Thread: Pavlik running his mouth about Carl Froch

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To conclude this thread is to agree that pavlik vs Abraham should be next in a neural zone

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham is fighting Stieglitz next , that's a tough fight for him IMO.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Pavlik running his mouth about Carl Froch

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I think Arthur stops Steiglitz easily. Look who Steiglitz has been stopped by: Liberado Andrade and Alejandro Berrio. Those guys might have some pop, but they aren't the greatest of boxers.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I think Arthur stops Steiglitz easily. Look who Steiglitz has been stopped by: Liberado Andrade and Alejandro Berrio. Those guys might have some pop, but they aren't the greatest of boxers.
    I think Abraham will win but he hasn't been massively impressive at 168. He did ok in his last fight, but he doesn't seem as good as a puncher at 168 compared to what he was like at 160. We will see though, if Steiglitz can hang in there he might make it competitive.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Pavlik To Froch: Not Impressed, I'll KO You, No Chin Bute - Boxing News

This really annoys me reading this shit. Froch is a million times more of an athlete than that unprofessional alcoholic who cancels whole cards last minute because of his unprofessionalism. Get a grip Pavlik, you have done shit since being schooled by Martinez. He would get destroyed by Froch, I have no doubt about that. No way would Pavlik stop Froch, is he for real?
    In his defense, there were internet articles that Froch was considering Pavik for a tune-up fight. I can understand why Pavlik feel would feel slighted if that were the case. I actually think Froch versus Pavlik, if Pavlik is in good shape and spirit, is a good scrap.
    It is a good fight , but Froch would beat him down the stretch. His inactivity and alcohol abuse wouldnt have helped him out at all. Especially if he was fighting a strong 168 fighter like Froch. Pavlik is untested at 168 and someone as good as Froch would be too much for him I think. I think Froch would win a UD, and I think the fight would be similar to the Johnson one.
    not to stir up the pot but you know that Froch won by SD against Johnson right? he didn't win easy by any means so if you're saying that Pavlik/Froch would be similar you're saying that Pavlik very well can back up his claim
    Well it was a MD decision and I don't know how the one judge scored it a draw because I had Froch winning a competitive UD. That's how I think a Pavlik fight would go down too. Pavlik would make it competitive but would lose on the cards.
    i thought that Froch only pulled it out cause he won the championship rounds, other than that it was a damn close fight so again if a Pavlik fight be similar it would be far from Froch mopping the floor with him

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik To Froch: Not Impressed, I'll KO You, No Chin Bute - Boxing News

This really annoys me reading this shit. Froch is a million times more of an athlete than that unprofessional alcoholic who cancels whole cards last minute because of his unprofessionalism. Get a grip Pavlik, you have done shit since being schooled by Martinez. He would get destroyed by Froch, I have no doubt about that. No way would Pavlik stop Froch, is he for real?
    In his defense, there were internet articles that Froch was considering Pavik for a tune-up fight. I can understand why Pavlik feel would feel slighted if that were the case. I actually think Froch versus Pavlik, if Pavlik is in good shape and spirit, is a good scrap.
    It is a good fight , but Froch would beat him down the stretch. His inactivity and alcohol abuse wouldnt have helped him out at all. Especially if he was fighting a strong 168 fighter like Froch. Pavlik is untested at 168 and someone as good as Froch would be too much for him I think. I think Froch would win a UD, and I think the fight would be similar to the Johnson one.
    not to stir up the pot but you know that Froch won by SD against Johnson right? he didn't win easy by any means so if you're saying that Pavlik/Froch would be similar you're saying that Pavlik very well can back up his claim
    Well it was a MD decision and I don't know how the one judge scored it a draw because I had Froch winning a competitive UD. That's how I think a Pavlik fight would go down too. Pavlik would make it competitive but would lose on the cards.
    i thought that Froch only pulled it out cause he won the championship rounds, other than that it was a damn close fight so again if a Pavlik fight be similar it would be far from Froch mopping the floor with him
    One judge had him 5 rounds up and another had him 4 up I think. That's pretty much how I had it. It wasnt close, but it was competitive. That's how I think a Pavlik fight would go down.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are bad style match-ups for everyone out there. Kelly Pavlik needs to avoid athletic, slick boxers. It's his kriptonite. Froch isn't that. However, I'm not sold on Pavlik at 168. I always thought part of the reason he got to the elite level at middleweight was because he was a huge middleweight. He doesn't have that advantage at 168. I like the fight. However, Kessler-Froch II is better.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are bad style match-ups for everyone out there. Kelly Pavlik needs to avoid athletic, slick boxers. It's his kriptonite. Froch isn't that. However, I'm not sold on Pavlik at 168. I always thought part of the reason he got to the elite level at middleweight was because he was a huge middleweight. He doesn't have that advantage at 168. I like the fight. However, Kessler-Froch II is better.
    Fully agreed on everything said here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was never sold on Pavlik..even when everyone was sold on him after the Taylor fight. I thought Taylor lost that fight all on his own rather than Kelly winning. Didn't shock me at all to see Hopkins work him over and even less surprised when Martinez did a number on him. Wouldn't mind seeing him in there against Froch though.

What's happening to me? Only a while ago I was saying how Froch sucked..but it's hard to dislike a guy who fights everyone and has such self belief. Someone throw me a Team Froch t-shirt..

Froch batters Pavlik..Froch is awkward and throws accurate shots from weird angles. He'd catch Kelly from all over the place.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl has certainly been one of the more abused fighters on this forum. Even before I was too aware of the guy, I remember seeing a lot of "Carl Fraud" references. But it's hard to dislike a guy who comes to fight, no matter what his style. And again... when I say "fight", I'm referring to actual punches.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fan of both fighters I think it better for Pavlik to stop talking and just fight his way back. He destroyed his reputation and it is only by fighting that he has any leverage.

Maybe next year if Pavlik can get this win and then beat a top 10 guy. Pavlik needs to show he can build momentum. Froch beats him right now. Pavlik just isn't ready.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until Kelly gets his own act together, he needs a big cup of shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik. Wash, rinse and repeat

Pascal did that when I thought he wouldn't.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What I seen of Steiglitz Groves would have stopped him I'm glad he did not fight Steiglitz as him winning
    a title would have come to shone at this stage in his career.
    Abraham will have to much for Steiglitz to battle hardened for him I feel.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless I'm mistaken, it's going on six months that Kelly Pavlik has maintained sobriety and been in the gym consistently. Next Friday, he is fighting on ESPN FNF against Scott Sigmon, who previously talked a lot of crap about Pavlik and his drinking problem. I'm curious to see if he comes in with a vengeance and knocks Sigmon out. If he continues to maintain his sobriety through another fight, maybe he can mount a come back. At 168, I just mean, maybe he can land a fight with a Froch or Bute etc. as a tune-up.

Thread Information