Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who worse? Don King or Bob Arum- and why?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who worse? Don King or Bob Arum- and why?

Well, who is more scum than the other? King or Arum?

I have a feeling that Arum is more of an undercover scum. Most of his slimey stuff never hits the light of day because Don King has taken a reputational hit because of who he was.

To be fair, Arum has robbed just as many fighters as King has. And, what's worse with Arum- is that he blocks fights. May/Pac just to name one big one. Whereas King hasn't been able to rob Larry Holmes and a few others, while he was KNOWN the make thee fights.

To be honest, Don king was RESPONSIBLE for making the fights we REALLY wanted to see, over the last 30 years. If King wasn't involved, then it wasn't happening. And, the fights we missed, we can link them back to Arum.

So, who do you have? Larger scum? Arum or King?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who worse? Don King or Bob Arum- and why?

Personally I cant tell the difference between my female dogs stool in the front yard from my males. Both are a coiled steaming mess.

jon09 Guest

Arum all the way; He seems to hold grudges and has gotten worse with age and has stopped 1 of the biggest fights in history from happening. King would have made Pacman vs Mayweather but would have took more then his share of the purse and booted the loser when it was all over with.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

King forced Holmes to fight Ali.

As far as individual acts go its no contest.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It says a lot about the odious nature of Arum that someone who killed a man, and stooped to the lows of trying to sign the conquering fighter who beat his guy, whilst still in the ring, was a breath of fresh air as far as matchmaking and his general influence in boxing goes. Bob's influence and avarice is a cancer that would rather destroy boxing than lose face, give up a cent or acknowledge anyone but his own twisted reflection.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both are clearly amongst the highest echelon of slimeballs.. I think at present it's obviously Arum who is hurting the sport moreso, only because for whatever reason Don King doesn't really have the same kind of roster he once did. I always wondered how King was able to get to where he was though, I mean you'd listen to the guy and assume he's virtually retarded. Arum comes across like any other sort of waspy lawyer type, it's not such a mystery and for that reason I think he's a lot less endearing. Don King must have been a far harder man back in the day.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum. Can't stand the twat. Right now him and Suliaman are ruining boxing. Sooner the pair of 'em go the better.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is now. Don King was sleeping with the Wbc when Bob Arum was a fart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don King was as bad as they come, but he's old and has less influence now.

However, Bob Arum despite his age is still very influential and he still has a very negative effect on the sport.

Although there are other shady promoters like Waldemar Kluch (Universum) and Ahmet Öner (Arena Box-Promotion), their companies are failing and on the way out. In contrast, Arum's Top Rank is thriving.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fitting that its election season...the phrase 'lesser of two evils' comes to mind.

Today I say Arum if for any other reason that he's still relevant and making...and avoiding...key decisions that impact the sport. I propose we leave room for the newest and shrewdest as well, GBP.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Fitting that its election season...the phrase 'lesser of two evils' comes to mind.

Today I say Arum if for any other reason that he's still relevant and making...and avoiding...key decisions that impact the sport. I propose we leave room for the newest and shrewdest as well, GBP.
    What decent Mega fight has Arum made? Tell me? The most recent fight in a long while that I can remember, which everyone thought would have been a cakewalk for the LOSER- and it was, and he was robbed- was Pac/Bradley.

But other than that Arum hasn't been at the centre of a mega fight since I can remember. All of those fights were pissy. Shoots... Pac and Marquez MADE their legends off of the fight THEY made. Marquez wa supposed to be another walk over, but he wasn't. He proved much more. Those two men had more about them making their own fight hype than Arum did for them.

Arum is worthless to the sport. At least you can tag Don King to ACTUAL fights that came off and what we had memories off of. From the Rumble in the Jungle to today!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

What decent Mega fight has Arum made? Tell me? The most recent fight in a long while that I can remember, which everyone thought would have been a cakewalk for the LOSER- and it was, and he was robbed- was Pac/Bradley.

But other than that Arum hasn't been at the centre of a mega fight since I can remember. All of those fights were pissy. Shoots... Pac and Marquez MADE their legends off of the fight THEY made. Marquez wa supposed to be another walk over, but he wasn't. He proved much more. Those two men had more about them making their own fight hype than Arum did for them.

