0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: They just killed boxing....

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    problem with compubox is percisely that, it isn't accurate. Moreoever if pac lands 20 more punches in 1 round and 2 less in another round he's still up by 18 punches but he only won 1 round. Best way to look at compubox is punches per round rather than as a whole.

Again I too believe Manny won but I wont scream robbery until I review this fight while im not under the emotions of a live fight.

Thing is Pacquiao won the 2-6 rounds in such a one sided fashion compubox numbers can be skewed.

IF someone landed 1000 punches in the first round and went on to lose the next 11 rounds not throwing a punch but only getting hit 160 times over the course of it the final punch stat numbers would be 1000 to 160 and if you put that in front of someone without showing them the fight they'd scream robbery.
    but I watched the fight. Pac won more rounds by an reasonable judging criteria.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Bradley did enough to win the fight. A draw would have been fine too, but Bradley ransacked the second half of the fight after taking the first. He stole it by adapting and playing on Manny's weakness. He was stupid in the early rounds, but found his reason and thus sneaked the win.

Bradley can do better in a rematch IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

problem with compubox is percisely that, it isn't accurate. Moreoever if pac lands 20 more punches in 1 round and 2 less in another round he's still up by 18 punches but he only won 1 round. Best way to look at compubox is punches per round rather than as a whole.

Again I too believe Manny won but I wont scream robbery until I review this fight while im not under the emotions of a live fight.

Thing is Pacquiao won the 2-6 rounds in such a one sided fashion compubox numbers can be skewed.

IF someone landed 1000 punches in the first round and went on to lose the next 11 rounds not throwing a punch but only getting hit 160 times over the course of it the final punch stat numbers would be 1000 to 160 and if you put that in front of someone without showing them the fight they'd scream robbery.
    dude Pac was outlanding Bradley for the entirity of the fight.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the assessment about Compubox. You can't use the total punches landed after the fight as a gauge to see who wins or lose. But on a per round scoring, Compubox still had Pac winning most rounds. I need to watch the fight again, but I'm with Compubox scores on a per round basis. WTH just happened...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post

but I watched the fight. Pac won more rounds by an reasonable judging criteria.
    Gave Bradley the last 6 rounds, ESPECIALLY the last 3. first round could have gone either way. Pacquiao should have finished Bradley when he had the chance.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

ICB Guest

Oh come off it Hulk Marquez/Pacquiao 3 was worst than this, Bradley won 1st round then won majority of the last 6 rounds. Making it a very close fight, where is everyone getting robbery from ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make of it what you will

"Can you believe that? Unbelievable," promoter Bob Arum said. "I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said,

"I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy." Said bradley

"I'm going to make a lot of money on the rematch, but this was outrageous," Arum said.
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT NOT THE LIMIT IS THE SKY

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by arcanum26 View Post

I agree with the assessment about Compubox. You can't use the total punches landed after the fight as a gauge to see who wins or lose. But on a per round scoring, Compubox still had Pac winning most rounds. I need to watch the fight again, but I'm with Compubox scores on a per round basis. WTH just happened...
    Compubox had ODLH/Trinidad a complete domination for ODLH, but it was a very close fight with Trinidad edging it. Michael Spinks landed more punches than Larry Holmes according to Compubox, yet that is considered an outright robbery. And Pacquiao landed more punches than JMM according to compubox yet a majority had JMM winning you see the pattern here ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny loosing is no where as shocking as how people that think Bradley actually won somehow . I'm not sure why they even have judges

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY View Post
    Make of it what you will

"Can you believe that? Unbelievable," promoter Bob Arum said. "I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said,

"I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy." Said bradley

"I'm going to make a lot of money on the rematch, but this was outrageous," Arum said.
    House money is what I took from that. He's actually overjoyed. ESPN is running with the robbery angle which will make the rematch big and when Pacquiao wins it they can act like this loss never happened while getting the money from the fans twice and probably in a larger amount in this rematch to bring more casuals in. Arum isn't mad lol he's just a sales genius.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck punch stats. Fuck the fact that Bradley was punching mannies gloves for most of the fight. I guess being flashy with no power wins fights now?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FORGET FOR A MINUTE THOSE OF YOU WHO DISLIKE PACQUIAO AND TRY TO BE OBJECTIVE.

How many times are the commentators going to be reduced to almost incoherent babbling after a disgraceful robbery of the fight? This is happening much too often. Pacquiao thoroughly outlanded Bradley and there is no fucking way on Earth that Bradley won that fight.

Put aside your feelings for or against Pacquiao and be truly objective. This was a major championship fucking fight, for crying out loud.

Hell....... even BRADLEY HIMSELF knows he lost the fight. I've never heard a fighter say he has to go back and look at the tape to see whether he won or not. Most of the time, even fighters that have been on the verge of a knockout think they have won. Kudos to Bradley for at least admitting the decision may have been wrong.

Hulk beat me to this thread. I was going to say: BOXING IS KILLING ITSELF..... but it's pretty much the same sentiment. How many more times are we going to allow boxing to be ruined by incompetent and/or corrupt judges?!?!?

Hell... I was watching the fight at my brother-in-law's house and no one there was a Pacquiao fan. And even THEY were stunned into silence by the ridiculous decision that came down. And people trying to rationalize it........ BULLSHIT!!!!! What's wrong is wrong.

This is preposterous and it's going to end up killing this great sport that we love so much.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with your assessment on this, I'll still review the fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I thought Bradley did enough to win the fight. A draw would have been fine too, but Bradley ransacked the second half of the fight after taking the first. He stole it by adapting and playing on Manny's weakness. He was stupid in the early rounds, but found his reason and thus sneaked the win.

Bradley can do better in a rematch IMO.
    Tim started well but after he got hurt I thought it would follow the same pattern as mst of Pacs fights. Tim seemed to slow down and Manny was in control. It all changed when Tim started trading with Pac up close. Usually guys back off but Tim was able to stay in the trenches and it seemed that Pac didnt have the energy after that in the 2nd half. Tim was fighting at a walking pace but was outboxing him.

I think Pac could win a return but Tim figured him out in the 2nd half and if he fights like that from the start of the next fight it will be the end of Pac.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was hoping bradley would win.
    i wanted to see pac lose

i thought pac won rounds 1-9
    i thought bradley won rounds 10-12

i can't fathom how they gave the fight to bradley.

i can see how it could be arum trying to keep things in house and trying to prevent a mayweather/pacquiao fight in the fall...but what i really suspect is...:

dana white is paying the judges to discredit boxing to win fans. makes perfect sense to me.

i saw a new ufc commercial where they say: "this isn't hype."
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 06-10-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Thread Information