Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Trout vs Alvarez and Macklin vs Golovkin

Just wondering if it's only me that thinks Trout is going to do a number of Alvarez (points wise - im not sure where the fight is going to be held - can't remember) and that Golovkin vs Macklin isnt a mismatch at all!?

I posted a threat a while back about Allvarez and how he hasnt really done anything special besides move quickly for a young fighter - but in terms of level beaten I really don't see much to be honest. Plus he drew a fight -

Same with Golovkin - he went 10 rounds against an old puma a year or 2 back and has beaten really really average fighters since and a couple of those were light middles

I would be inclined to put a double bet on Alvarez and Golovkin both losing their 0's in the enxt fights - not because i think they will but because i think its a minimum 50-50 fight in both cases and william hill have trout at 11/5 ffs which to me seems great odds for a fighter who just beat cot to 116-111 in my book! thoughts?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trout vs Alvarez and Macklin vs Golovkin

not too impressed by golovkins recent opponents... he is 30 now and is fairly established as a champion and he has just beaten a guy who lost his last 2 and is now fighting a fellow who has lost 4 and is not too far removed from his defeat to martinez... i think this is the last fightlike this he should be going for...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Just wondering if it's only me that thinks Trout is going to do a number of Alvarez (points wise - im not sure where the fight is going to be held - can't remember) and that Golovkin vs Macklin isnt a mismatch at all!?

I posted a threat a while back about Allvarez and how he hasnt really done anything special besides move quickly for a young fighter - but in terms of level beaten I really don't see much to be honest. Plus he drew a fight -

Same with Golovkin - he went 10 rounds against an old puma a year or 2 back and has beaten really really average fighters since and a couple of those were light middles

I would be inclined to put a double bet on Alvarez and Golovkin both losing their 0's in the enxt fights - not because i think they will but because i think its a minimum 50-50 fight in both cases and william hill have trout at 11/5 ffs which to me seems great odds for a fighter who just beat cot to 116-111 in my book! thoughts?
    I also think Trout will give Alvarez a torrid time,even if Trout wins the fight i cant see him getting the decision.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Trout will box his ears off and get jobbed. I like how this was conveniently moved to Texas. No offense to the Texans on the board but you might as well move this to a parking lot in Indonesia.

If GGG beats Macklin the way he has walked over everybody else I may have to jump on the wagon.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I think Trout will box his ears off and get jobbed. I like how this was conveniently moved to Texas. No offense to the Texans on the board but you might as well move this to a parking lot in Indonesia.

If GGG beats Macklin the way he has walked over everybody else I may have to jump on the wagon.
    I see the Trout-Canelo fight as close. I don't see it a a walkover for Trout. Could Trout win every round? Yes, it is possible. However, I can also see Canelo knocking Trout out. It's not an easy fight to pick a winner in my opinion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I see the Trout-Canelo fight as close. I don't see it a a walkover for Trout. Could Trout win every round? Yes, it is possible. However, I can also see Canelo knocking Trout out. It's not an easy fight to pick a winner in my opinion.

Hey for sure man. Trout could have a glass jaw. I think he will have to knock Alvarez out to get a split decision.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez fight is close but it certainly aint a 50-50 fight. maybe 65-35 in Alvarez' favour. Cant see Trout stopping him tho so would have to be pretty clear cut decision for him to get it.

GGG - Macklin a 50-50 Are you mad I was going to put Golovkin as a 1/7 fav. He is a beast and reckon hell finish Mack in the 7th or 8th. If anyone who thinks this fight is a 50-50 and wants to give me odds of 4/6 on Golovkin Ill gladdly have a wager with them.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alavrez will beat Trout and prove his critics wrong. Macklin v GGG will be a brutal war.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Alvarez fight is close but it certainly aint a 50-50 fight. maybe 65-35 in Alvarez' favour. Cant see Trout stopping him tho so would have to be pretty clear cut decision for him to get it.

GGG - Macklin a 50-50 Are you mad I was going to put Golovkin as a 1/7 fav. He is a beast and reckon hell finish Mack in the 7th or 8th. If anyone who thinks this fight is a 50-50 and wants to give me odds of 4/6 on Golovkin Ill gladdly have a wager with them.
    GGG-Macklin is a fun fight in the making, but I agree GGG should walk through him.

Canelo very well may do as you say, he just hasn't performed against the same level of opposition that Trout has to date. In addition, he was rattled badly by Cotto's brother a few years ago. I also think of Canelo as a guy who will grow into a full junior middlweight, but he's not quite there yet. There's a reason he was fighting blown up welterweights until very recently. Trout is a full-fledged junior middleweight, perhaps even a big one. He moves around the ring a lot too and has a longer reach than Canelo.

Thread Information