Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heavyweight Fight Schedule

Mariusz Wach says he has now signed to fight Wladimir Klitschko.

Вах: Если хорошо настроюсь на Кличко - стану чемпионом

rough translation:

Polish Star Mariusz Wach (27-0, 15 KOs) in Nowy Dziennik newspaper interview, promised to do what other Polish boxers failed to do (Andrzej Golota, Albert Sosnowski and Tomasz Adamek) and become world champion heavyweight champion. But the task is quite difficult, because the win in front of the battle is long-time leader of the heavyweight division, Vladimir Klitschko (58-3, 51 KO), with whom Wach would meet at the end of this year.

"The contracts have been signed, '' said Wach. Mentally I had been preparing for this fight for quite a few months and I feel good. I do not think that three Polish boxers who fought for the title, failed to become world champions. Poland will have its first heavyweight champion of the world ".

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really sad to see Bert Cooper still carrying on...
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Wilder fights someone in the BoxRec top 100 next (someone decent like Shane Cameron, Carlos Takam, or Sherman Williams).

He's quite capable of beating people like that. He needs the experience against better opponents or he won't be ready for the top ten when the time comes.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steve Kim says Chris Arreola will fight a WBC top 5 opponent in October.

Roberto Cammarelle is turning pro.
    Last edited by Freedom; 08-15-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder calls Tyson Fury out and says he's a coward.

Деонтей Уайлдер: Тайсон Фьюри - трус

rough translation:

interviewer: "Tyson Fury made a lot of noise lately, that caught the attention of Klitschko. Fury had problems with some of the fighters, but these were good opponents. You, on the other hand, destroyed all your rivals with no problems. You would be interested in a fight with Fury?"

Wilder "I would like to meet with Fury right now, but he is a coward. He will not fight with someone who could defeat him. He showed this when he gave David Price his champion's belt of the Commonwealth of Nations."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

rough translation:

interviewer: "Tyson Fury made a lot of noise lately, that caught the attention of Klitschko. Fury had problems with some of the fighters, but these were good opponents. You, on the other hand, destroyed all your rivals with no problems. You would be interested in a fight with Fury?"

Wilder "I would like to meet with Fury right now, but he is a coward. He will not fight with someone who could defeat him. He showed this when he gave David Price his champion's belt of the Commonwealth of Nations."
    I don't think Fury is quaking in his boots with fear, but he could be quaking with laughter!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

rough translation:

I don't think Fury is quaking in his boots with fear, but he could be quaking with laughter!
    Don't think much of fury as in don't think hell go all that far but he's faced better comp than wilder, who's got no room to talk really, he's yet to face someone semi decent.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Фьюри может встретиться с Чагаевым, Ляховичем или Мормеком

rough translation:

Next opponent of British heavyweight Tyson Fury (19-0, 14 KOs) could be a former world champion. Peter Fury says at the moment, there are three candidates for the battle with the young Briton: Frenchman Jean-Marc Mormeck (36-5, 22 KOs), Belarusian Sergey Lyakhovich (25-5, 16 KOs) and Uzbek Ruslan Chagaev (29-2-1, 18 KOs). Lyakhovich and Chagaev had been world heavyweight champion, and Mormeck world cruiserweight.

In addition, the coach announced that Tyson's next fight is scheduled for November for Fury, though the exact date or venue of the match is unknown.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Odlanier Solis, who is having promoter problems, will appear on the undercard of Adamek-Walker on 09/08/12. His opponent will be Willie Herring (14-11-3, 5 КО).

Солис встретится с Херрингом

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oquendo defeats Hawkins by TKO

Окендо остановил Хоукинса

rough translation:

Puerto Rican heavyweight Fres Oquendo (35-7, 23 KOs) won a third victory already this year by stopping American Robert Hawkins (23-20).

