2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm picking Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    He doesn't lack for confidence that's for sure
    I wonder if he will still have it once he feels Pac's first punch.

Once Pac feels that Tim's punches are soft he will be more aggressive to get his KO/TKO.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How hard does a boxer need to punch to get his opponents respect? Does it need to be KO power punches, clean punches, flurries, effective counter punches or something from hell like Ernie Shavers punches?

I think that a 'soft puncher' isn't really soft at all, it stings and its not something you wanna keep getting hit with but its not something to knock the wind out of you.

I think Pac. will respect Tim's power to a point, same way he respected marquez's.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    How hard does a boxer need to punch to get his opponents respect? Does it need to be KO power punches, clean punches, flurries, effective counter punches or something from hell like Ernie Shavers punches?

I think that a 'soft puncher' isn't really soft at all, it stings and its not something you wanna keep getting hit with but its not something to knock the wind out of you.

I think Pac. will respect Tim's power to a point, same way he respected marquez's.
    No way to make that comparison imo, Marquez hurt Pacquiao mostly by keeping distance and timing him on the way inside. Bradley isn't a counter puncher, I think his lack of power definetly will be telling in this fight. He doesn't have the skillset to force Manny to lead while having his own success, so he'll need to get in close and work hard if he wants to win rounds and in doing so will invite Manny to exchange with him. It's smart matchmaking for Manny and I see Bradley getting TKO'ed unless Manny is really losing strides, in which case it will be a lopsided decision. I give Bradley literally no chance to win

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect Bradley to have a 'bad night' like Clottey.. so I'm picking Pacquiao.

But even so, after watching Bradley against a high Casamayor I wouldn't pick him against Pacquiao.
    Last edited by Majesty; 06-04-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Bradley can't punch for shit. Pac will put him in a situation where he doesn't know what to do.
    Im with you. Hope we are wrong and its at least interesting.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Not at all. I've watched Bradleys last 3 fights this week and and don't see any way in hell he can beat Pacquiao, I think he was a very wise choice of opponent considering the chance people seem to be giving him.
    After Pacquiao wins all the Pac haters will be saying Bradley was a handpicked chump.

I'm not 100% sure that Pac's going to win, as Bradley to me is a very credible opponent and seems totally pumped up for the fight. Another thing that worries me is Bradley's penchant for leading with the head. This might cause Manny some problems.

But your point is right on. This is one of the more predictable things in this forum. Haters will never give credit when credit is due. They'd rather tear down the opponent, who a day earlier they were predicting would win. You can basically bet your house on this type of shit happening.
    Yep, like after Froch stopped Bute, all of a sudden Bute wasn't really any good, and fought only 'B' class opponents. They say simular shit about Pacquiao's opponents, Oscar was weight drained, Hatton had already be beaten by Floyd, Cotto was damaged goods, Margarito was shot, Mosley was ancient, Marquez won all 3 fights but was robbed. It'll be more of the same old shit when Pac hands Bradley his ass.
    Don't worry if Pacquiao wins, it will be that most likely the excuse that will be used is Bradley was a bum who knows maybe someone will say he was shot too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Mars_ax;1075492][QUOTE=TitoFan;1075457]

Yep, like after Froch stopped Bute, all of a sudden Bute wasn't really any good, and fought only 'B' class opponents. They say simular shit about Pacquiao's opponents, Oscar was weight drained, Hatton had already be beaten by Floyd, Cotto was damaged goods, Margarito was shot, Mosley was ancient, Marquez won all 3 fights but was robbed. It'll be more of the same old shit when Pac hands Bradley his ass.
    Not the same as Froch Bute really. Because 'Bute was a bum that only beat B level fighters' is more discrediting the fighter's resume and credentials before stepping into the ring. Not really the case wiht the Pacquiao things. Because all the things have to do with the condition of his opponents or where they were in their career. And are all true and can be backed up. I'll just do a rundown of all that 'hate' for you

Oscar was weight drained: This is true, Oscar also looked like a shell of himself at the weight class prior when he struggled against Steve Forbes it was obvious that if he looked so terrible trying to lose weight to 150 at 147 he was going to be beyond done. Oscar was already on his way out by the Forbes fight, losing even more weight to fight Pacquiao was just academic at that point, and that's just how it is.

Hatton had already been beaten by Floyd: I really don't hear this one as much as I hear that Hatton went past whatever strategy that his t rainer had given him and was content to slug with Pacquiao from the get go. This was a big mistake. I don't hear Pacquiao getting as much credit taken away for this win as much as I hear that Hatton didn't do himself any favors by ignoring any type of gameplan and just trying to go balls out. Though you could also site him getting hurt against Lazcano as proof his punch resistance was gone.

