Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If I hear "Bad Decisions are Part of Boxing" one more time.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If I hear "Bad Decisions are Part of Boxing" one more time.....

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Look kid... everyone here knows you're a dick. You came into the thread and instead of posting something constructive you began with the insults. Do you have a "man-crush" on me? Doesn't Tony give you enough dick? Seriously, quit stalking my posts for the chance to get into trading insults... and go play in the street, like a good little boy.
    Thats alot of research you did there for my profile name haha. Anyway I dont know what a constructive comment would be to to "if I hear bad decisions blah blah" I figured you just got bored after posting up like 5 threads that all could have been bunched into one thread so I was just going through and giving some validity to your bitching post.

Anyway you do seem genuinely irrate so I guess I'll let you be, funny thing is you never respond to any "legitimate" comment or thread that anyone makes that challenges what you say, you simply start with the belittling and name calling bacause you dont know how to handle real debates.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post

you simply start with the belittling and name calling bacause you dont know how to handle real debates.

No kid.... I save my belittling and name calling for dicks like you.

funny thing is you never respond to any "legitimate" comment or thread that anyone makes that challenges what you say,

bacause you dont know how to handle real debates.

You don't bother to read my posts, so you wouldn't know how I respond to legitimate comments. You simply stalk my posts and begin with your intelligent comments, such as: "So you would huff and puff and blow your straw house down?" A lot of brain power and maturity THAT shows, huh kid? Also, you wouldn't recognize a "real debate" if it up and kicked you in the ass.

Thats alot of research you did there for my profile name haha.

Well... you seem fascinated by fat ass Brian, to the point where I'm beginning to think you have some kind of sick sexual fantasies.... so I thought I'd poke a little fun at your profile name and how it fits your abrasive personality.

You see..... everytime you see me online... you just rush over (I imagine with this little shitty grin on your face)... so you can begin trading insults. And I of course oblige, because I don't believe on putting anybody on "ignore." You think you're bothering me, when in reality I'm just laughing at how moronic you're making yourself look in the process. So I've got no problem doing this. But if it bothers you that I insult you and make you look like the little punk you are, I strongly suggest you stop stalking my posts and start posting your own.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand but unfortunately these things are accepted as part of the package and that's probably what makes it so hard to take. If one digs into the historical archives such things have been happening since John L Sullivan put on a pair of gloves. And that's the crux of the problem. There is really nothing wrong with the ten point must system but rather the antiquated way its constantly abused or rather circumvented. I mean look at the Rios/Abril fight. That was ten times worse then this. What pisses me off to no end is the fact that they all know its broken and they all stick their heads in the sand.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I understand but unfortunately these things are accepted as part of the package and that's probably what makes it so hard to take. If one digs into the historical archives such things have been happening since John L Sullivan put on a pair of gloves. And that's the crux of the problem. There is really nothing wrong with the ten point must system but rather the antiquated way its constantly abused or rather circumvented. I mean look at the Rios/Abril fight. That was ten times worse then this. What pisses me off to no end is the fact that they all know its broken and they all stick their heads in the sand.

This is my basic point, bro. The "bad decision" problem can fixed, like any other problem. The defeatist attitude of "sticking your head in the sand" isn't going to fix this problem, just like it never fixes any other problem. When people accept something that's broken as unavoidable..... we're cheating ourselves.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the outrage man. Its needed and good to keep it in the spotlight. I dont think that by acknowledging bad and iffy calls are a part of the sport it means we except it and turn the other cheek. Shit promoters, judges etc etc count on just that. It has been around though, for the longest and the danger is that the outcry becomes cliche...almost like a mantra. There are close debatable calls and then there are outright strong arm robberies. I don't know the answer really and honestly do not see a full fool proof system that will leave all in agreement but keeping it 'in the know' is a start. Never ever take a guys written record on face value. Maybe its a sad-twisted thing but I find myself remembering the 'terrible' decisions just as clearly and as often as some of the greatest fights.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is my basic point, bro. The "bad decision" problem can fixed, like any other problem. The defeatist attitude of "sticking your head in the sand" isn't going to fix this problem, just like it never fixes any other problem. When people accept something that's broken as unavoidable..... we're cheating ourselves.
    We are on the same page. You have to wonder how systemic it is and yet I see really good judged fights all the time. The controversy always seems to find its way to the higher profile fights. The only reason I can come up with is the judges. Everything else in the sport has evolved except that? Hire the right judge, make the off handed remark, pay for his flight and hotel and it seems you really dont have to request anything.

This is a pretty deep topic so I hope you don't mind my long winded response.

