Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What a shame Toney/Adamek wasn't made and Dan Rafael should be an Olmypics sponser

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What a shame Toney/Adamek wasn't made and Dan Rafael should be an Olmypics sponser

I've not really been clued up on my boxing news recently, but just heard that Toney/Adamek was on and then called off by Adamek's team and how apparently there was a whole load of criticism of the fight from the likes of Jabba the 'I dribble globules of cheese on my beard' Rafael.

I am well peeved at this as I think that would have been a fantastic matchup. Sure Toney is old blah, blah blah, but the man is still a well tuned fighter with more smarts than ANYONE in his division. Adamek is not the cream of the crop and looks to be on the slide himself. Toney/Adamek would have been a fight between two names looking for a last shot at the top. There was nothing wrong with the matchup. Nobody would be getting hurt and we would have an intriguing contest.

Instead we get the likes of Dan Rafael heaping criticism on the bout and subsequently the Adamek camp pulls out. It pisses me off. Holyfield has had chance after chance over the years and yet you look at Toney and he just doesn't get any breaks. Nobody wants to fight the man.

I feel sorry for Toney and hope he follows up on his promise to do something to Rafael. Though I fear if he attempts a body shot we would likely never see Toney again. Toney would likely be sucked into the gravitational force and be consumed within a belly so large and foul that only cowpat sized mounds are known to emerge from it. Dan Rafael is the kind of man that means plumbers will never be short of a job.

JFAT for life.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 07-27-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Yes, I know the title has a typo. I can't change that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a shame Toney/Adamek wasn't made and Dan Rafael should be an Olmypics sponse

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I've not really been clued up on my boxing news recently, but just heard that Toney/Adamek was on and then called off by Adamek's team and how apparently there was a whole load of criticism of the fight from the likes of Jabba the 'I dribble globules of cheese on my beard' Rafael.

I am well peeved at this as I think that would have been a fantastic matchup. Sure Toney is old blah, blah blah, but the man is still a well tuned fighter with more smarts than ANYONE in his division. Adamek is not the cream of the crop and looks to be on the slide himself. Toney/Adamek would have been a fight between two names looking for a last shot at the top. There was nothing wrong with the matchup. Nobody would be getting hurt and we would have an intriguing contest.

Instead we get the likes of Dan Rafael heaping criticism on the bout and subsequently the Adamek camp pulls out. It pisses me off. Holyfield has had chance after chance over the years and yet you look at Toney and he just doesn't get any breaks. Nobody wants to fight the man.

I feel sorry for Toney and hope he follows up on his promise to do something to Rafael. Though I fear if he attempts a body shot we would likely never see Toney again. Toney would likely be sucked into the gravitational force and be consumed within a belly so large and foul that only cowpat sized mounds are known to emerge from it. Dan Rafael is the kind of man that means plumbers will never be short of a job.

JFAT for life.
    well in Holyfield's defense though, he's older than Toney and still shows up in great physical shape come fight night, Toney however comes in looking like Rafael's black counterpart

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a shame Toney/Adamek wasn't made and Dan Rafael should be an Olmypics sponse

I am not impressed at my spelling of sponsor. Rather clumsy.

Regardless, Toney/Adamek would be a very fun fight and I wouldn't rule out Toney giving him a very good run for his money. However, that clearly isn't going to happen now.

As for Dan Rafael I think he is not only obese, but also a moron. He cannot see a decent fight when it jumps up and is unable to hit his face for the folds of flab interfering in the trajectory.

Toney is a legend and I would like to see him be given a final shot and Lebedev doesn't count as the injury was obvious to all who could see the screen over their teeming masses of chins.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Olympics too. I apologize for that as well. I am not used to this computer. My hands are all over the place.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lebedev ended toney as any threat whatsoever. Adamek would school him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Lebedev ended toney as any threat whatsoever. Adamek would school him.
    I disagree as Toney fought Lebedev with one leg. He couldn't get leverage because of the injury and was thus using only the teaser jab and canny defense to stay out of trouble. It was obvious and apparent that he was injured. You saw the leg buckle and he couldn't throw ANY of his usual awkward punches.

I don't think the Lebedev proved anything beyond the fact that Lebedev beats a handicapped Toney relatively easily. A healthy Toney is a different story.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney should not be allowed to get in the ring. The man is a shell of what he once was. When I watch a fight I want to see a contest not some old guy with diminished capacity taking more damage. I don't care how much Toney needs the money, I wouldn't watch the damn fight. I'm glad the fight was called stopped.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JFAT for life.
    hahaha !

Miles I admire your unwavering loyalty for James Toney. Its about over though my friend. Toney is past it and has no intention of staying in good shape, he has proved that time and time again.

I think Adamek is still respectable and top ten, despite BJ Flores' horrid commentary to the contrary, Adamek had a pretty easy time handling Eddie Chambers.

However, I do share your disdain for fat fuck Dan Rafael. He's just such a cynical, cowardly, Klitschko worshipping piece of trash.

The man picks the heavy favorite EVERY TIME then thinks he's some kind of boxing genius when the guy wins.

He desperately wants to blow the Klit brothers as well. Its sickening.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JFAT for life.
    you are so far offbase.

you obviously didn't see toney vs lebedev last november. toney looked like he should not have been licensed. He is beyond shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post

JFAT for life.
    you are so far offbase.

you obviously didn't see toney vs lebedev last november. toney looked like he should not have been licensed. He is beyond shot.
    dan rafael is a fat piece of shit, but he is right about this.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have watched Toney/Lebedev several times and I see the same thing every time. Toney twisting his leg early and not being able to overcome it thereafter. He finished the fight like a man and though clearly outboxed, had his justification for it. I buy into it. It was obvious what happened. I knew watching it live that it was over from that point on. That wasn't James Toney. A better example of suggesting Toney has fallen is Toney/Peter 2, but Toney was obviously out of shape for that. It served him right. Lebedev/Toney doesn't really mean anything from my perspective.

I am glad to see that the popular viewpoint is that Rafael is a fat piece of shit. A man like that should never accuse Toney of being out of shape. The man is a freak beached whale with limbs.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only reason I'd like to see Toney fight anyone at this point, would be to see him get knocked THE FUCK out. I never liked him before he became a slurring whale.... I certainly don't like him now, and someone should do a "Pac-Hatton" on him for his own good. As a way of saying: "Please... get the hell out of boxing, you fat-ass, has-been."

Thread Information