I wanted to know if its true that the elbow moves at half the pace of the knee and if its better to look at that instead of the shoulders as a focal point when accessing your peripheral vision? Do you look like half way between both elbows(right around the person's navel) so that you have both elbows in your peripheral vision? I'm basically looking for any exp you've had using this and how it compares to resting your eyes on other points.

I stumbled upon this by reading a Saddo article
Source: saddoboxing.com/andre.html (cant post links yet)

Excerpt: "Rule 1 is getting the opponents timing down, and when you're watching for the timing watch their elbows (they move at half the pace that the gloves move! I know that it is taught to always look into the opponents eyes and it is true that this works but no rule is hard fixed in fighting and if your opponent is relying on looking into your eyes to know what your relaying to him; Then what is going to happen to his training if your not looking into his eyes? How can he bluff you? You see it all works both ways and the knee moves at half the pace of the foot and the elbow at half the rate of the hand so think about it. That's all I'm going to say because it's a preference thing and in any case Peripheral or overall vision plays a huge part in both plays which ever is your final choice. It is all in your training."