1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: They just killed boxing....

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I thought Bradley did enough to win the fight. A draw would have been fine too, but Bradley ransacked the second half of the fight after taking the first. He stole it by adapting and playing on Manny's weakness. He was stupid in the early rounds, but found his reason and thus sneaked the win.

Bradley can do better in a rematch IMO.
    Tim started well but after he got hurt I thought it would follow the same pattern as mst of Pacs fights. Tim seemed to slow down and Manny was in control. It all changed when Tim started trading with Pac up close. Usually guys back off but Tim was able to stay in the trenches and it seemed that Pac didnt have the energy after that in the 2nd half. Tim was fighting at a walking pace but was outboxing him.

I think Pac could win a return but Tim figured him out in the 2nd half and if he fights like that from the start of the next fight it will be the end of Pac.
    Sad thing is Bradley's performance is going to get absolutely NO credit within the media which is a shame because it as a very good one.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It serves Pacquiao right, for having made the judges wait while he finished watching the NBA Conference Finals. That'll teach him......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah man, boxing is my favorite sport but the elite boxing scene is embarrassing with all this fixed bs. For that I'll watch wwf. I guess the rematch was already planned since Bradley already had the date and everything.

Im happy For Randall Bailey though. One punch power at its best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like i said in my own thread, compubox was out to lunch. Watch the fight again Bradley made Pacquiao miss a lot, there is a reason Manny barely threw punches late in the fight, and for sure lost the last four rounds IMO, tell me there isn't one other round Bradley could have won especially in the first two. I didn't see him winning, but it was damn close.

So MANY rounds Bradley would be winning then Manny would land a few clean hard punches late and the whole rest of hte round would be forgetten like round 1. People don't need to remember just that there are 12 rounds to look at, but also there are 3 minutes of work in each round. Manny worked hard ususally in the last minute, but many times Bradley would win the first two, and I think because of his lack of power people felt PAcquiao was winning exchanges when in terms of punches landed he really wasn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"When I came into the ring [after the fight], I said to Tim, 'You did very well,' and he said 'I tried hard and I couldn't beat the guy. You talk about killing boxing. Even [Bradley's] manager [Cameron Dunkin] had it 8-4 for Pacquiao.

that is from Bullshit Bob Arum. I don't believe almost anything out of his mouth. But Bradley will be asked about it and we will find out if it is true.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were shit ton of close rounds and the second part of the fight Pac was only fighting for 30 secs. I think you guys should rewatch it with out the commentary then come back with a score.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight again and here's the best thing I can come up with. The judges do not have our view. if a fighter's back is facing them and another fighter is throwing a flurry, it makes it difficult to see if they landed or not.

The best thing I can do is to figure out at which of the three corners were the judges sitting at, go round by round and see the geography of the fight, i.e, see which judge had a better view of the action. Going by that for 12 rounds if I see a judge who by all accounts should favour one fighter but favours another. then and only then will I cry ROBBERY.

what happend to Marco Huck was a robbery, what happend to Abril was a robbery, Campillo Robbery,..god i know im missing at least 2 more here but this one...this one I need to review to confirm it.

P.S I am biased even though I like Tim I have stated many times on different threads that I believed manny won 8-4/7-5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Pacs fight with Marquez I have one word to some up this fight for Pac man.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    There were shit ton of close rounds and the second part of the fight Pac was only fighting for 30 secs. I think you guys should rewatch it with out the commentary then come back with a score.
    But the commentaty of "BANG BANG(when shots are missing or hitting gloves)" Lampley are missing is so accurate!!
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is one of the worst robbery I've seen.

how could people argue it was even close ? stay in boxing and never come to UFC.

Because, on my personal point of view, I'm done. I've been watching boxing for 30 years now. I'm done. I go in the UFC stuff...

Don't even call that I wasn't a boxing lover, I still train in boxing, I love the sport, but they have just killed it tonight. How many people accross the world have a bad image on boxing now ? how many think boxing is corrupted ?
    do you think this is enterntainment ? I was disgusted after the fight.

I'm done. I will only read the result on fightnews and save my money for UFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I streamed this fight on my phone at a bar and stopped after six rounds cause pac was so dominatin and then then espn just announced bradley as the winner wtf
    Yeh well after you stopped watching Manny continued to domin8 up until round 9 maybe 10... For what u saw I'd imagine u saw Bradley go into headbutt, clinch and run/survival mode everytime Manny touched him up.

Well during rounds 10 (maybe), 11, and 12 Bradley continued in survive mode but did get a second wind and boxed beautifully while Manny took the foot off the pedal while half heartedly chasing Bradley down as he was more interested in engaging which required Bradley to open up-which he didn't.

Anyway after that maybe Bradley took Rounds 11 and 12, but still nowhere near enough to take the win?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    I watched it without volume. This is a joke of a decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Themantonio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I streamed this fight on my phone at a bar and stopped after six rounds cause pac was so dominatin and then then espn just announced bradley as the winner wtf
    Yeh well after you stopped watching Manny continued to domin8 up until round 9 maybe 10... For what u saw I'd imagine u saw Bradley go into headbutt, clinch and run/survival mode everytime Manny touched him up.

Well during rounds 10 (maybe), 11, and 12 Bradley continued in survive mode but did get a second wind and boxed beautifully while Manny took the foot off the pedal while half heartedly chasing Bradley down as he was more interested in engaging which required Bradley to open up-which he didn't.

Anyway after that maybe Bradley took Rounds 11 and 12, but still nowhere near enough to take the win?!
    LOL Pacquiao was tired, when have we ever seen him unable to turn it on in a round and even it out? Pacquiao is way to competitive to just give away the last 4 rounds. Bradley was definitely surviving before then. He was trying to box moving away from Pacquiao which is really stupid, people need to realize the reason Marquez is so successful against Manny is that he comes in a lot. He certainly moves away as well, but always away from the left hand, then he comes in and commits fully to offense. Pacquiao isn't as dangerous moving back, and when Bradley had him in close Pacquiao didn't fight effectively, he just waits for the guy to back off or the ref to break them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SEB View Post
    This is one of the worst robbery I've seen.

how could people argue it was even close ? stay in boxing and never come to UFC.

Because, on my personal point of view, I'm done. I've been watching boxing for 30 years now. I'm done. I go in the UFC stuff...

Don't even call that I wasn't a boxing lover, I still train in boxing, I love the sport, but they have just killed it tonight. How many people accross the world have a bad image on boxing now ? how many think boxing is corrupted ?
    do you think this is enterntainment ? I was disgusted after the fight.

I'm done. I will only read the result on fightnews and save my money for UFC
    Like as if UFC gets it right every time, I am not a huge UFC fan because the striking is still to this point crap, but don't act like the UFC hasn't had terrible decisions before one that comes to mind is Rua-Machita 1.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    What the fuck just happened !?

Bob Arum and the mob just robbed Pacquaio after he won every round, but one.

Beyond belief.

Considering the high profile nature of the bout it is the worst decision I have ever witnessed.

Agreed Hulk, I know this just killed boxing for me.

Thread Information