Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UK Sat Night (16th June) Fight Night

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I've watched most of Towers fights and that was by far the worst I've ever seen him. He looked rigid and predicable.

Normally he is suprisingly agile. There were glimpses of it when he rolled punches, but most of the time he smothered his own work and kept losing the range (which is obviously key if you are 6ft

On that performance Fury beats him. But Towers has the skills, just needs to use them. Vary his punches more, hit to the body and keep his distance.

What a strange fight though. I've never seen anything like it, a fighter throws the towel in, the corner pulls it out.

Loving the refs work! After such a short fight with Quigg, he was making sure we got a decent length fight there. He wasn't stopping the fight for no one!

Was there and caught the Towers fight, it was ridiculous! Ref gave him every opportunity to survive and he was struggling just to stay on his feet on his own on more that one occasion. Would like to find it on-line and give it another watch as missed the first 2 rounds and would like to see if it looked as bad on TV- judging from what you've said it did. IMO both Fury and most definitely Price would end his night early!

Shame about the result from the main event and the knob-heads in the stands fighting but did get a picture with Kel Brook and had a chat with Barry McGuigan.

Kel Brook 160712 - Quigg v Munroe.jpg
    Time for a brew...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was chatting the Richard Towers last night and I've got to say, he is one of the most humble people I've ever had the pleasure to speak to.

Bearing in mind this was less than 24 hours after the fight, I wouldn't expect him to want to speak to anyone.

He said how he felt really odd on fight night and didn't feel himself at all. Feels like he gave a really bad impression of himself and is not really sure why he lost all imagination and started punching predictably. He's chuffed he has won the EU title, but has admitted he has hell of a lot of work to do and is taking a week off before getting back in the gym.

Really top bloke. Hope he can put on more of a show next time.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I was chatting the Richard Towers last night and I've got to say, he is one of the most humble people I've ever had the pleasure to speak to.

Bearing in mind this was less than 24 hours after the fight, I wouldn't expect him to want to speak to anyone.

He said how he felt really odd on fight night and didn't feel himself at all. Feels like he gave a really bad impression of himself and is not really sure why he lost all imagination and started punching predictably. He's chuffed he has won the EU title, but has admitted he has hell of a lot of work to do and is taking a week off before getting back in the gym.

Really top bloke. Hope he can put on more of a show next time.
    That's really cool mate @0james0. I am not going to judge Him on that one fight then and will keep an eye out for him in the future. Did you see that Jamie Speight and Dean Mills are supposed to be on the Fury bill on July 7th? They were meant to be fighting Lenny Daws and Jamie Arthur (all though Boxing news said Arthur retired this week?), it is also going to be headlined by Lee Haskins fighting Stuey Hall for the EBU Bantamweight title so with two Plymouth fighters and Haskins from Bristol looks like a proper Westcountry occasion.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the link
    City fighters Speight and Mills on Channel 5 show | This is Plymouth

"WESTCOUNTRY LA LA LA, WESTCOUNTRY LA LA LA"
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I hadn't seen it. Daws and Arthur are tough fights! Not fancying their chances on paper, but will route for them none the less.

Would be a good show to go up and watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me and a mate was ringside on Saturday night and I have to say it was one of the best shows I have been to, no long waits in between fights, great atmosphere, all the staff were friendly reckon Hatton promotions done a great job. Ok the main event didn't get started but we have to accept that as part of the sport.

oh yeah also got pics with *deep breath*.... Micheal Jennings, Curtis woodhouse, Jamie Moore, Barry Mcguigan, Carl Frampton, Ricky Hatton, Matt Hatton, Anthony Farnell, Kell Brook, Scott Quigg (minutes after the fight), Rendall Munroe, Ryan Rhodes, Glenn Mccrory, Paul Smith, John Murray, got Jim Watts autograph and Crollas. Absolutely buzzing by the end of the night. A who's who of British boxing and every single one of them more than happy to have a chat.

Munroe, Mcguigan, Frampton and Crolla also signed my glove, the rest all signed my programme. Top night.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Me and a mate was ringside on Saturday night and I have to say it was one of the best shows I have been to, no long waits in between fights, great atmosphere, all the staff were friendly reckon Hatton promotions done a great job. Ok the main event didn't get started but we have to accept that as part of the sport.

oh yeah also got pics with *deep breath*.... Micheal Jennings, Curtis woodhouse, Jamie Moore, Barry Mcguigan, Carl Frampton, Ricky Hatton, Matt Hatton, Anthony Farnell, Kell Brook, Scott Quigg (minutes after the fight), Rendall Munroe, Ryan Rhodes, Glenn Mccrory, Paul Smith, John Murray, got Jim Watts autograph and Crollas. Absolutely buzzing by the end of the night. A who's who of British boxing and every single one of them more than happy to have a chat.

Munroe, Mcguigan, Frampton and Crolla also signed my glove, the rest all signed my programme. Top night.
    That's great to hear so many boxers young and old were so happy to have their pictures taken and sign autographs. It speaks volumes about peoples character when they do not begrudge the time to engage with fans of this great sport. It looks like Ricky as well as being a good new promoter may well add being a great coach to his arsenal. I hope boxnation or terrestrial pick up some of his shows because after all he has done for the sport in Britain he deserves to be successful and he already is showing talent in putting together a good card.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post

That's great to hear so many boxers young and old were so happy to have their pictures taken and sign autographs. It speaks volumes about peoples character when they do not begrudge the time to engage with fans of this great sport. It looks like Ricky as well as being a good new promoter may well add being a great coach to his arsenal. I hope boxnation or terrestrial pick up some of his shows because after all he has done for the sport in Britain he deserves to be successful and he already is showing talent in putting together a good card.

Couldn't imagine actors or footballers being so friendly. It was a great night. Yeah I agree Ricky deserves to be successful after everything he has done for the sport over here. Hopefully get on with Boxnation if RH can and FW can put their differences to one side, might mean co-promoting shows. Not ideal but he needs TV to survive. He has received very positive feedback for how well Rabchenko did against Rhodes. Looking forward to the next promotion.

Thread Information