Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ariza was right

Share/Bookmark
    jon09 Guest

Default Re: Ariza was right

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Ariza was right for sure. Ever since the Marquez fight, my respect for him went up 10-fold. You could tell he had a lot to get off his chest and hasn't pulled any punches since. The most honest member of Team Pacquiao.
    Arum is a dispicable human being and I hope Manny finally sees this and listens to Ariza.
    Would you not say most Promoters are despicable human beings nothing new, one more bad decision!
    rematch in November how convene-ant one more PPV $$$$$$$$$.
    The rematch better have a solid undercard because I would not watch that crap again. The fight was mediocre at best and there's no way I would line the pockets of Top Rank or Arum. I can wait til the morning and see who won. Whats next for Mayweather now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Or maybe the judges are making up for the times mannys opponents were robbed (Marquez)
    And this decision could be them rectifying the mistakes. Who knows!
    I'm of the opinion that the judges looked at Pacman sideways for causing an hour delay. YES, he's the reason why everyone was there. But causing that delay was truly uncalled for. I think the judges gave Bradley all the close rounds to say to Pacman, "you're just a fighter, not GOD!"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do fighters always thank God for the win, but never credit God when the other guy wins. "My God is on your side today, well done". God is bollocks, but at least use God fairly.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will rewatch the fight as I am not happy about being so out of sync with everyone. I need to watch it again. My thoughts and views often evolve, but sometimes they don't. I will have to see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Why do fighters always thank God for the win, but never credit God when the other guy wins. "My God is on your side today, well done". God is bollocks, but at least use God fairly.
    It's God's followers where you would find a looney or two just like non-believers who rather believe in horoscopes, lucky charms, and what not.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously though, what was Ariza right about?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It's God's followers where you would find a looney or two just like non-believers who rather believe in horoscopes, lucky charms, and what not.
    Non believers who believe in horoscopes? That is almost as bad as a believer.

Now a believer who also follows horoscopes? I haven't contemplated this one before. I don't think I like the sound of that at all.

I bet Ariza reads horoscopes and reads the future with mysterious astrological symbols unknown to most men.

I haven't the foggiest what he was right about TBH.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was right about Arum being a greedy fuck and right about who was to blame for the megafight not having happened yet.
    I guess the title of the thread should be "Ariza had the balls to say what everybodyy else in Team Pac knew but didn't have the balls to say"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There seems to be a couple of conspiracies pervading this thread that Arum was behind Bradley winning on Saturday night. I disagree with those conspiracies. If you disagree with the outcome of the fight, chalk it up to judicial indeptitude, nothing more. You have a right to have a jaded view of fight outcomes, but in loss Pacquiao isn't as financially lucrative for Arum as in win.
    1. It is Pacquiao's last fight under Arum and Bradley is at the beginning of his contract with Arum. Thus, it makes sense that Pacquiao loses because Arum has Bradley, the winner, under contract. This makes no sense because (1) we have no idea if Pacquiao will re-sign with Arum or if this is indeed Pacquiao's last fight with Arum. At the least, this is premature, at the most, it is wrong. (2) Bradley isn't a popular fighter. Among boxing fans and the casual fan, Bradley is not well-thought of. He doesn't have a rabid fan base. It would make more sense if this were Brandon Rios. Tim Bradley, not so much. In the alternative, why not Mayweather? If Arum wanted to cash out on Pacquiao, why not do it with Mayweather where he'd earn much more money.
    2. Arum influenced the judges to have Bradley win so that he could stage a rematch. This presumes the fight was a financial success and that its success could be repeated because the outcome was controversial. All signs appear to indicate that the ppv numbers on this fight are low. It was the first time where empty seats could be seen at a Pacquiao fight and where tickets were going for below face value the day of the fight. It may be Pacquiao's lowest number of ppv sales since Clottey. Why Arum would want to repeat a relatively unsuccessful fight when he could make more money putting Pacquiao against a bigger name isn't logical. Moreover, he could have staged a rematch even if Pacquiao had won.
    3. Bradley's victory is a way to postpone a Mayweather fight because the rematch gets in the way of a Mayweather fight. This doesn't make sense either because Mayweather has no plans to fight again this year. Arum has reserved 11/10 for a Pacquiao fight. Canelo is on 9/15. Does Mayweather have a fight date on reserve? If Mayweather isn't fighting until 2013, the rematch won't affect any potential for a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, even Floyd Sr. thought Manny had control of the fight.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    1. It is Pacquiao's last fight under Arum

Is this true? Anybody?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazzWolf View Post
    It's in his interest for Pacquiao to win. If Pacquiao were to be knocked out or to lose in the public's eye, it would take away from any chance of a potential super fight with PBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could go through multiple interviews and post quotes from Ariza but I'll just keep it simple with this one:

"Manny can't fight anyone not promoted by Bob"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzWolf View Post
    It's in his interest for Pacquiao to win. If Pacquiao were to be knocked out or to lose in the public's eye, it would take away from any chance of a potential super fight with PBF.
    Not that I'm including you in this bunch, but I'll quote this post about Mayweather.
    According to most posters negative towards Mayweather Sr., it was always in his best interest to discredit Pacquaio and keep his son away from him.

I'm glad to see all that squared away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously though, what happened to the posters who kept questioning what Ariza was right about?
    Lol

Thread Information