Cotto was damaged goods(weight drained): Again, I hear that one, but not as much as I hear that Cotto was underprepared and drained physically. And given the way he struggled with Clottey prior there really isn't much evidence to prove otherwise. Especially if you look at how well he's fought at 154 since. To say that before the Pacquiao fight his body was drained and he was underprepared for it given all of the personal in house issues he was dealing with, again this is a very good based point and not just "hate".

Margarito was shot: After what Mosley did to him and how he looked like in the fights following, it was very apparent that Margarito wasn't the same fighter anymore, and anyone that felt he had a chance in that fight was fooled by the way the fight was hyped. It's not out of the question to say that for all intents and purposes Margarito was done after Mosley demolished him. This isn't just an opinion, looking at how Margarito looked after the beatdown + the suspension would you really try to make an argument that Margarito wasn't shot or done by the time he fought Pacquiao?

Mosley was ancient: Again, after watching Mosley draw with Sergio Mora, would you try to make an argument he wasn't by the time he fought Pacquiao? His injury didn't help matters either, and that was proven as well. See the thing is you're trying to take arguments with 'strong bases' and trying to pass them off as hate. The two aren't the same.

Marquez won all 3 fights but was robbed: First fight is a toss up, many people believe Marquez won the second fight, and a LOT of people felt Marquez won the third, despite being 'done and in a weight class that Floyd toyed with him at'. People that say Marquez won the third fight also have strong basis for their arguments, and it's not just "hate" it really really isn't. Most of the way people break down these fights and the advantages that Pacquiao has had, are all strongly based points and much more legitimate than the "Well this guy was a bum!" kind of an argument you are trying to pass them of as.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    yeah... I think this way every time when he makes a fight... then just see some footage of him training and I think WOW he aint getting beaten.

Its called the Pac Effect... even now with hindsight its hard to believe this little guy has beaten bigger great fighters like Oscar, Hatton, Margarito, Cotto and Mosley.
    Pac Effect

Im gonna use that term

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Majesty;1076132][QUOTE=Mars_ax;1075492]
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Not the same as Froch Bute really. Because 'Bute was a bum that only beat B level fighters' is more discrediting the fighter's resume and credentials before stepping into the ring. Not really the case wiht the Pacquiao things. Because all the things have to do with the condition of his opponents or where they were in their career. And are all true and can be backed up. I'll just do a rundown of all that 'hate' for you

Oscar was weight drained: This is true, Oscar also looked like a shell of himself at the weight class prior when he struggled against Steve Forbes it was obvious that if he looked so terrible trying to lose weight to 150 at 147 he was going to be beyond done. Oscar was already on his way out by the Forbes fight, losing even more weight to fight Pacquiao was just academic at that point, and that's just how it is.

Hatton had already been beaten by Floyd: I really don't hear this one as much as I hear that Hatton went past whatever strategy that his t rainer had given him and was content to slug with Pacquiao from the get go. This was a big mistake. I don't hear Pacquiao getting as much credit taken away for this win as much as I hear that Hatton didn't do himself any favors by ignoring any type of gameplan and just trying to go balls out. Though you could also site him getting hurt against Lazcano as proof his punch resistance was gone.

Cotto was damaged goods(weight drained): Again, I hear that one, but not as much as I hear that Cotto was underprepared and drained physically. And given the way he struggled with Clottey prior there really isn't much evidence to prove otherwise. Especially if you look at how well he's fought at 154 since. To say that before the Pacquiao fight his body was drained and he was underprepared for it given all of the personal in house issues he was dealing with, again this is a very good based point and not just "hate".

Margarito was shot: After what Mosley did to him and how he looked like in the fights following, it was very apparent that Margarito wasn't the same fighter anymore, and anyone that felt he had a chance in that fight was fooled by the way the fight was hyped. It's not out of the question to say that for all intents and purposes Margarito was done after Mosley demolished him. This isn't just an opinion, looking at how Margarito looked after the beatdown + the suspension would you really try to make an argument that Margarito wasn't shot or done by the time he fought Pacquiao?

Mosley was ancient: Again, after watching Mosley draw with Sergio Mora, would you try to make an argument he wasn't by the time he fought Pacquiao? His injury didn't help matters either, and that was proven as well. See the thing is you're trying to take arguments with 'strong bases' and trying to pass them off as hate. The two aren't the same.

