Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Stevenson v Bika Aug 11 in Montreal

That should be a freakin barn burner while it lasts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stevenson v Bika Aug 11 in Montreal

I'm going with Bika in a shootout.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit of a toss but I'll go with Adonis only because I have to question what Bika has left. He's spoiler here though w/o a doubt.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bika to win by KO

Be good to see Bika earn another crack at a title, hes fun to watch. Hed be a good defence for either Froch or Kessler. Calzaghe said hes the hardest puncher he faced and looking at Stevensons record, hes been knocked out before and has fought nobodys really. Only the very top boys will outbox Bika.

Bika had Ward in trouble in the last couple of rounds of their fight, Ward was holding for dear life through the second half of the last round, so we know Bika has good stamina too.

Hes also coming off a nice 10 rounds just a couple of weeks ago where he actually used a jab and was a bit less wreckless, giving his opponent his first stoppage loss.

Heres Stevenson getting splattered by Darnell Boone! Boones first win in 6 fights! Who incidentally lost last year to the same opponent Bika is fighting in the video above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First video just reminds me how AWFUL to watch Ward is most of the time. Ugly ass fighter. I've decided he's not even close to the quality of a Mayweather IMO. Without the constant holding Bika would have had him in the shit in the last couple of rounds.

On the thread. Should be a great fight, but I'm gonna roll with Bika stopping Stevenson....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy crap is this a barn burner. I've seen Bika outboxed (Calzaghe, Bute, Ward), but I've never seen him be outbombed. Adonis may be the man to do it. Bika is the ultimate truth maker. Unless I'm mistaken, this is for a mandatory shot at Froch's belt. I wonder if Froch takes a fight against the winner at this stage in his career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Holy crap is this a barn burner. I've seen Bika outboxed (Calzaghe, Bute, Ward), but I've never seen him be outbombed. Adonis may be the man to do it. Bika is the ultimate truth maker. Unless I'm mistaken, this is for a mandatory shot at Froch's belt. I wonder if Froch takes a fight against the winner at this stage in his career.
    Froch will never lose his durability, he's born with and endoskeleton. Froch would eat this guys

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Froch will never lose his durability, he's born with and endoskeleton. Froch would eat this guys
    He's not that far ahead of the curve. Stevenson is young and does not yet have the experience to fight a Carl Froch. This is great prep with Bika to that end.The kid has only had 18 fights. Not many prospects/contenders taking this kind of risk so early in this safety first protect the "0" ERA.

Froch has a rematch date with Bute and then he will take a holiday and has earned the right of option.
    They will have had about three more so-called eliminators before Froch is obligated to consider his mandatory. Froch has earned the coming paydays. A mandatory defense is 2 years away. That would be about the right time unless Carl decides to call it quits.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stevenson got splattered by Darnell Boone inside 2 rounds! Look at the video above.

Stevenson is not beating Bika, hes not durable enough or a good enough boxer to deal with that aggresion, strength, power and stamina. He will get caught at some point and he will get hurt. When he does, Bika will be on him like a shark!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fat wife aside, Bika is the fucking man.

As Ross said, only the elite guys of division have beaten him. Stevenson has looked impressive but against mediocre guys.

I'm a big Bika fan and gotta go with him by TKO.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With retrospect, the Bute v Bika fight either made Bute look good or Bika look bad with the Froch result. Why couldnt Bika hurt Bute?

Never know, if this Stevenson fight comes off, Bika may just be an in demand opponent for Kessler, Froch and Bute.

To be honest, its probably more likely to be a rematch with Bute as im pretty sure Froch and Kessler will be rematching later this year

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bika by ko . It should be a shoutout and BIka has a better chin

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just an update.

As most probably know, Bika pulled out of the fight saying he could not be ready. Presently its Dirrell/Stevenson in negotiations and its already gone to a purse bid.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Just an update.

As most probably know, Bika pulled out of the fight saying he could not be ready. Presently its Dirrell/Stevenson in negotiations and its already gone to a purse bid.
    Hmm, when was the fight supposed to take place anyways? I doubt Stevenson is ready for Dirrell honestly, he seems fairly reckless and hasn't faced a guy who can box at a high level. Dirrell is a tremendous counter puncher when he's on form, I'd like to see him back in the mix.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Just an update.

Hmm, when was the fight supposed to take place anyways? I doubt Stevenson is ready for Dirrell honestly, he seems fairly reckless and hasn't faced a guy who can box at a high level. Dirrell is a tremendous counter puncher when he's on form, I'd like to see him back in the mix.
    Aug 11 and I agree that Andre is to much for Stevenson. They should have matched him with Anthony instead. I wonder if Mayweather productions will cough up the loot to get the venue? Andre was unwilling to go to Quebec for Bute so this should prove interesting.

Thread Information