Arum is worthless to the sport. At least you can tag Don King to ACTUAL fights that came off and what we had memories off of. From the Rumble in the Jungle to today!
    Did you notice
    still relevant and making...and avoiding...key decisions that impact the sport.
    in his remarks? He's bang on.

My two Karelian 10 month old pups get me up at odd hours at times and that's why I am commenting at this ungodly hour. I pray I don't have to smoke a joint to get back to sleep.

Alvarado
    Arce
    Bey
    Concepcion
    Calderon
    Chavez Jr
    His brother Omar
    Benavidez
    Flemming
    Donaire
    Cruz
    Bradley
    Manny
    Crawford
    Garcia
    Gesta
    Margarito
    Magdelano 1 and 2
    Martinez
    Jones
    Korobov
    Lee
    Vargas
    Lopez
    Marroquin
    Vanes
    Marquez
    Pavlik
    Montiel
    Vasquez jr
    Segura
    Solis
    Rios
    Cotto until recently

He's an in house dirt bag but explain to me how he's not relevant. And please Manny/Marquez never had the first fight w/o Arum? And any fight that any of the above had was a result of Arum.

Ok that's it for me til morning. I've got a cup of green tea in hand, a marley and Mozart playing. Mutts in place.

Good evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don king, i personalty dont like him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Did you notice
    still relevant and making...and avoiding...key decisions that impact the sport.
    in his remarks? He's bang on.

My two Karelian 10 month old pups get me up at odd hours at times and that's why I am commenting at this ungodly hour. I pray I don't have to smoke a joint to get back to sleep.

Alvarado
    Arce
    Bey
    Concepcion
    Calderon
    Chavez Jr
    His brother Omar
    Benavidez
    Flemming
    Donaire
    Cruz
    Bradley
    Manny
    Crawford
    Garcia
    Gesta
    Margarito
    Magdelano 1 and 2
    Martinez
    Jones
    Korobov
    Lee
    Vargas
    Lopez
    Marroquin
    Vanes
    Marquez
    Pavlik
    Montiel
    Vasquez jr
    Segura
    Solis
    Rios
    Cotto until recently

He's an in house dirt bag but explain to me how he's not relevant. And please Manny/Marquez never had the first fight w/o Arum? And any fight that any of the above had was a result of Arum.

Ok that's it for me til morning. I've got a cup of green tea in hand, a marley and Mozart playing. Mutts in place.

Good evening.
    No. Understand me properly. I'm not saying Arum doesn't have fighters, but the MEGA FIGHTS have been lacking from his stable.

Take for example the Pac/Marquez fight. No one was TRULY interested in that fight series until AFTER they saw the first one, how Marquez got back up to make it a fight and how Pac was stunned by the sheer will power of Marquez.

Those two men made their own fight trilogy... they made their own legacy. Sure, Arum helped to set up the first fight and the subsequent fights, but it was by accident that those two made magic when they did.

That's all I'm saying.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. Understand me properly. I'm not saying Arum doesn't have fighters, but the MEGA FIGHTS have been lacking from his stable.

Take for example the Pac/Marquez fight. No one was TRULY interested in that fight series until AFTER they saw the first one, how Marquez got back up to make it a fight and how Pac was stunned by the sheer will power of Marquez.

Those two men made their own fight trilogy... they made their own legacy. Sure, Arum helped to set up the first fight and the subsequent fights, but it was by accident that those two made magic when they did.

That's all I'm saying.
    I do understand but Arum does in house fights to collect a portion of two fighters vs one and covets trinkets. Oscar is coming along the same way. Sauerland and others do the same from the Euro side.
    Thats just the way it is in this risk/reward gone reverse boxing culture. Most of the mega fights over the last five or so years have Arums stamp on it. King has not been a major player for well over a decade unless you consider Mayorga relevant. Have to admit he's probably the richest gate keeper in history.

Like I tried to say in my initial post. I have a hard time telling the difference between two piles of shit. It just so happens Arum is relevant and King is not.

Arum hates Oscar and Oscar hates Arum. Arum hates Floyd and Floyd hates Arum and is affiliated with Oscar. They all have an even hand in any stagnation of the sport. That and the kazillion belts.

Thread Information