Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan vs brook

Khan says if brook beats alexander(jan 19th)he will fight him.
    Will kell beat devon?
    And is this a fight we will see mid 2013?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan vs brook

That fight needs to happen regardless imo. That fight would be massive domestically and would do very well globally.

I think Devon will upset the apple cart and I don’t think Khan should make a win by Brook the basis for a fight with him. He’s in no position to make those demands and is fast becoming an underachiever himself.

The problem for Kell against Devon is that he will be fighting a guy that’s as fast as he is and so far Kell has gotten away with stepping straight back with his lead hand down but his opponents thus far have not been able to cash in on that because they were not fast enough. Another factor to consider is the venue, I believe it will be at Madison Square Garden which may or may not affect Kell upstairs. If Kell does win he might tell Khan to take a hike or beat someone and fight his optional to which he would be entitled to do.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 11-11-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least Brooks brings something to the table, but I think Khan is taking the slow and sfae route back which means he will take Hatton first. Hatton is the big fat golden goose.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surely hatton wont risk a khan fight yet. Hatton needs 2-3 fights until khan.
    Khan is still a good boxer and he must know his new trainer is his last chance.
    Whether its devon or kell that wins khan still has to sort out possible rematches with peterson, garcia and prescott.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In fact, hatton might not really need that many fights before khan.
    The more i think about it..khan is a disgrace.
    He gets knocked out and beaten time after time and just avoids any threat while still making big money.
    This is khans last chance.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    In fact, hatton might not really need that many fights before khan.
    The more i think about it..khan is a disgrace.
    He gets knocked out and beaten time after time and just avoids any threat while still making big money.
    This is khans last chance.
    Weather we like it or not, fighters don't fight for free Khan is shooting the shit as most fighters DO, to
    generate interest and a big pay day. Let's face fact's it's a money driven sport, is it not Khan, Hatton,
    etc they are all the same, they have lot's of money but I'm sure they would all like a bit MORE.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Brook wins what possible claim will Hatton or Khan have for a challenge on ratings grounds?

This is clearly a side of UK boxing I don't get, Khan and Hatton are both two time recent losers yet they get bums on seats and TV money?

If there was any justice Kell would blank them and get big money US fights, let Khan versus Hatton become the only freakshow in town, maybe they could do ultimate fighting?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no one in the US barring Floyd or Pac that Kell would earn more against than Hatton and Khan.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    There's no one in the US barring Floyd or Pac that Kell would earn more against than Hatton and Khan.
    Don't make it right though, just sad but true.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Don't make it right though, just sad but true.
    There's basically nothing fair about boxing. It doesn't matter how good you are it's just about what you sell.

Plenty of "journeymen" types around the world could have been champions if they were born in the right place.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All 3 will try and negotiate the best deal from one another. Kell at least will bring a world title should he beat Alexander, Khan will need to acclimatise himself at the welterweight division and the best way for him to do that is by fighting Hatton who is the real cash cow and easier fight for both Khan and Kell.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan cannot leave the light welter divison a loser.
    He needs to beat garcia and peterson before moving up.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Khan cannot leave the light welter divison a loser.
    He needs to beat garcia and peterson before moving up.
    It is about the money, if he can't get those fights he will move up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    That fight needs to happen regardless imo. That fight would be massive domestically and would do very well globally.

I think Devon will upset the apple cart and I don’t think Khan should make a win by Brook the basis for a fight with him. He’s in no position to make those demands and is fast becoming an underachiever himself.

The problem for Kell against Devon is that he will be fighting a guy that’s as fast as he is and so far Kell has gotten away with stepping straight back with his lead hand down but his opponents thus far have not been able to cash in on that because they were not fast enough. Another factor to consider is the venue, I believe it will be at Madison Square Garden which may or may not affect Kell upstairs. If Kell does win he might tell Khan to take a hike or beat someone and fight his optional to which he would be entitled to do.
    Have you seen Alexander fight recently? He's a gun-shy spoiler. His speed only helps him clinch faster.

Brook is a big, strong, hard punching natural welterweight. Alexander looked lost against Bradley, and was bullied by Mathysse (who won that fight). He was terrified against the master of mediocrity Bailley. If he clinches as often as he usually does Brook will throw him around like a rag doll.
    Brook's left hand is low...so what? Against a southpaw it is very often the best way of fighting, especially given Alexander's money shot straight left/left uppercut will be way off the mark as Brook steps back with his right hand guard up.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Have you seen Alexander fight recently? He's a gun-shy spoiler. His speed only helps him clinch faster.

Brook is a big, strong, hard punching natural welterweight. Alexander looked lost against Bradley, and was bullied by Mathysse (who won that fight). He was terrified against the master of mediocrity Bailley. If he clinches as often as he usually does Brook will throw him around like a rag doll.
    Brook's left hand is low...so what? Against a southpaw it is very often the best way of fighting, especially given Alexander's money shot straight left/left uppercut will be way off the mark as Brook steps back with his right hand guard up.
    Yes I have followed his career and he destroyed Maidana and looks like a different fighter so far at 147. As far as being gun shy, he's only had 2 fights at 147 and his last was against one of the biggest punchers of this era. Of course he was gun shy and of course he would clinch.

Thread Information