Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm picking Bradley

Not even sure why. I just have a feeling that he's going to cause the upset.
    Anybody else think this?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm picking Bradley

yeah... I think this way every time when he makes a fight... then just see some footage of him training and I think WOW he aint getting beaten.

Its called the Pac Effect... even now with hindsight its hard to believe this little guy has beaten bigger great fighters like Oscar, Hatton, Margarito, Cotto and Mosley.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    yeah... I think this way every time when he makes a fight... then just see some footage of him training and I think WOW he aint getting beaten.

Its called the Pac Effect... even now with hindsight its hard to believe this little guy has beaten bigger great fighters like Oscar, Hatton, Margarito, Cotto and Mosley.
    i agree with this, I picked Oscar, Hatton and cotto to beat pac and i thought margarito would put up a much better fight

i am thinking i like bradley but its probably not going to happen
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Go on then, I will pick Bradley too. It's a ritual to pick Pac's opponent. And Marquez won ya thieving cunts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post

Pac Effect

Im gonna use that term

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pac is gone to win with a tko in the 8th roud mark my words

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't lack for confidence that's for sure. He's no doubt up for this and will bring his A game. Pac will have to show the boxing world he really is p4p top 2 and put on a world class performance. Whenever he is doubted he picks up the pace however, So I'm not doubting him again because when I do, he usually puts on a beatdown.

It's a tough one to call though because Bradley is a really good fighter. But he hasn't been in with anyone on Pac's level and that's what might be the difference in the fight.

So I'm picking Pac to win the fight either late or a close but deserving decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradleys biggest threat is his head buting skillz, Manny wins this at a breeze!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not confident but definitely swaying towards Bradley.

young, hungry, fit, strong, fast, tough, skillful.

Might get DQ'd with that nut going in too much but there aint many tougher fights out there for Pac than this.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Part of me thinks he is ripe for a takeover. His head is in an alternate universe. I have a feeling that its more likely we see a technical decision or a no contest. If ever two styles melded together for multiples head butts its this one.

Not sure how anyone could have rationally picked Oscar at the time. He was a sun dried grapefruit. He had not made 147 in about 10 years weighed in 2 pounds under and only rehydrated 2 pounds. Dead man walking. Not sure either why he needed the catch weight with Cotto and not with Clottey who was the biggest welter in the division by far.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    He doesn't lack for confidence that's for sure
    I wonder if he will still have it once he feels Pac's first punch.

Once Pac feels that Tim's punches are soft he will be more aggressive to get his KO/TKO.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How hard does a boxer need to punch to get his opponents respect? Does it need to be KO power punches, clean punches, flurries, effective counter punches or something from hell like Ernie Shavers punches?

I think that a 'soft puncher' isn't really soft at all, it stings and its not something you wanna keep getting hit with but its not something to knock the wind out of you.

I think Pac. will respect Tim's power to a point, same way he respected marquez's.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    How hard does a boxer need to punch to get his opponents respect? Does it need to be KO power punches, clean punches, flurries, effective counter punches or something from hell like Ernie Shavers punches?

I think that a 'soft puncher' isn't really soft at all, it stings and its not something you wanna keep getting hit with but its not something to knock the wind out of you.

I think Pac. will respect Tim's power to a point, same way he respected marquez's.
    No way to make that comparison imo, Marquez hurt Pacquiao mostly by keeping distance and timing him on the way inside. Bradley isn't a counter puncher, I think his lack of power definetly will be telling in this fight. He doesn't have the skillset to force Manny to lead while having his own success, so he'll need to get in close and work hard if he wants to win rounds and in doing so will invite Manny to exchange with him. It's smart matchmaking for Manny and I see Bradley getting TKO'ed unless Manny is really losing strides, in which case it will be a lopsided decision. I give Bradley literally no chance to win

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect Bradley to have a 'bad night' like Clottey.. so I'm picking Pacquiao.

But even so, after watching Bradley against a high Casamayor I wouldn't pick him against Pacquiao.
    Last edited by Majesty; 06-04-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My worst nightmare is Bradley winning and is already outsized head not making it out of the ring before he starts running away from Khan again. It is a most uunlikely scenario.Thank God.

Thread Information