Thread: Carl Froch beat an overhyped and untested Bute.. should rematch Direll

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch beat an overhyped and untested Bute.. should rematch Direll

What has Dirrell done to deserve a rematch. Froch won the first fight and Dirrell is an ugly spoiler. Just nasty to watch. Eww.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch beat an overhyped and untested Bute.. should rematch Direll

Not interested in Dirrel, would rather see a Pascal rematch.

Kessler rematch would be awesome, easy to make to. Froch wins in the UK.

I believe Froch did not look himself against Ward, a combination of Ward being very good and Froch having an off night, he says he had problems but also admits the better man on the night won. Not saying Froch would win this time but I think he could make it closer.

The guy is class and the sport will be worse off when he retires.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Pascal rematch... Now that is a GREAT shout. I wonder if Pascal would be interested?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    This forum is buzzing with Carl Froch "He's an animal" "What's next for him" and such. But honestly I still see him getting dominated by Ward and losing to Direll as I felt he did when they first fought.. So how about a rematch of that controversial fight? I'm not trying to be an asshole but I'm not really impress with the fight.. Bute was untested he had beaten an old Johnson and fought against C level competition like Bika, Miranda, Brinkley.. I mean this was his real top test and he clearly failed. That however doesnt tell me much about Froch it tells me more about how overrated Bute was. If anything this just let's us know how far above the competition Andre Ward is. Don't get me wrong Froch is a great fighter but will never be the top dog at his divison as long as the Andres are around. If anything we should be talking about Kesslers last fight..
    Well the Kessler fight against Green I would say that Green is way overrated. I saw him in Super Six, and it was clear why he was omitted in the first place.

As a Kessler fan I would like Kessler to fight the big fights and that is not Green or some frenchdude I never heard of before.

Froch vs Kessler in UK would in my book be the right match and the winner could aim to take on Ward, if they really want to. I have a hard time seeing any of them win in US and doubt that Ward dare to come to Europe
    Ward won all his fights with ease. I think he would best any of them at the moment no matter the country he is in.
    Ward is in a league of his own imo. I think Froch will beat Kessler ina rematch and the probably rematch Ward and lose again.

If only Ward was smaller (or Floyd was bigger) that would be a fight I would love to see. The 2 best P4P IMO (in terms of talent) and would be a great chess match.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Dirrell doesn't deserve shit, he comes to Nottingham to try and steal the belt and then shits out of the super 6 tournament. Fair enough the guy has talent but he's just wasted it with such a long lay off. Froch has fought and beaten most of the best fighters out there, give him a break and look what he has accomplished when not many gave him a chance.

Even ward says Froch deserves credit for what he has done and he gave ward the toughest fight of his career. So what does he need to prove really?

You put him in the ring with Dirrell again what's going to happen? Probably the same thing as last
    Time cos Dirrell will try and spoil his way to a win because that's the way he fights.

Froch needs to be cementing his legacy rematching a true fighter in Kessler and giving the boxing fans a real rematch, not a shitty Dirrell rematch who would make a negative fight.
    Is Dirrell even fighting anymore? If I were Froch, I wouldn't even bother with that whiny chump Dirrell, high risk, low reward. Carl should go for a rematch, first with Kessler and then with that holy sack of shit "SOG" Ward, both in Nottingham or Manchester.

As for Bute not being legit, that's just fucking nonsense, give Froch the credit he deserves.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The majority knew bute would win, maybe by ko...

Now some of the same are saying Bute was no good. If you picked bute to win then either give froch his dues for destroying someone you held at a higher calibre than him... Or turn 180 and say bute was actually way over rated, you held him in too high esteem and admit that you don't know shit about boxing or rating fighters.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    This forum is buzzing with Carl Froch "He's an animal" "What's next for him" and such. But honestly I still see him getting dominated by Ward and losing to Direll as I felt he did when they first fought.. So how about a rematch of that controversial fight? I'm not trying to be an asshole but I'm not really impress with the fight.. Bute was untested he had beaten an old Johnson and fought against C level competition like Bika, Miranda, Brinkley.. I mean this was his real top test and he clearly failed. That however doesnt tell me much about Froch it tells me more about how overrated Bute was. If anything this just let's us know how far above the competition Andre Ward is. Don't get me wrong Froch is a great fighter but will never be the top dog at his divison as long as the Andres are around. If anything we should be talking about Kesslers last fight..
    Well the Kessler fight against Green I would say that Green is way overrated. I saw him in Super Six, and it was clear why he was omitted in the first place.

