Thread: Carl Froch beat an overhyped and untested Bute.. should rematch Direll

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch beat an overhyped and untested Bute.. should rematch Direll

This forum is buzzing with Carl Froch "He's an animal" "What's next for him" and such. But honestly I still see him getting dominated by Ward and losing to Direll as I felt he did when they first fought.. So how about a rematch of that controversial fight? I'm not trying to be an asshole but I'm not really impress with the fight.. Bute was untested he had beaten an old Johnson and fought against C level competition like Bika, Miranda, Brinkley.. I mean this was his real top test and he clearly failed. That however doesnt tell me much about Froch it tells me more about how overrated Bute was. If anything this just let's us know how far above the competition Andre Ward is. Don't get me wrong Froch is a great fighter but will never be the top dog at his divison as long as the Andres are around. If anything we should be talking about Kesslers last fight..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch's legacy isn't built of what he did to Bute. The Bute fight is just tasty climax to a culmination of tough fights year in year out.

Froch might not be the most decorated fighter in the division but he has sure as hell earned his stripes, so to suggest that he needs to DO anything is just nonsense.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dirrell doesn't deserve shit, he comes to Nottingham to try and steal the belt and then shits out of the super 6 tournament. Fair enough the guy has talent but he's just wasted it with such a long lay off. Froch has fought and beaten most of the best fighters out there, give him a break and look what he has accomplished when not many gave him a chance.

Even ward says Froch deserves credit for what he has done and he gave ward the toughest fight of his career. So what does he need to prove really?

You put him in the ring with Dirrell again what's going to happen? Probably the same thing as last
    Time cos Dirrell will try and spoil his way to a win because that's the way he fights.

Froch needs to be cementing his legacy rematching a true fighter in Kessler and giving the boxing fans a real rematch, not a shitty Dirrell rematch who would make a negative fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scott gilfoid is that you

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch beat an overhyped and untested Bute.. should rematch Direll

I actually more or less agree with Tam here. I thought there was no real way to score the first fight for Froch, but Dirrell's tactics were almost deplorable to me and if he'd rather win that way than box I don't care to see it again. I can't say it wouldn't interest me a bit, as I feel both men are much more capable than they showed that night, but chances are it would be another total stinker.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch beat an overhyped and untested Bute.. should rematch Direll

Dirrell is shit, and no one was saying Bute was overhyped before
    he got battered by Froch.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch should never fight Dirrell again ever.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    Dirrell is shit, and no one was saying Bute was overhyped before
    he got battered by Froch.
    Actually a few people on the forum were sayin he's overhyped/overrated/unproven, I certainly wasn't one of them and never envisioned froch to crush him the way he did.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Froch should never fight Dirrell again ever.
    Please never.

Why would you want to watch that shit again? Like watching Haye vs Valuev 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we can say froch is just the man. He's proved he can box as good as the best boxers and that he is a super middle weight version of PAC man. Please quote this!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    I think we can say froch is just the man. He's proved he can box as good as the best boxers and that he is a super middle weight version of PAC man. Please quote this!!
    I guess that makes Andre Ward Mayweather? ... See this is exactly why I posted this thread because people are making it seem like this guy is now the king of the division when in fact I'd say they are atleast 3 other fighters better than him in HIS division

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please... Saying Froch needs to fight Dire-ll is like saying Amir Khan needs to fight prescott again.

Why does he deserve a shot, its been years and he's fallen off the map.

Direll has a lot of talent, but the way he carried himself during the super six leaves a lot to be desired and Froch has far and away surpassed anything Direll has ever done.

The lay off hurt him.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 05-28-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    This forum is buzzing with Carl Froch "He's an animal" "What's next for him" and such. But honestly I still see him getting dominated by Ward and losing to Direll as I felt he did when they first fought.. So how about a rematch of that controversial fight? I'm not trying to be an asshole but I'm not really impress with the fight.. Bute was untested he had beaten an old Johnson and fought against C level competition like Bika, Miranda, Brinkley.. I mean this was his real top test and he clearly failed. That however doesnt tell me much about Froch it tells me more about how overrated Bute was. If anything this just let's us know how far above the competition Andre Ward is. Don't get me wrong Froch is a great fighter but will never be the top dog at his divison as long as the Andres are around. If anything we should be talking about Kesslers last fight..
    Well the Kessler fight against Green I would say that Green is way overrated. I saw him in Super Six, and it was clear why he was omitted in the first place.

As a Kessler fan I would like Kessler to fight the big fights and that is not Green or some frenchdude I never heard of before.

Froch vs Kessler in UK would in my book be the right match and the winner could aim to take on Ward, if they really want to. I have a hard time seeing any of them win in US and doubt that Ward dare to come to Europe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kind of agree with you in the area of who beat who. Im not sure if Froch beat Dirrell but it was a very close fight. Heres how I see it.
    Froch, Kessler and Dirrell are all second place in the devision. Any of those fighting each other is a challenging fight and could not say who would win.
    As far as ward goes I do see him as the Mayweather of the devisioin. I would first and foremost like to see him fight Dawson. One weight away from each other and they are the best in there own devisions.
    If I wanted a fight for Froch to prepare for Ward I would chose Dirrell. If he cant beat Dirrell well he cant beat Ward.
    If I wanted to see an exciting fight then it would have to be Froch Kessler which would be my personal pick. Best fight of the super six tounament and they are both real warriors.
    But I definately see Dirrell as the fight froch needs before he has a chance against Ward. Ward had an easy victory in the last fight and Froch needs to improve and makes sure he starts early so that he doesnt get slowed down with punches like last time. It would still be a very big ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhale View Post
    Well the Kessler fight against Green I would say that Green is way overrated. I saw him in Super Six, and it was clear why he was omitted in the first place.

As a Kessler fan I would like Kessler to fight the big fights and that is not Green or some frenchdude I never heard of before.

Froch vs Kessler in UK would in my book be the right match and the winner could aim to take on Ward, if they really want to. I have a hard time seeing any of them win in US and doubt that Ward dare to come to Europe
    Ward won all his fights with ease. I think he would best any of them at the moment no matter the country he is in.

Thread Information