Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saunders vs Eubank Jnr

Looks like these two have talked themselves into a fight on Twitter.

I'll be amazed if this fight happens, if it does I'll be favouring Saunders massively. He's far too advanced in his experience.

Who would you pick?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders vs Eubank Jnr

From what iv seen of Saunders in his last fight, hes in the wrong division and Eubank is getting better all the time.

Put it this way, Eubank fought and beat Bradley Pryce after just a year as a pro! It took Saunders over 3 years to get to that level! There was only a few months separating Saunders and Eubank fighting Pryce.

Eubank wins. Hes learning more and has more balls.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank looked class while handling Pryce.

Chris Eubank Jr Vs Bradley Pryce Highlights - YouTube

Remember, Eubank is a pro of just 1 year in this fight. Saunders has plateued and unless he drops down a weight I dont see him going much further. In fact hes the perfect name to have as another win at this stage of Eubanks career.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    From what iv seen of Saunders in his last fight, hes in the wrong division and Eubank is getting better all the time.

Put it this way, Eubank fought and beat Bradley Pryce after just a year as a pro! It took Saunders over 3 years to get to that level! There was only a few months separating Saunders and Eubank fighting Pryce.

Eubank wins. Hes learning more and has more balls.
    You know what, your right about that.

I think I'm a bit rose tinted towards Saunders as I've followed his career from amateurs and really thought he had something special about him.

He has a gypsy boxing background, so I'm sure he has the balls to dig deep if needed. The hand injury he had set him back a bit I suppose.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Saunders will take him. Am I the only one who is totally unimpressed with Eubank Jr?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I think Saunders will take him. Am I the only one who is totally unimpressed with Eubank Jr?
    Eubank has skills, hes still not had 10 fights yet, and is only just a year in to his career, not many amteur and is getting better all the time. When you campare the 2 in their fights against Pryce, its Eubank who had the easier time and had more strength.

I think Eubank should push for this fight. A nice profile lifting domestic money earner and do a few rounds against an experienced lad. Sanders last fight he looked as though he was going to get stopped, hes not that good.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Looks like these two have talked themselves into a fight on Twitter.

I'll be amazed if this fight happens, if it does I'll be favouring Saunders massively. He's far too advanced in his experience.

Who would you pick?
    Eubank takes its. He's been more active, Saunders is in the weightclass in my book, even at that judged on Saunders last 2 fights he'd get stopped by Eubank.

Eubank made light work of Bradley pryce, while sanders had to work his win, Hard!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank has skills, hes still not had 10 fights yet, and is only just a year in to his career, not many amteur and is getting better all the time. When you campare the 2 in their fights against Pryce, its Eubank who had the easier time and had more strength.

I think Eubank should push for this fight. A nice profile lifting domestic money earner and do a few rounds against an experienced lad. Sanders last fight he looked as though he was going to get stopped, hes not that good.
    I think it would be a close fight that either could win. I'd be very surprised if it happened this early in their Carrara but would be delighted if it did

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank looked class while handling Pryce.

Chris Eubank Jr Vs Bradley Pryce Highlights - YouTube

Remember, Eubank is a pro of just 1 year in this fight. Saunders has plateued and unless he drops down a weight I dont see him going much further. In fact hes the perfect name to have as another win at this stage of Eubanks career.
    Boxing ruined by terrible music

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

I think it would be a close fight that either could win. I'd be very surprised if it happened this early in their Carrara but would be delighted if it did
    Saunders was 3 years in to his pro "carrara" when he fought. Bradley Pryce, his best opponent to date. Eubank fought him with less than 10 fights and just a year in to his own "carrara" and beat Pryce easier.

Its not until I looked at those stats and what clips are available of the Pryce fights that I actually thought Eubank could go somewhere. People rave about Saunders and here is a young novice who is doing things better. Either Saunders is massively overhyped or Eubank is genuine class.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sold on Saunders, I don't rate him have a feeling Eubank stops him in 6 rounds or so.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders was 3 years in to his pro "carrara" when he fought. Bradley Pryce, his best opponent to date. Eubank fought him with less than 10 fights and just a year in to his own "carrara" and beat Pryce easier.

Its not until I looked at those stats and what clips are available of the Pryce fights that I actually thought Eubank could go somewhere. People rave about Saunders and here is a young novice who is doing things better. Either Saunders is massively overhyped or Eubank is genuine class.
    Saunders is overrated. I'd also like to point out that Eubank fights at 168 and Saunders fights at 160. Given that Pryce is a 154 fighter really, you can see why he'd look a little more sluggish at 168 than 160. Really, I don't think this is Saunders best victory either. Neil Blackwell, Saunders last fight, was a much tougher opponent IMO. Pryce hasn't been the same fighter he was for years.
    Last edited by bzkfn; 01-06-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders is overrated. I'd also like to point out that Eubank fights at 168 and Saunders fights at 160. Given that Pryce is a 154 fighter really, you can see why he'd look a little more sluggish at 168 than 168. Really, I don't think this is Saunders best victory either. Neil Blackwell, Saunders last fight, was a much tougher opponent IMO. Pryce hasn't been the same fighter he was for years.
    Eubank is a middleweight not a super middle?

The heaviest he has weighed since turning pro is 164.

Saunders has had more fights weighing over 160 than Eubank has in total and has matched Eubanks heaviest.
    Last edited by ross; 01-05-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank is a middleweight not a super middle?

The heaviest he has weighed since turning pro is 164.

Saunders has had more fights weighing over 160 than Eubank has in total and has matched Eubanks heaviest.
    Every time I've seen him on channel 5 he was billed as a Super-Middle. Upon checking this on boxrec, he hasn't weighed at the 160 limit once in his career yet. Degale also wanted to fight him, so I was fairly sure he was going to fight at Super-Middle. Maybe I'm wrong, because they also claim he is a Middleweight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wont weigh in at the middle limit until he has to for a title or to get ranked by fighting a ranked fighter at the weight.

There is no way that he is a super middle (yet) weighing 164 at his heaviest.

I have also found it odd that his dad has stated that DeGale is their target. They sparred and although both say they schooled the other, Eubank sr and jr must be confident enough with what they experienced that jr will handle him with some more experience.

Id like to see him in with some more experienced fighters like Pryce and soon, maybe only one then push for a Saunders fight. Seems the fashion recently for british rivals to fight each other early with Groves v DeGale and Cleverly v Bellew. Then look for some ex title challengers.

Thread Information