Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which rematch makes most sense for Pacquiao?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Which rematch makes most sense for Pacquiao?

So the three choices for Pacquiaos next fight are; Bradley, Marquez or Cotto. I personally couldn't be bothered watching a Bradley fight any time soon, I really didn't enjoy the fight and thought Pacquiao won. I just don't think we should be paying big money again for another potential shit fight.

I think Marquez does deserve another shot, but will he get shafted again? I think Pacquiao isn't performing like he use to and maybe Marquez could beat him this time. I would settle for the this rematch the most out of the three.

I think Cotto looked good against Mayweather, but if he did rematch pacquiao the fight wouldn't happen at 154 so I don't know what the outcome would be. If Cotto is allowed to fight at what weight he wants, I think he would do a lot better this time than last time. I personally wouldn't mind seeing this fight again, it might make Pacquiao get engaged more because Cotto would be pressing the action.
    Last edited by Tam Seddon; 08-15-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley, of course, would anything else do, whether it makes sense or not? Bradley is a question that must be answered first! Let's give Bradley a chance to do it again, if he can. I want a different crew keeping score, how about you?
    Last edited by beenKOed; 08-15-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Add on.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which rematch makes most sense for Pacquiao?

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    So the three choices for Pacquiaos next fight are; Bradley, Marquez or Cotto. I personally couldn't be bothered watching a Bradley fight any time soon, I really didn't enjoy the fight and thought Pacquiao won. I just don't think we should be paying big money again for another potential shit fight.

Tom you should have went with cents instead of sense. It all gives me chills. Manny's passive demeanor after Bradley was almost jaw dropping. I was close to calling it a fix.

I think Marquez does deserve another shot, but will he get shafted again? I think Pacquiao isn't performing like he use to and maybe Marquez could beat him this time. I would settle for the this rematch the most out of the three.

Me 2 and in Mexico at the Aztec Arena. Biggest mony of the lot if HBO is willing to travel

I think Cotto looked good against Mayweather, but if he did rematch pacquiao the fight wouldn't happen at 154 so I don't know what the outcome would be. If Cotto is allowed to fight at what weight he wants, I think he would do a lot better this time than last time. I personally wouldn't mind seeing this fight again, it might make Pacquiao get engaged more because Cotto would be pressing the action.

Have always maintained that Floyd let Cotto in the fight. No belts on the line and no Arum telling Cotto what to do. 152 Manny?
    Here is where I have to bab on because I replied to you in quote and never met character requirements. Manny is a foot away from spent.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are "Pac-Marquez-ed" out.
    The Bradley fight, although not that entertaining, created questions that need to be answered.
    A Cotto rematch would be the best, I think. But would have to be at 154, which Manny can do. Cotto now has a real corner... not the clueless Joe Santiago. And the Cotto that fought Floyd would give Pac all he could handle. It would be an extremely competitive fight, where I'd give Cotto a 50/50 chance to win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather see him vs Cotto at 154 than any of the others, though I don't think there's any way Manny will agree to that. I actually have no interest in the others. I'd prefer Marquez to Bradley I guess, but I don't think there's any need for a fourth fight -- the outcome will be exactly the same as the others -- very close, hotly disputed, and less action than the preceding one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to avenge the Bradley loss for sure, if not then Cotto is the one who deserves a shot. However i think the Pacquiao tank is running close to empty, i fear a huge KO loss looming sooner rather than later. Time is catching up on him fast.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Out of those three? The guy who beat him, the guy who got the wrong score given.

(I'm talking about JMM, not Bradley)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best choice will be Bradley.
    1. Better chance of beating Bradley. Cotto did look good and will not come down in weight again. And JMM always and will be a problem.
    2. Mayweather logoical choice should be Bradley. The person that beat him(Pacman).
    3. The only way to end a JMM saga, is to KO him(JMM). In which will be a lose/lose situation. JMM is old. JMM beat Pacman once, twice or even all 3 of the other times they fought.
    4. JMM will always be available. Even after a lose.
    5. Pacman needs to learn how to box with a boxer that's not going to come in a straight line to get ready for Mayweather if that fight ever happen.

ICB Guest

Pacquiao doesn't deserve another shot against Marquez because he's 0-3 against him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Pacquiao doesn't deserve another shot against Marquez because he's 0-3 against him.
    In your opinion, which is a valid one but when I look at boxrec it says 2-0-1 pacquiao I'm afraid. So Marquez should be granted another fight as pacquiao is on the slide and maybe he will beat him convincingly enough to finally get the offical win.

ICB Guest

In your opinion, which is a valid one but when I look at boxrec it says 2-0-1 pacquiao I'm afraid. So Marquez should be granted another fight as pacquiao is on the slide and maybe he will beat him convincingly enough to finally get the offical win.
    I don't want to see it i think people are tired of it aswell in general, i think as do many JMM beat him convincingly i had it 7-4-1. Yet he still didn't get the win, and it was his most convincing performance vs Manny Pacquiao. Remember JMM is older than Manny Pacquaio, and has been in just as many tough fights. Let them move on and do there own thing.

Manny Pacquiao still has business to deal with Timothy Bradley, who's to say he even wins the rematch ? i thought the 1st fight was alot closer than people thought, and the longer Manny Pacquiao goes on the worse he's going to get. Hell he could get worse just in his next fight with Timothy Bradley, it was shocking how he faded so badly in the 2nd half of the fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None are great options. The Bradley fight wasn't especially exciting. Marquez, been there, done that. Cotto, Pacquiao beat convincingly already, and if Pacquiao doesn't want to go up to 154, where Cotto is now, I don't blame him. Cotto appears to not be as effective at 147. So, what do you do? Maybe Cotto at 150 is the best option or Bradley, to right the wrong?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't want to see it i think people are tired of it aswell in general, i think as do many JMM beat him convincingly i had it 7-4-1. Yet he still didn't get the win, and it was his most convincing performance vs Manny Pacquiao. Remember JMM is older than Manny Pacquaio, and has been in just as many tough fights. Let them move on and do there own thing.

Manny Pacquiao still has business to deal with Timothy Bradley, who's to say he even wins the rematch ? i thought the 1st fight was alot closer than people thought, and the longer Manny Pacquiao goes on the worse he's going to get. Hell he could get worse just in his next fight with Timothy Bradley, it was shocking how he faded so badly in the 2nd half of the fight.
    I agree with what your saying manny really is there for the taking. Whoever he fights I think the fight would be close. I just think in terms of a better fight to watch id prefer pacquiao to fight Marquez instead of Bradley. I thought the Bradley fight was just boring, the marquez fights were a lot better. I don't want to pay for a Bradley rematch it wasn't enjoyable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly I think Manny needs to decide what he wants to do fulltime now. Either your all in or your all out and aside from hashish smoking judges, that's what let a one footed Bradley sneak up on him. Manny won, but he looked disinterested and like he was bored with it all. He needs that rematch to kick the door in and just erase the stench, get back to his primal brutal you don't belong in my ring roots. I have zero interest in a forth go with Marquez, been there, done that, own the t shirt. Honestly so much time will always be spent debating 1,2,3 that just another one will be an after though or more of the same.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Manny does have the dilemma in that he wants to fight in November but Bradley may not be fit in time and is not the most marketable.

If I was Manny I would fight Bradley to avenge the last loss. If he fights JMM he will not get a gift decision especially if they have it in Mexico and is just setting Manny up to fail. Manny should not bother going up to fight the left over’s of Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information