Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Syria Still Photos

The pics say it all. This is what another country in our world is dealing with right now.

Syria in Ruins - In Focus - The Atlantic

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Syria Still Photos

Well the worldhas told America to not be the "World Police" so good luck Syria

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow that is heartbreaking and sad. Amazing photographs that show what desperate measures those under real totalitarian dictatorships are driven to in order to free themselves.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All these "Free Syrian" people are from a bunch of different Islamist groups and are all funded by the Saudis, so you can guess what kind of Islamist groups they are. The west is turning a blind eye to this as if the Syrian regime is changed it helps isolate Iran as Syria is a big Iranian ally. It's basically the same thing we did in Afghanistan in the 1980s to fuck the Soviets up and we all know how well that worked out for us.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    All these "Free Syrian" people are from a bunch of different Islamist groups and are all funded by the Saudis, so you can guess what kind of Islamist groups they are. The west is turning a blind eye to this as if the Syrian regime is changed it helps isolate Iran as Syria is a big Iranian ally. It's basically the same thing we did in Afghanistan in the 1980s to fuck the Soviets up and we all know how well that worked out for us.
    Well for once Kirkland talks a little bit of sense. Here's the real issue with Obama's foreign policy: He wants to help out the people that are against the dictator just like in Libya and Egypt, the problem is he won't take the time to figure out who he's helping. In World War II it was easy, anyone that wasn't a supporter of Hitler, Mussolini, or Petain (Vichy France) was an Ally. In Korea anyone who wasn't Chinese was basically an Ally, Vietnam things got decidedly crazier and mixed up and it's been that way ever since.

If I lived in Syria I wouldn't feel safe at all from either side and therefore I suggest we allow them to kill each other and maybe, maybe if we're lucky we can have someone who is not a total asshole run that country afterwards.

Say what you will about Mubarack and Quaddhafi but they kept their shit inside their own countries and didn't allow for any pot shots at Israel who looks better and better by comparison....they also seem to be in a bit more danger now than say 5 years ago when W was in office.

The deal with Afghanistan and the Mujihadeen (sp?) fighters is that we didn't help them out after they fended off the Soviets and so we left there with a vaccume of power and the Taliban seized on it and for a while that was fine. We also helped out Muslims in Kosovo and after that what thanks did we get? I think the United States should not help another Muslim group again. It's like trying to pick up a scorpion and move it to safety, we're trying to help but we keep getting stung, I say let them go how Allah thinks they should and if they side against us then so be it, we'll stomp a mudhole in their asses like we should have done in the first place.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    wtf? America ıs dırectly ınvolved ın Syrıa as Hıllary Troll has admıtted on Meet The Press 2 weeks ago. Amerıca ıs supployıng arms and fınancıal support to the CIA operatıv....errrr, rebels.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    wtf? America ıs dırectly ınvolved ın Syrıa as Hıllary Troll has admıtted on Meet The Press 2 weeks ago. Amerıca ıs supployıng arms and fınancıal support to the CIA operatıv....errrr, rebels.
    Giving weapons isn't the same as having troops on the ground fighting a battle we have 0 benefit from winning

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is a bit oversimplifying things to assume that after years of a brutally controlling dictatorship to assume that the civil war and uprising that is occurring in Syria is solely due to the influence of the Saudis. This is a state where the control of information was so so extreme that the general populace were denied even the ability to purchase books. Books became an expensive luxury that groups of people had to club together in order to afford. There are atrocities happening on both sides but the younger generation have availed themselves of opportunities to connect with the rest of the world and that is why they can refuse to live in subjugation like their parents. Like the Egyptians they are demanding a more open system of government and yes "Islamist groups" are seeking to fill that void but that is no reason to assume that ordinary citizens are all behind the idea of replacing a vicious dog with a bear.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Giving weapons isn't the same as having troops on the ground fighting a battle we have 0 benefit from winning

"A rose by any other name is still a rose". - Juliet

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't lift a finger for anyone in that region.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

America lifts a finger for every region in some way or another and most typically for self interested reasons. It is seldom for the good of the populace in any particular nation.

I am impressed to see that the rebels have military equipment and armour. I didn't know that Syria had Walmart.

El Kabong Guest

Titofan its "alleged" we're helping and by "we" I mean Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    America lifts a finger for every region in some way or another and most typically for self interested reasons. It is seldom for the good of the populace in any particular nation.

I am impressed to see that the rebels have military equipment and armour. I didn't know that Syria had Walmart.
    Miles while I'm glad you've returned I see you still proudly display your ignorance of American culture. Wal*Mart isn't Murder Inc. they sell a few hunting rifles and shotguns but I doubt they'd do anything for.Syria.... sorry to disappoint you

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the real issue with Obama's foreign policy: He wants to help out the people that are against the dictator just like in Libya and Egypt, the problem is he won't take the time to figure out who he's helping.
    This isn't true. The first guy to go down was Ben Ali in Tunisia and the Obama administration officially didn't take sides between the unarmed demonstrators and the Tunisian army until Ben Ali's plane left Tunisian airspace on the way to Saudi. Same in Egypt. The first thing the US did was to fly in planeloads of riot control equipment. That stopped when the Egyptians started putting pictures of US-made teargas canisters on Facebook. Libya was an opportunity to get US access to Libyan oilfields and Syria is something America/Israel are desperate to see happen as it helps isolate Iran. But none of this is really what Obama wants. Obama or any other US president would be delighted with a return to the pre-Tunisia status quo. Unfortunately that isn't going to happen so the challenge is how best to manage it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say let them go how Allah thinks they should and if they side against us then so be it, we'll stomp a mudhole in their asses like we should have done in the first place.
    Uh huh. So when I said before that your attitude was to out-Saddam Saddam and you replied oh no, I'm not some barbaric idiot you weren't telling the exact truth were you?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I think it is a bit oversimplifying things to assume that after years of a brutally controlling dictatorship to assume that the civil war and uprising that is occurring in Syria is solely due to the influence of the Saudis. This is a state where the control of information was so so extreme that the general populace were denied even the ability to purchase books. Books became an expensive luxury that groups of people had to club together in order to afford. There are atrocities happening on both sides but the younger generation have availed themselves of opportunities to connect with the rest of the world and that is why they can refuse to live in subjugation like their parents. Like the Egyptians they are demanding a more open system of government and yes "Islamist groups" are seeking to fill that void but that is no reason to assume that ordinary citizens are all behind the idea of replacing a vicious dog with a bear.
    It's not solely due to the Saudis at all. Sunni Islamist groups, especially the extreme Salafist/Wahhabi groups have been violently repressed by the Alawite regime in Syria by Bashar Assad and Bashar's dad Hafez. A couple of decades ago during a past uprising Hafez sent airplanes in to one Sunni town and destroyed all the main buildings. Then he sent the artillery in and reduced it to rubble. Then he sent a fleet of road rollers in and flattened the rubble. This has been going on a long time. The saudis are just doing what they normally do in situations like this, sending tons of money and fighters to fight for the Salafist groups. And fundinf fighters from all over the Arab world too, like they did in Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon, Afghanistan etc etc.

Thread Information