Boxing has become more flawed since it left network tv. What you have today is a small group of fighters making millions, getting all the tv dates and all the rest toil in obscurity. HBO actually decides who fighters fight. Wtf? This trial is completely out of order but we are going to continue anyway. Shit Montiel never even made 6 figures before Donaire and Floyd and Manny could not make it work for 50 million a piece. Leonard and Duran fought twice in one year. Today its a fast food era. I bet half the people that buy these ppvs only do it because they are having a party. Not sure they even care what the event is.

Bit of a silver lining. Once these primaddona poster boy Bieber like stars sail off into the sunset, boxing is going to have to reinvent itself. They will have to.

After watching this sport for 40 plus years I'm going to remain optimistic. I think its going to implode somewhat over the next decade but in the end I believe it will be the better for it. 10 years is a blink in time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are on the same page. You have to wonder how systemic it is and yet I see really good judged fights all the time. The controversy always seems to find its way to the higher profile fights. The only reason I can come up with is the judges. Everything else in the sport has evolved except that? Hire the right judge, make the off handed remark, pay for his flight and hotel and it seems you really dont have to request anything.

Boxing has become more flawed since it left network tv. What you have today is a small group of fighters making millions, getting all the tv dates and all the rest toil in obscurity. HBO actually decides who fighters fight. Wtf? This trial is completely out of order but we are going to continue anyway. Shit Montiel never even made 6 figures before Donaire and Floyd and Manny could not make it work for 50 million a piece. Leonard and Duran fought twice in one year. Today its a fast food era. I bet half the people that buy these ppvs only do it because they are having a party. Not sure they even care what the event is.

Bit of a silver lining. Once these primaddona poster boy Bieber like stars sail off into the sunset, boxing is going to have to reinvent itself. They will have to.

After watching this sport for 40 plus years I'm going to remain optimistic. I think its going to implode somewhat over the next decade but in the end I believe it will be the better for it. 10 years is a blink in time.

I certainly hope you're right in that the sport will reinvent itself and survive. People sleep on the fact that boxing has seemingly been around forever, and just assume it always will. So they choose to ignore the problems and write them off as "bad decisions are part of the sport."

But boxing really needs people who care and are willing to work to come up with a fix to the problem. Other sports work with their problems, tweaking the rulebook, making new rules, always looking to make the sport better. Why can't boxing? There's a lot of good minds in this forum. There's also a few closed minds. Let's hope that the open minds will prevail, and the fixes will come. That's why I started the other thread saying: "Maybe what we need is a few more incredibly bad decisions." Sort of trying to force the issue, I believe. Making it so bad that people can't ignore the problem anymore. In the meantime, we continue to wring our hands, and people in and out of boxing laugh at the sport and turn their attentions to other sports, such as MMA.

Apparently, I have to verbally spar with one or two jackasses here while making these points, but the vast majority of the forum cares and, whether they agree or not, they know where I'm coming from. Thanks for being one of those who geniunely cares.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 06-12-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I certainly hope you're right in that the sport will reinvent itself and survive. People sleep on the fact that boxing has seemingly been around forever, and just assume it always will. So they choose to ignore the problems and write them off as "bad decisions are part of the sport."

But boxing really needs people who care and are willing to work to come up with a fix to the problem. Other sports work with their problems, tweaking the rulebook, making new rules, always looking to make the sport better. Why can't boxing? There's a lot of good minds in this forum. There's also a few closed minds. Let's hope that the open minds will prevail, and the fixes will come. That's why I started the other thread saying: "Maybe what we need is a few more incredibly bad decisions." Sort of trying to force the issue, I believe. Making it so bad that people can't ignore the problem anymore. In the meantime, we continue to wring our hands, and people in and out of boxing laugh at the sport and turn their attentions to other sports, such as MMA.

Apparently, I have to verbally spar with one or two jackasses while making these points, but the vast majority of the forum cares and, whether they agree or not, they know where I'm coming from. Thanks for being one of those who geniunely cares.

Forums are all about the argument and not really about boxing. Its why I frequent them less. This is a pretty cool forum for the most part but I don't live here. It makes little difference to me whether some Johnny on the spot shoots me a one liner text message across this medium. I may engage them a bit depending how retarded they are and then just ignore them altogether.

Chavez jr is going to fight Lee this weekend and probably weigh 185. End of story. Its not just last weekend.

Peace bud and thanks for the convo.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I like the outrage man. Its needed and good to keep it in the spotlight. I dont think that by acknowledging bad and iffy calls are a part of the sport it means we except it and turn the other cheek. Shit promoters, judges etc etc count on just that. It has been around though, for the longest and the danger is that the outcry becomes cliche...almost like a mantra. There are close debatable calls and then there are outright strong arm robberies. I don't know the answer really and honestly do not see a full fool proof system that will leave all in agreement but keeping it 'in the know' is a start. Never ever take a guys written record on face value. Maybe its a sad-twisted thing but I find myself remembering the 'terrible' decisions just as clearly and as often as some of the greatest fights.

