Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garcia on Khan: "I have never, ever, ever..... met a Pakistani who could fight"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Garcia on Khan: "I have never, ever, ever..... met a Pakistani who could fight"

Garcia Sr speaking ahead of the Khan fight:

Garcia Rips Khan: Never Met a Pakistanian Who Can Fight! - Boxing News

He doesn't hold back with his comments that's for sure, some more amusing stuff in this article:

Garcia: The Khan Plan, Beat The F***ing Sh*t Out of Him! - Boxing News
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Garcia on Khan: "I have never, ever, ever..... met a Pakistani who could fight"

Garcia can talk all he wants, when he is in the ring with Khan he isnt going to be able to take his speed and power. Khan needs to be focused, and does have a lot to prove but i think he will be too much for Garcia.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Garcia on Khan: "I have never, ever, ever..... met a Pakistani who could fight"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Garcia can talk all he wants, when he is in the ring with Khan he isnt going to be able to take his speed and power. Khan needs to be focused, and does have a lot to prove but i think he will be too much for Garcia.
    Danny Garcia wasn't the one talking all that smack it was his dad. Its laughable how much heart and trash talk people/entourages/trainers/flunkies have when they don't have to get in the ring. Probably not a smart idea to rile up Khan for his son to fight. Let the fighters do the talking and the flunkies should just stick to their assigned jobs.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Danny Garcia wasn't the one talking all that smack it was his dad. Its laughable how much heart and trash talk people/entourages/trainers/flunkies have when they don't have to get in the ring. Probably not a smart idea to rile up Khan for his son to fight. Let the fighters do the talking and the flunkies should just stick to their assigned jobs.
    well daddy can talk all he wants because its not him in the ring, Khan will just be too much for him, hes too experienced and Garcia still has a lot to learn IMO.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Garcia is very good and fully expect to see him lose this one. At the same time, I've watched Khans last three fights just recently and tend to agree he can't actually fight/box for shit. He's very athletic of course, in some ways as much as any active fighter, but woefully innacurate and has no real depth to his game. I feel he is extremely overrated and wouldn't give him all that much chance to beat even Bradley or Alexander honestly.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Garcia is saying isnt quite true , i did once see on CNN a Pakistani cleary fighting using an AK 47.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don't think Garcia is very good and fully expect to see him lose this one. At the same time, I've watched Khans last three fights just recently and tend to agree he can't actually fight/box for shit. He's very athletic of course, in some ways as much as any active fighter, but woefully innacurate and has no real depth to his game. I feel he is extremely overrated and wouldn't give him all that much chance to beat even Bradley or Alexander honestly.
    He beats alexander any day of the week let's not forget that yeah alexander looked good against maidana but quit against bradley and got a gift against lucas and kotelnik in many peoples eyes. Devon is good against plodders but that's about it

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    What Garcia is saying isnt quite true , i did once see on CNN a Pakistani cleary fighting using an AK 47.
    Yeah, but Garcia's mad old man was talking about Pakistanians.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And just in case he doesn't and Garcia starts getting inside and roughing him up like Peterson did they'll have Joe Cortez ref the fight and break it every time Garcia gets on the inside.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    And just in case he doesn't and Garcia starts getting inside and roughing him up like Peterson did they'll have Joe Cortez ref the fight and break it every time Garcia gets on the inside.
    Peterson got inside because he was on steroids. Garcia isn't as good as Peterson and Garcia isn't on steroids, therefore I doubt Garcia is going to do much roughing up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way Garcia talks about his son its as if he has some ability and can fight. The reality is much different.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Peterson got inside because he was on steroids.
    Sorry, Tam. That's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a very, very long time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia would not say that in Bradford.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    He beats alexander any day of the week let's not forget that yeah alexander looked good against maidana but quit against bradley and got a gift against lucas and kotelnik in many peoples eyes. Devon is good against plodders but that's about it
    You are probably right, and Alexander held all day against Maidana. Khan should have done the same in spots though, both Peterson and Maidana had him in all kinds of trouble once they got inside, where Khan has little clue how to fight. I didn't like the way Bradley seemingly avoided fighting Khan, but in hindsight it probably wasn't a bad career move. I do think he is a much more well rounded fighter and would have every chance to beat him if it were still to happen.
    Absolutely agree with the last post though, Garcia isn't going to be the one to exploit Khans flaws as he is fairly crap.

Thread Information