Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's Going To Replace Paul Williams for Saul Alvarez?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's Going To Replace Paul Williams for Saul Alvarez?

Kirkland is a fun guy to watch in the ring and his fight with Angulo was a scrap. I wonder if he is being moved too quickly into this fight in order to secure a big pay day after suffering a shoulder/back injury in the Molina fight. A healthy Kirkland would be dangerous to Saul at least for a few rounds. I'm not mad at Saul for choosing Kirkland right now. It's a good fight for his development. The ultimate aim is to face Cotto, which is a huge fight. GB needs to be honest with Lara: he won't be facing Canelo any time soon. It ain't happening. Frankly, I'm not even too upset about it. Canelo clearly is still refining his craft. If he needs more time before he understands how to approach movers, so be it to an extent. I don't understand why he wouldn't ask for Vanes as a mandatory because he seems to be less dangerous than Kirkland. Am I wrong?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Kirkland is a fun guy to watch in the ring and his fight with Angulo was a scrap. I wonder if he is being moved too quickly into this fight in order to secure a big pay day after suffering a shoulder/back injury in the Molina fight. A healthy Kirkland would be dangerous to Saul at least for a few rounds. I'm not mad at Saul for choosing Kirkland right now. It's a good fight for his development. The ultimate aim is to face Cotto, which is a huge fight. GB needs to be honest with Lara: he won't be facing Canelo any time soon. It ain't happening. Frankly, I'm not even too upset about it. Canelo clearly is still refining his craft. If he needs more time before he understands how to approach movers, so be it to an extent. I don't understand why he wouldn't ask for Vanes as a mandatory because he seems to be less dangerous than Kirkland. Am I wrong?
    I haven't actually seen Vanes since he fought Ouma, in which he looked anything but dangerous, but I don't feel Kirkland has any real shot against Alvarez either. I doubt many fighters save a few really get to ask for anyone in a situation like this. Kirkland is fun to watch and has been on HBO recently thus is a bigger draw, he'll come out guns blazing and make it exciting for a while at least. It's a very logical choice for Canelo from any angle imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirklands pulled out cos hes injured. He was never NOT injured imo, was just wishful thinking taking the shot. Like I said earlier in the thread, the winner of Trout-Rodriguez is gona be the next opponent imo.

Lara would be great but you would think too high on the risk/reward for Alvarez.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    Kirklands pulled out cos hes injured. He was never NOT injured imo, was just wishful thinking taking the shot. Like I said earlier in the thread, the winner of Trout-Rodriguez is gona be the next opponent imo.

Lara would be great but you would think too high on the risk/reward for Alvarez.
    After that sleeper win over Rodriguez I'm not sure Trout will get the opportunity.

I say give Gabriel Rosado a shot after that exciting TKO of Powell.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information