Throughout the battle, Oquendo controlled the situation in the ring completely, moving well and landing many jabs. In the third round, he twice sent Hawkins in knockdown attacks on the body, and after the seventh Hawkins refused to continue the fight and the referee recorded the win by TKO Fres Oquendo in the seventh round.
    In other heavyweight news:

- Brian Minto defeated Mike Sheppard by TKO 4.
    - Undefeated American Dorsett Barnwell won a controversial SD over Joey Dawejko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Фьюри может встретиться с Чагаевым, Ляховичем или Мормеком

rough translation:

Next opponent of British heavyweight Tyson Fury (19-0, 14 KOs) could be a former world champion. Peter Fury says at the moment, there are three candidates for the battle with the young Briton: Frenchman Jean-Marc Mormeck (36-5, 22 KOs), Belarusian Sergey Lyakhovich (25-5, 16 KOs) and Uzbek Ruslan Chagaev (29-2-1, 18 KOs). Lyakhovich and Chagaev had been world heavyweight champion, and Mormeck world cruiserweight.

In addition, the coach announced that Tyson's next fight is scheduled for November for Fury, though the exact date or venue of the match is unknown.
    I am sorry but Mormeck would be a joke. Strictly target practice. Lyakhovich might give him a few rounds, but the only one of the three I can see as a learning experience for Tyson would be Chagaev.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vladimir Hrunov says "Povetkin and Tszyu immediately found a common language"

I have a feeling we'll see a better Povetkin on Sept 29, now that he has a better trainer.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-08-20_18_41.html

The manager of Alexander Povetkin, Vladimir Hrunov, spoke to allboxing.com. Hrunov chose Kostya Tszyu as a trainer for his ward.

Vladimir, fight against Rahman will be standing at first under the guidance of new coach, the celebrated Russian Boxer Konstantin Tszyu. It is clear that the conclusions can be made only after a bout with Rahman, but as you seem to be mutual understanding between them found?

Yes, certainly. Kostya is a great athlete, perfectly knowing both physical and psychological side of professional boxing. He goes throught all the preparations while taking into account every detail.

And what with Teddy Atlas? Relationship with him finally severed?

Even before we have agreed with Tszyu to work together, we tried to contact him, but he tore all the contacts and not replied to calls and emails. Apparently, work at ESPN it completely absorbed. In any case, I am glad that we have collaborated with him in his time and believe that Alexander this collaboration benefited.

Alexander was not hard to adjust to the new system? After the gruelling training methods, Tszyu is legendary.

Alexander is a very talented athlete and now is has a new enthusiasm. With Kostya they have found a common language.

did the change of the date for the bout with Rahman affect the preparation of Alexander?

Although the schedule was changed, I do not think that this will prevent Alexander to peak form to 29 September. I repeat: Kostya is a professional high class and knows all the nuances of the sport.

Vladimir, originally one of the venues of the fight, Povetkin-Rahman, when he still was scheduled for July was called Moscow. Why then the battle was moved to Germany?

Is one of the main reasons was that the show would end in about three hours a night.

Why so late?

Is the condition of the German television ARD. And there is a regulation of the municipal government of Moscow that all the events of this magnitude must end before 23:30 hours. Or by way of a special agreement should be renewed for a period of time, the work of the Moscow metro. At the moment we do not have sufficient time to resolve the issue.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vyacheslav Glazkov (12-0) will face Konstantin Airich (23-6) on the Klitschko-Charr card on September 8th.

Глазков выступит в андеркарте Кличко

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The October 6 HBO fight between Mitchell and Banks has been cancelled.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir Klitschko's IBF mandatory could be decided as early as December

Официальный претендент на бой с Кличко может определиться уже в декабре

As reported in an interview Made in USA Polish heavyweight Tomasz Adamek (46-2, 28 KOs) in the event of a win over American Travis Walker (39-7-1, 31 KOs) in a semi-final qualifier, which will take place on 8 September, he plans to meet with the winner of the other semifinal pairs, Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev (16-0, 8 KOs) or Belarusian Alexander Ustinov (27-0, 21 KOs).

"If I defeat Travis Walker, I'll climb to second place in the ranking of the IBF, and fight for the mandatory ranking as early as December," said Adamek.

Thread Information