saying he did. He was not even asked and was in effect froze out. Instead the powers at be invited Taylor and Abraham who had no business being there.

The speed in which people are written off today is hilarious. Of course he is still a top 168 pounder. He simply got beat. And rest assured he will demand a rematch. Froch looked great last night and executed his game plan perfectly with a willing opponent allowing him to do so.Bute right off the get go decided to try to out slug the slugger. He was so worried about his feet that he ended up punching off the front of them. Bute will regroup just as any elite after a loss.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didnt simply got beat . He was destroyed.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

He never avoided the S6 and I wish people would quit saying he did. He was not even asked and was in effect froze out. Instead the powers at be invited Taylor and Abraham who had no business being there.

The speed in which people are written off today is hilarious. Of course he is still a top 168 pounder. He simply got beat. And rest assured he will demand a rematch. Froch looked great last night and executed his game plan perfectly with a willing opponent allowing him to do so.Bute right off the get go decided to try to out slug the slugger. He was so worried about his feet that he ended up punching off the front of them. Bute will regroup just as any elite after a loss.

He got his arse kicked on stepping up. Questions all answered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute should take on Kessler 1st before a rematch with Froch.

If Kessler kayoes him then take Allan Green to rebuild and try on Abraham.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did abraham hav no buisness in the s6, he had the simlar amount of wins as bute as was also unbeate
    When did Abraham ever fight at 168 prior to the tourney? A tourney designed supposedly for the best super mids in the world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham was top dog in a weight very slightly below 168, he was happy to step up to the weight, i think he deserved his place in the s6, ok id maybe of put bute in First but didnt he have andrade lined up and was commited to fight him?
    How did abraham hav no buisness in the s6, he had the simlar amount of wins as bute as was also unbeate
    When did Abraham ever fight at 168 prior to the tourney? A tourney designed supposedly for the best super mids in the world?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dread to think what Ward would have done to Bute.
    he's done as an "elite" fighter because honestly he isn't one.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    While ward wins that I don't think it would have been a beatdown the way this was, completely different fight...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

ward would have won an ugly decision

ward could fight my gran and only come away with an ugly decision
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: what now for bute?

I no he is one of your own,Bute is not finished but it was a very damaging defeat if you are honest
    Kessler and Ward would both beat him. As for the rematch forget about it he will just get Ko again
    Froch has his number Bute can not handle pressure if you let him get into a rhythm he's hard to beat
    but Froch is to much for him the fight was a bit like the old rabbit in the headlights for Bute he froze.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

I no he is one of your own,Bute is not finished but it was a very damaging defeat if you are honest
    Kessler and Ward would both beat him. As for the rematch forget about it he will just get Ko again
    Froch has his number Bute can not handle pressure if you let him get into a rhythm he's hard to beat
    but Froch is to much for him the fight was a bit like the old rabbit in the headlights for Bute he froze.
    Well we differ. I dont do the if A beat B and B beat C then A beats C calculation. Boxing simply does not work that way. Bute was not himself and fought rather stupid and seems to be echoing what I said today in the press. At any rate Froch beating him does not mean Ward or Kessler does. All three fight nothing alike. I wish modern day boxing would turn their collective back on the notion that because someone undefeated has lost they are done. I mean imagine if Benny Leonard quit after he was knocked cold or Arguello getting stopped in about his tenth fight. A loss is not the end of the world as most all time greats will attest to. Sure its tough to take as a fan of his from the moment he started as a pro. To see him lose in that type of fashion but he will be back imo and the better for it.

I agree with your take. Bute seemed lost.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute should take on Pascal.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

Well we differ. I dont do the if A beat B and B beat C then A beats C calculation. Boxing simply does not work that way. Bute was not himself and fought rather stupid and seems to be echoing what I said today in the press. At any rate Froch beating him does not mean Ward or Kessler does. All three fight nothing alike. I wish modern day boxing would turn their collective back on the notion that because someone undefeated has lost they are done. I mean imagine if Benny Leonard quit after he was knocked cold or Arguello getting stopped in about his tenth fight. A loss is not the end of the world as most all time greats will attest to. Sure its tough to take as a fan of his from the moment he started as a pro. To see him lose in that type of fashion but he will be back imo and the better for it.

I agree with your take. Bute seemed lost.
    The point's you have made are correct, Bute having lost in that manner will need to get back on track
    Kessler is a very good very hard punching fighter that straight right hand would get to Bute just like Golovkin got him same out come. Ward would bust him up fair or foul.

Thread Information