Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kessler VS Froch II, who wins the rematch???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kessler VS Froch II, who wins the rematch???

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I fancied Froch when it was made but the more I think about it I'm worried about Kessler's speed. I wouldn't be stunned of a repeat close decision in Kessler's favour. I'm swinging back and forth in my mind though. Right now I'm thinking Kessler takes another decision but that may change come fight night.
    Froch looks the fresher to me and seems to be getting stronger rather then getting worn out. Kessler looks that half a second slower or rusty. Something at least imo is lacking with Kessler and he's not 100% on. I think its upstairs. One thing is for sure and that is Kessler wont fold like Bute did during the ring walk leaving his tool box in the dressing room. I expect Froch to win the UD and set up the trilogy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kesler KO 2.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Kesler KO 2.
    You gotta be frickin kidding me?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good match up between two genuine warriors.

However, I think that Froch has improved since last time they fought, and that Kessler has gone ever so slightly downhill as well as being quite inactive.

Froch has shown that he is a very strong, in your face fighter with a great chin. He's always fit and prepared ..... but he can be outslicked and outboxed by slippery customers.

I see the fight going one of two ways:

1. Froch is pumped up by the crowd, he jumps right on top of Kessler from the opening bell and drags him into a slugfest in front of a wild crowd. If that happens, I think Froch's fitness, activity and strength wear Kessler down for a 7th round TKO - with the ref stopping the fight after Kessler is deemed to be taking too much punishment

2. Kessler has said a couple of times that he regrets not boxing more smartly against Froch last time. This time, Kessler comes out and boxes Froch on the back foot, moving and countering him sharply. The fight is no way near as interesting as the first one, but Kessler does a professional and disciplined job and earns a points decision after a tense, mesmerising technical matchup - but without too many fireworks

There you go, now you are guaranteed that something completely different will happen!
    Last edited by X; 03-21-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: my crap typing
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This is a good match up between two genuine warriors.

However, I think that Froch has improved since last time they fought, and that Kessler has gone ever so slightly downhill as well as being quite inactive.

Froch has shown that he is a very strong, in your face fighter with a great chin. He's always fit and prepared ..... but he can be outslicked and outboxed by slippery customers.

I see the fight going one of two ways:

1. Froch is pumped up by the crowd, he jumps right on top of Kessler from the opening bell and rags him into a slugfest in front of a wild crowd. If that happens, I think Froch's fitness, activity and strength wear Kessler down for a 7th round TKO - with the ref stopping the fight after kessler is deemed to be taking too much punishment

2. Kessler has said a couple of times that he regrets not boxing more smartly against Froch last time. Kessler comes out and boxes Froch on the back foot, moving and countering him sharply. The fight is no way near as interesting as the forst one, but Kessler does a professional and disciplined job and earns a points decision after a tense, mesmerising technical matchup - but without too many fireworks

There you go, now you are guaranteed that something complately different will happen!
    Personally I do think Kessler will box more.

Froch did his best in the first fight whereas we know Kessler can box better than that. I reckon Kessler will box Frochs ears off. Carl needs his opponent to stand and fight with him which is what Butes mistake was. Kessler can do that but he can make things so much easier by boxing more. I could see anything happening in this fight. Kessler stopped by cuts, Froch stopped by a body shot etc...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Kesler KO 2.
    You gotta be frickin kidding me?
    With a body shot.

I always pick against Froch. He probably wins this fight but I'm going to predict that Kessler KOs him. I previously picked Kessler to KO him in the tenth in another of these threads.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch only wins this if he is fitter than he's ever been, He landed some bombs on Kessler and he took them pretty well.

Froch needs to do the same then jump all over him and batter him down hard.

I have absolutely no doubt that Rob Mccraken will be making sure he's in the shape of his life for this fight but Kessler is faster than Froch and will go toe to toe which makes it for me better than the first fight.... Infact I predict a total war from the off.

So hard to call this one but hand on heart I think if anyone is gonna get the stoppage it will be Froch and I think he's a different fighter on home soil.
    The O2 is gonna be absolutely deafening as soon as Froch walks out and I think that will spur him on to victory in a brutal fight.
    Both men are warriors so we are def in for a treat here ;-).

Can't wait for this one!!!!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot see Kessler box for 12 rounds against Froch. Mikell is not that disciplined and skilled to do that, he will mix it up. I hope he does engage with Froch because that is what Carl would love.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Froch only wins this if he is fitter than he's ever been, He landed some bombs on Kessler and he took them pretty well.

Froch needs to do the same then jump all over him and batter him down hard.

I have absolutely no doubt that Rob Mccraken will be making sure he's in the shape of his life for this fight but Kessler is faster than Froch and will go toe to toe which makes it for me better than the first fight.... Infact I predict a total war from the off.

So hard to call this one but hand on heart I think if anyone is gonna get the stoppage it will be Froch and I think he's a different fighter on home soil.
    The O2 is gonna be absolutely deafening as soon as Froch walks out and I think that will spur him on to victory in a brutal fight.
    Both men are warriors so we are def in for a treat here ;-).

Can't wait for this one!!!!
    I was just going to type that Kessler came over and fought in a much bigger fight in front of 55,000 in Cardiff and gave Calzaghe one of the hardest nights of his career but now I see what your getting at so I wont

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hardest fight I think ;-)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    The hardest fight I think ;-)
    Yeah, Calzaghe deffinitly needed to be spot on for that one. Young, big, strong, fast and powerfull unified champ with defences under his belt and tough enough to be willing to travel.

Hopkins fight with Pavlik comes close but he dragged Pavlik 2 weights up

Calzaghe always says that Eubank was his hardest fight and toughest opponent because it was the first time he'd been dragged in the trenches and done 12 rounds and Eubank soaked everything up.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sign of a great fighter...JC was losing to Kessler and took a thumping uppercut in the 4th or 5th then re adjusted and boxed his head off ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch ud

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler makes Froch quit in hi stool. Round 8 or 9 stranger things have happened

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are getting a bit carried away with Froch's last couple of performances. I didn't see any real improvement in what he was doing. Bute looked scared stiff from the start and Mack was hand picked for an easy payday... which Froch was entitled to to be fair.

Kessler is the better fighter in my opinion, but if the fight is close, Froch will probably get the home decision. To win on the cards, Kessler really needs to win big.

Thread Information