Marquez won all 3 fights but was robbed: First fight is a toss up, many people believe Marquez won the second fight, and a LOT of people felt Marquez won the third, despite being 'done and in a weight class that Floyd toyed with him at'. People that say Marquez won the third fight also have strong basis for their arguments, and it's not just "hate" it really really isn't. Most of the way people break down these fights and the advantages that Pacquiao has had, are all strongly based points and much more legitimate than the "Well this guy was a bum!" kind of an argument you are trying to pass them of as.

That's exacly the Pac effect.

DLH - Yeah he was not at peak form. but 147 was his choice even before Pac had beaten Diaz.

Hatton - Hatton was superb and improved in beating Malinaggi. He just got beaten by a great fight. no shame in that

Cotto - 146 againts Clottey and 145 againts Pacquiao. Does that define the fight. Pacquio still beats Cotto even at 154. Pacquiao is faster and have the heavier hands that alter strategies

Marquez - What can i say he's good enough to win on one of the 3 judges. He clearly lost the 1st fight but the 2nd and 3rd are too close that either decision is justifiable

Margarito - a big Welterweight that outweighs Pac by 17lbs Pac cant get out bed the next day.

This is no ordinary feat. Its like picking a belted fighter like Gamboa and making him climb 4 or 5 weight divisions. How possible is that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winning is a possibility for Bradley and he is a rough customer but the fight has to be ugly for him to win. He has to get close to PAC with his style and if PAC circles him he'll pop him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is another nice picK from Pac and his team. A guy that can’t punch and who is not fighting at his weight. I hope this is another surprise like when he fought Marquez III. A fight he and his team thought it would be a walk in the park after seeing how he performed vs Mayweather. And then look what happened. A fight boxing experts, commentators, and fans knew Pac lost.

You can’t beat Pac on the cards no matter what, we know that. Pac would have to leave the ring on stretchers and maybe Tim could get the nod that way. But it is almost impossible for Tim to do that knowing how he can’t tickle Pac with those soft punches.

Pac by KO/TKO or UD.
    Last edited by Chino; 06-08-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As the fight nears, now everybody's picking Pac.

Is there anybody out there that is picking Bradley and... IF... Bradley loses, will you give credit to Pac instead of discrediting Bradley? (I should write down everybody's picks... except it would be too much work.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a few years back Pac was being criticized for not fighting Bradley, they said this was "the" other guy outside of Mayweather and Marquez that can whooped him. Now he is garbage
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    a few years back Pac was being criticized for not fighting Bradley, they said this was "the" other guy outside of Mayweather and Marquez that can whooped him. Now he is garbage
    I don't think he's garbage, but for one this fight is at 147 and not 140, and for 2 he looked like crap against a high Casamayor, and for third he has become a serial flip flopper since joining Top Rank going back on every opinion he had about boxing prior. So it was evident from the moment he signed with Top Rank and started acting completely different that he was gonna fight Pacquiao next. So I expect him to have a 'bad night' like Clottey did anyway. I think Pac will look spectacular in beating him and everyone will scream "Pacman's back!" and all this other kind of stuff. That's all this fight really is imo. An opportunity for Pacquiao to look spectacular so they can salvage the thoughts of a mayweather fight that died down after Pacquiao's performance against Marquez and so mainstream can say "Well after this performance it was obvious he was distracted when he fought Marquez I mean look what he did to Bradley!!" It's a 'saving face' fight, nothing more nothing less.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    I don't think he's garbage, but for one this fight is at 147 and not 140, and for 2 he looked like crap against a high Casamayor, and for third he has become a serial flip flopper since joining Top Rank going back on every opinion he had about boxing prior. So it was evident from the moment he signed with Top Rank and started acting completely different that he was gonna fight Pacquiao next. So I expect him to have a 'bad night' like Clottey did anyway. I think Pac will look spectacular in beating him and everyone will scream "Pacman's back!" and all this other kind of stuff. That's all this fight really is imo. An opportunity for Pacquiao to look spectacular so they can salvage the thoughts of a mayweather fight that died down after Pacquiao's performance against Marquez and so mainstream can say "Well after this performance it was obvious he was distracted when he fought Marquez I mean look what he did to Bradley!!" It's a 'saving face' fight, nothing more nothing less.

Ok fair enough... but what will you think if Bradley pulls off the upset? Not that he will... but what IF? Will it be "Bradley's better than I thought." or "Pac is crap."?

Thread Information