I like to see some of the more serious, veteran posters weighing in on the subject. I hate to have to wade through the fucking riff-raff sometimes.... but on a whole this is a pretty knowledgeable forum that cares about boxing. Like I answered IamInuit... as long as we continue the "hand-wringing" everytime we get slapped in the face by a ridiculous decision (and let's face it... some of us have friends that are marginally into boxing, and are easy to turn away)...... we'll never fix anything. That's why I get so frustrated with the "it's part of boxing mentality". It may be part of boxing now more than ever, but it doesn't have to be. There are MANY things that can be done. Unfortunately, the average "Joe Fan" doesn't have the power to do it. But forums such as this one can serve as a vehicle to try to force change. So as with IamInuit, thanks for your thoughts on the matter and for caring about boxing in general.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently, I have to verbally spar with one or two jackasses while making these points, but the vast majority of the forum cares and, whether they agree or not, they know where I'm coming from. Thanks for being one of those who geniunely cares.

Forums are all about the argument and not really about boxing. Its why I frequent them less. This is a pretty cool forum for the most part but I don't live here. It makes little difference to me whether some Johnny on the spot shoots me a one liner text message across this medium. I may engage them a bit depending how retarded they are and then just ignore them altogether.

Chavez jr is going to fight Lee this weekend and probably weigh 185. End of story. Its not just last weekend.

I'm the same way. I enjoy the discussions about boxing, but deplore and endure the childish one-liners that one or two idiots here use as their only means of communication. Still, it's a good medium through which maybe some ideas can come out and who knows.... perhaps with "a grain of sand" we can contribute to some improvements in the sport. If we can somehow make a little difference in some way, all the other shit can even be worthwhile.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm the same way. I enjoy the discussions about boxing, but deplore and endure the childish one-liners that one or two idiots here use as their only means of communication. Still, it's a good medium through which maybe some ideas can come out and who knows.... perhaps with "a grain of sand" we can contribute to some improvements in the sport. If we can somehow make a little difference in some way, all the other shit can even be worthwhile.
    Just don't bite. Easier said then done and ftr I am not judging anyone you are at odds with. I'm talking generic. The personal insults and hand held gadget script has taken over. Old men like me at 53 not part of the fabric. Hard to fit in. I witnessed some incredible eras and in general its hard to compare be it conversation or on the canvas in today's view.

A categorical imperative would be one which represented an action as objectively necessary in itself, without reference to any other purpose.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just don't bite. Easier said then done and ftr I am not judging anyone you are at odds with. I'm talking generic. The personal insults and hand held gadget script has taken over. Old men like me at 53 not part of the fabric. Hard to fit in. I witnessed some incredible eras and in general its hard to compare be it conversation or on the canvas in today's view.

A categorical imperative would be one which represented an action as objectively necessary in itself, without reference to any other purpose.

That is my weakness and I recognize it. While I thoroughly enjoy the boxing discussions (and even a spirited disagreement every now and then), I can't seem to ignore the bullshit insult trading scraps I get dragged into sometimes. But what the hell. I take it as part of the forum experience. And as with any cross-section of society, everyone is going to rub someone the wrong way somewhere along the line.

In any case, the best feature about any computer is the OFF button.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Claro.

Evening.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What was this thread about again? All that I can ascertain is that you have an overactive vomit reflex.
    Last edited by Beanz; 06-18-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry but this thread is a bit ridiculous, we've seen worse decisions and there hasn't been as big of an uproar, where was all this drama when Chisora was ripped off against Helenius (which was just as bad a decision as Bradley/Pacquiao), where was the uproar when Macklin got robbed against Sturm, lets face it if Pacquiao hadn't been involved in the fight there wouldn't be so much drama, the decision was wrong IMO but it's not the worst decision in the history of the sport and there was already a simple solution which Pacquiao already has allegedly turned down which is the rematch, Titofan you get mad that people bring up the Marquez fights and although most see them as close fights, I'd dare say more had Marquez winning at least 2 of the 3 clearly, so to be robbed 2 out of 3 fights (had him winning all 3) is just as tragic as you play up Bradley/Pacquiao, it's not being a hater it's just pointing out clear facts, this uproar and drama about petitions and overturning decisions is just another example of how Pacquiao and even Mayweather get special treatment it's ridiculous

Thread Information