As a Kessler fan I would like Kessler to fight the big fights and that is not Green or some frenchdude I never heard of before.

Froch vs Kessler in UK would in my book be the right match and the winner could aim to take on Ward, if they really want to. I have a hard time seeing any of them win in US and doubt that Ward dare to come to Europe
    Ward won all his fights with ease. I think he would best any of them at the moment no matter the country he is in.
    Ward is in a league of his own imo. I think Froch will beat Kessler ina rematch and the probably rematch Ward and lose again.

If only Ward was smaller (or Floyd was bigger) that would be a fight I would love to see. The 2 best P4P IMO (in terms of talent) and would be a great chess match.
    Agreed for the most part, but Ward isn't quite cut from the same cloth as Floyd is imo. He sort of fights the way Mayweather might if he wasn't quite as fast and accurate, at least to me. No doubt Ward is a very smart fighter though, he has the same kind of boxing brain and they are both completely cerebral(sp) in the ring. I think Ward and Hopkins of years back would've been a more even fight, although of course their being the same size makes it easier to say

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    The majority knew bute would win, maybe by ko...

Now some of the same are saying Bute was no good. If you picked bute to win then either give froch his dues for destroying someone you held at a higher calibre than him... Or turn 180 and say bute was actually way over rated, you held him in too high esteem and admit that you don't know shit about boxing or rating fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with this post. Froch should rematch Dirrell. I personally don't think Froch beat Dirrell. Hometown decision on that one.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody actually thinks Froch beat Dirrell, but it was a piss poor fight and Froch has done so much more since they met. At this stage a rematch does nothing for Carl, and Direll doesn't deserve it having been so inactive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Nobody actually thinks Froch beat Dirrell, but it was a piss poor fight and Froch has done so much more since they met. At this stage a rematch does nothing for Carl, and Direll doesn't deserve it having been so inactive.
    He is strangely inactive. Is he injured. The last thing I remember seeing of him was him sparring with Groves before the Degale fight. Has he had any fights since he retired from the super six.
    I still think the guy is one of the best up there with Froch and Kessler. Not counting ward as hes better than the lot. And those three could fight for the right for another chance at ward. I think Dirrells style would prepare Kessler or Froch best for another chance at Ward. But they would have to beat him first.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    He is strangely inactive. Is he injured. The last thing I remember seeing of him was him sparring with Groves before the Degale fight. Has he had any fights since he retired from the super six.
    I still think the guy is one of the best up there with Froch and Kessler. Not counting ward as hes better than the lot. And those three could fight for the right for another chance at ward. I think Dirrells style would prepare Kessler or Froch best for another chance at Ward. But they would have to beat him first.
    I think Dirrell did some things as well as anyone I've ever seen, he is undoubtedly a great talent but frustrating as hell. I believe he fought recently, but that was his first fight since the Abraham DQ and I didn't see it, don't think I'd heard of his opponent either. There was a lot made of whether he legitimately had any lasting damage from that cheap shot Abraham landed on him, but in either event it probably really hurt his standing with most fans and possibly promoters or the networks etc. If it was an acting job then it was pitiful and there was no excuse for taking such a layoff, and if it truly was a brain injury type deal then that doesn't bode well for him at all in the future. It was a blatant cheap shot but nothing that you'd expect to cause serious lasting damage unless there was already a screw loose or something, at least imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes bute was over hyped but lets be honest froch didn't even turn up to the fight did he?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Classic "Loser of the Fight was Overhyped and Untested" thread.
    Just goes to show some things here never change.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who is dirrell going to fight next?

Thread Information