Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lopez

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lopez

I enjoyed that, I am looking forward to this fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

Hmm, I kind of couldn't care less about this fight. Canelo versus a good-but-not-great junior welterweight just doesn't do it for me. This fight does zero to improve his standing - I like Josesito but because of the weight, this is a clear step down for Alvarez. He should be fighting Cotto or at least Lara, Trout, or Vanes. But instead those guys are now all fighting each other in much better match-ups than this one.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Hmm, I kind of couldn't care less about this fight. Canelo versus a good-but-not-great junior welterweight just doesn't do it for me. This fight does zero to improve his standing - I like Josesito but because of the weight, this is a clear step down for Alvarez. He should be fighting Cotto or at least Lara, Trout, or Vanes. But instead those guys are now all fighting each other in much better match-ups than this one.
    You have to give Lopez credit though, nobody gave him a chance against Ortiz and he stepped up to the challenge. This fight was no doubt going to be Canelo - Ortiz but Lopez for spoiling the show deserves the fight. Im not saying he will win, but he deserves it! I do agree that Canelo should be fighting Cotto, Lara, Trout...people of that bracket, but it will come in near time. Canelos 22, we have so much to see of him in the future. I am looking forward to this fight, Lopez isnt scared and will make it a fight against Canelo IMO.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can alvarez handle a serious pressure fighter? i realize lopez is open to being hit, which will be play into alvarez' hands, but he throws alot of punches on the inside. lopez is also bigger than alvarez in that video and will no doubt do his best to work the body and push him around on the inside.

everyone talks about canelo's poise, but has he faced this kind of pressure?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    can alvarez handle a serious pressure fighter? i realize lopez is open to being hit, which will be play into alvarez' hands, but he throws alot of punches on the inside. lopez is also bigger than alvarez in that video and will no doubt do his best to work the body and push him around on the inside.

Not to my knowledge, Lopez is a live threat, hes proved that against Ortiz. Canelo is going to have to be at his best to handle the pressure, I think it will be a good fight.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

Not to my knowledge, Lopez is a live threat, hes proved that against Ortiz. Canelo is going to have to be at his best to handle the pressure, I think it will be a good fight.
    This is another fight I've been waiting for. This is going to be good for as long as it lasts, Canelo can fight coming forward or backing up. Lopez is most comfortable coming forward, so it's going to be interesting! Canelo and Oscar were together at ringside when Lopez beat Ortiz, I think Canelo picked Lopez as his next opponent that night. Canelo likes Lopez and wants to fight him, he likes his fighting spirit and the way he invited Ortiz in when he was laying on the ropes. I can predict real fireworks, Canelo picked Lopez for that reason and Lopez is more than willing!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the other interesting thing i just realized is that lopez was a last minute replacement for both the ortiz fight and the vargas fight. lopez had fought just 3 weeks before fighting vargas and was cut in that fight.

lopez will have been able to fully devote himself to training with the knowledge of who his opponent is. when i watched the video i was surprised to see how big lopez look as compared to how he looked against ortiz. i figure it's preparation.

i think its gonna be a good fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is't this GBP putting up the fight in the same town and on the date as TR Martinez/Chavez Jr? Two top draws for Mexico and these idiots want to fight for gate money. What a bunch of morons!

Thread Information