Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo to face Ortiz

I think Conelo will win. I think it will be his shot accuracy that will beat Ortiz in the end. But very good fight and they both have a shot. Acuracy and technique with Conelo and Power with Ortiz. Ortiz has been in deep water and came out on top before so thats on his side.
    They both have about the same defence and indurance in my opinion.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mathew Hatton, Ryan Rhodes and Shane Mosley would not hear the last bell against Ortiz

I think we have another Bute v Froch on our hands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont understand why so many people are counting out Ortiz so fast even predicting him to be ko'd early. In my opinion Ortiz takes this one. Canelo gets hit easily and if Ortiz was able to land a little on Mayweather then he will surely land against Canelo. I'm going with Ortiz he seems to be in the same position in this fight as he was when he first faught Berto .
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Mathew Hatton, Ryan Rhodes and Shane Mosley would not hear the last bell against Ortiz

I think Mosley would still beat Ortiz, who let's face it doesn't have all that great of a chin either. Who has hurt Canelo? I haven't seen every single one of his fights, but I do not recall hearing about him getting rocked by anyone.

Victor Ortiz is a good fighter and all, but I'm not buying this whole Victor Ortiz will KO Alvarez nonsense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I think Mosley would still beat Ortiz, who let's face it doesn't have all that great of a chin either. Who has hurt Canelo? I haven't seen every single one of his fights, but I do not recall hearing about him getting rocked by anyone.

Victor Ortiz is a good fighter and all, but I'm not buying this whole Victor Ortiz will KO Alvarez nonsense.

Skip to 1:18 he gets rocked by and overstuffed Jose Miguel Cotto and he didnt even try to hold. If Ortiz hurts him he will finish him.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

Skip to 1:18 he gets rocked by and overstuffed Jose Miguel Cotto and he didnt even try to hold. If Ortiz hurts him he will finish him.
    Ortiz would have taken his head off!

As for el kabong... "who has hurt him?"

Who has he fought?

Its Bute all over again!

El Kabong Guest

Bute's chin was a known quantity after the first Andrade fight where he was rocked and stayed rocked, and bringing him up in this discussion is erroneous anyway as he's not going to be the one fighting either of these guys.

As for Jose Miguel Cotto hurting him....meh...are you telling me Shane Mosley hits softer than JM Cotto Now if we're talking Miguel Cotto then of course both Canelo and Ortiz get battered, but he's got a depth to his game neither Canelo nor Ortiz has.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute's chin was a known quantity after the first Andrade fight where he was rocked and stayed rocked, and bringing him up in this discussion is erroneous anyway as he's not going to be the one fighting either of these guys.

As for Jose Miguel Cotto hurting him....meh...are you telling me Shane Mosley hits softer than JM Cotto Now if we're talking Miguel Cotto then of course both Canelo and Ortiz get battered, but he's got a depth to his game neither Canelo nor Ortiz has.
    Shane was a washed up joke who didnt want to risk getting hurt without his EPO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Ortiz will give up mentally around the middle rounds. I just hope he won't be smiling if he gets ko'ed. I really hate that look on his face after the Mayweather fight.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is probable going to be a Middle weight not to far down the road, the naturally bigger fighter.
    Ortiz can punch at 140lbs but one or two of you are getting carried away this is at 154lbs, Ortiz has to
    prove himself who has he ko at 154 nobody that's who.!
    Remember Ortiz is no Duran, Canelo is a legitimate Light middle he may just overpower Ortiz with ease
    that will probable be the out come.

El Kabong Guest

If Victor could box, I would give him a shot, but he's a grinder, he's part pressure fighter part power puncher and if he doesn't act soon to add depth to his game his career will be done

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Canelo is probable going to be a Middle weight not to far down the road, the naturally bigger fighter.
    Ortiz can punch at 140lbs but one or two of you are getting carried away this is at 154lbs, Ortiz has to
    Remember Ortiz is no Duran, Canelo is a legitimate Light middle he may just overpower Ortiz with ease
    I think your getting carried away with Canelos power!

Mathew ahatton was far from world class and was only a welter but he pushed the ginge all the way

Also, Ryan Rhodes? He got to the final bell?

Canelo is only 5,9" and doesnt carry much power. Like I said, Hatton or Rhodes wouldnt see the final bell against Ortiz.

I cant see him moving up anytime soon

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I think your getting carried away with Canelos power!

Mathew ahatton was far from world class and was only a welter but he pushed the ginge all the way

Also, Ryan Rhodes? He got to the final bell?

Canelo is only 5,9" and doesnt carry much power. Like I said, Hatton or Rhodes wouldnt see the final bell against Ortiz.

I cant see him moving up anytime soon
    Canalo has nothing to prove it's all on Ortiz ,like I said who has Ortiz beat at 154 you seem to think it's about ko power, Ortiz will cur out simply his gameness is not the best.

El Kabong Guest

Canelo is just 21 too....he could fill out a bit more

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know i don't think Cotto would do so well against either of them. People i think are kinda high on him because he took a few rounds off Mayweather. He has not faced a hitter in some time i mean Cotto i think lost to Clotty and Mosley fight i feel was a draw i think next big star at 154 is one of these guys. We will have to wait and see but i don't think Cotto beating a Margarito after he got destroyed in past fights is really that great and Mayweather fight was not really close and he was almost was knocked out by Mayweather in the twelve round.
    Last edited by Mr140; 06-13-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Thread Information