Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who worse? Don King or Bob Arum- and why?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who worse? Don King or Bob Arum- and why?

Can anyone name a fighter who left Con King with money in there pocket?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Larry Holmes.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Larry Holmes.

Lol

Seriously man how long have you followed the sport?

Everyone from 122 to 154 is ducking Donaire
    Arum is a bigger scum bag then Don King
    Manny’s wife is responsible for his knockout
    Arum has not made any major fights
    And now Larry Holmes made money off Don King

No offense man but you have kinda committed empiricide. And yes, I know that is not an actual word.

Larry Holmes was burnt at the stake by King and probably had more law suits against the guy then anyone else in history.

Perhaps Mayorga. Possibly the richest sub par gatekeeper in history although he sued King for lost wages also.

Maybe Sanchez or Pryor. I suppose Trinidad and Chavez Sr. Benitez most likely did but put a lot of it up his nose and partied it away. Duran and Gomez also and probably Arguello. No doubt Nelson made cash along with McCallum and McClellan. None of them had the resources to sue. Holyfield made about 200 million and during that time went out and fathered a city and built castles.

Foreman made more money off his Grill then he ever made off King. Shit I’m a vegetarian and own one lol

Ali never needed King really but he got screwed over. FFS he was shafted in the Holmes fight. Imagine that. That fight should have never even happened.

Tyson was a millionaire but he also got bent over the bench by King. He settled for about 15 mil in his 100 million dollar suit.

And what of Terry Norris? Sued the slime ball and won over 7 mil

Terrible Tim. Coerced into signing a group of slave contracts settled out of court for a mil or so.

To my knowledge nobody has sued Arum. Like I said two lumps of shit. Yes Arum is a double dipping narcissist but he has put together all kinds of big fights.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Larry Holmes.

Lol

Seriously man how long have you followed the sport?

Everyone from 122 to 154 is ducking Donaire
    Arum is a bigger scum bag then Don King
    Manny’s wife is responsible for his knockout
    Arum has not made any major fights
    And now Larry Holmes made money off Don King

No offense man but you have kinda committed empiricide. And yes, I know that is not an actual word.

Larry Holmes was burnt at the stake by King and probably had more law suits against the guy then anyone else in history.

Perhaps Mayorga. Possibly the richest sub par gatekeeper in history although he sued King for lost wages also.

Maybe Sanchez or Pryor. I suppose Trinidad and Chavez Sr. Benitez most likely did but put a lot of it up his nose and partied it away. Duran and Gomez also and probably Arguello. No doubt Nelson made cash along with McCallum and McClellan. None of them had the resources to sue. Holyfield made about 200 million and during that time went out and fathered a city and built castles.

Foreman made more money off his Grill then he ever made off King. Shit I’m a vegetarian and own one lol

Ali never needed King really but he got screwed over. FFS he was shafted in the Holmes fight. Imagine that. That fight should have never even happened.

Tyson was a millionaire but he also got bent over the bench by King. He settled for about 15 mil in his 100 million dollar suit.

And what of Terry Norris? Sued the slime ball and won over 7 mil

Terrible Tim. Coerced into signing a group of slave contracts settled out of court for a mil or so.

To my knowledge nobody has sued Arum. Like I said two lumps of shit. Yes Arum is a double dipping narcissist but he has put together all kinds of big fights.
    Arum in my opinion does not have the record of big fights as does King does. Sure, Arum may not have ripped off more people than King- which ain't sayin much, because we know Arum has ripped off Floyd and Manny- but to say King has NOT given us MORE memories than that of Arum is garbage for you to say.

Secondly, I am not sure how we got on this vein of the argument- i.e., Arum has not had any major fights and also that King has not ripped off anyone. I never said either. I said King has more mega fights that we can account for- Arum does not. In fact, Arum's biggest claim to fame now is this Pac and JMM series and also the Pac and Mayweather non-fight. On the other hand, you can list King's fight making capabilities.

Sure, King may have ripped off a few guys in his day, but he got the fights done... the same can't be said about Arum.

And, re-read my post about Jinkee Pacquiao AGAIN... if you know anything about testosterone, mental stability and that making a fighter, you would know what it is I am talking about. That's why wives and girlfriends are barred from fight camp- too much of a distraction.

Thread Information