Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post
    *What they need to do is set some money aside... maybe 25% of the entire purse... the one who gets a ko gets that money as a bonus.

should there not be a knockout, then the money goes to "the boxing relief fund"..or "Boxers retirement fund" that doesn't exist BUT ,should be made.

the only fights that should be treated in this fashion r the purses that surpass 1 million... a smaller percentag, say.. 15% for $500k fights purses..ect,ect...

This is a retarded idea. Go follow MMA, you'll love it.[/QUOTE]

*lol... really..i thoght it was pretty good.. it creates an incentive to get the ko... and could give revenue to a much need relief fund for old boxers... did u know ,it's said that amatuers with 20 plus fights have very minimal brain damage..it's very minimal, but brain cells have died after just 20-30 amatuer fights...

i love MMA... it's awesome... but i'm a two time GG champion and in my day, sparred with world amatuer national champs- to pan american gold medalist to world champs... and could more than hold my own.. just saying.

p.s... i have ideas and i'm not afraid to put them out there.. don't b that guy that shoots down evey idea, and has none... anyway, just an opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's a stupid idea because your punishing light handed fighters, poor Paulie couldn't make a living. Also may make fighters try too hard for the KO which can sometimes ruin fights.

I agree that 'retirement funds' are needed and I think it should come from the boxing federations cut of the purse, even I it meant them getting a slightly higher %.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by spade View Post

A definition of Groupie from Webster:

"A groupie is a person who seeks emotional and sexual intimacy with a musician or other celebrity or public figure. The term groupie is derived from group, in reference to a musical group,[1] but the word is also used in a more general sense, especially in casual conversation, to mean a particular kind of female fan assumed to be more interested in sex with rock stars than in their music.[2]"

This is not even applicable in here, it's boxing, i am not female nor a Filipino so i don't know what you are talking about. I am voicing my opinion on what there for us to digest.

Donaire still has a better career as a loser than Rigo as a winner, Bradley will concur with me
    Like I said. Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    How did you all have the fight, so far ive collected over 40 press scores who have a variety of scores.

I had it closer than man scoring for Rigondeaux 115-113
    I had it 116-115 for Rigo. I scored 5 rounds even and if i had a gun to my head to pick a winner of each Id have the scores 114-113 to Rigo.
    Doesn't surprise me that you can't score for shit.

*I had it 118-109... Nonito lost 11 rounds... Nonito looks like he undeestimated what Rigo could do... in the end, Nonito's face was a mess as well... anyone who has it for Nonito should be ashamed
    You're right. Donaire did lose 11 rounds. And he barely won the one in which he scored the knock down. Cuz as soon Rigo got up he went back to controlling the fight

BTW your idea about the purses. It's retarded.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 9-3 for Rigondeaux. I don't see Donaire wanting a rematch. He got his ass handed to him.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Close fight had Donaire, winning by 2 rounds it was very close nothing to shout or scream about
    well done Rigondeaux.
    @Dia bando - Agreed, unless you were a Rigon fan, it wasn't a very entertaining fight to watch, especially after all the hype this fight generated.

I don't know what Donaire could do different to win in a rematch, the bottom line is Rigon is good technically, and very hard to hit with clean punches.

cheers
    Yes it was a technical type of fight, sometimes we never get what we want,! Rigon is very slick as
    they say, well it's how it goes but 2 of the very best meet and it's good for boxing.
    Boxing needs more fights like this, the best fighters Champions facing each other.
    "A technical type of fight", it was piss poor and I don't have one good thing to say about it.
    really you couldnt see what they were thinking or what each were trying out?

Out of interest has there been a better technical fight this year you could led me to?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't get points for simply coming forward. That is not effective aggression. For those who scored it for Donaire I would like to know which rounds you thought he won and why you thought so. A round by round breakdown. I'm interested because I just cant see it. I respect the guys that think Donaire won but after watching the fight three times now I just don't see the Donaire rounds.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill have to rewatch it too.
    I gave a few rounds to him cause i thought his shots were more telling 'touch more power' other than that I'd have had those rounds even, only also even because I cant count shots of Rigo's that just touch either, like they do score in amateur fights.

So fairs fair both ways.

The work rate of Rigos arms and foot movement getting in and out of position far outweighted any coming forwards argument too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    You don't get points for simply coming forward. That is not effective aggression. For those who scored it for Donaire I would like to know which rounds you thought he won and why you thought so. A round by round breakdown. I'm interested because I just cant see it. I respect the guys that think Donaire won but after watching the fight three times now I just don't see the Donaire rounds.
    I gave my break down of rounds earlier in this thread but I still had Rigo winning. There was 2 rounds that werer defo Donaires for me and then a few close ones which could have gone either way but a lot of judges would give to Donaire because there was not much between them but he pressed the action

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spade View Post

A definition of Groupie from Webster:

"A groupie is a person who seeks emotional and sexual intimacy with a musician or other celebrity or public figure. The term groupie is derived from group, in reference to a musical group,[1] but the word is also used in a more general sense, especially in casual conversation, to mean a particular kind of female fan assumed to be more interested in sex with rock stars than in their music.[2]"

This is not even applicable in here, it's boxing, i am not female nor a Filipino so i don't know what you are talking about. I am voicing my opinion on what there for us to digest.

Donaire still has a better career as a loser than Rigo as a winner, Bradley will concur with me
    Like I said. Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    How did you all have the fight, so far ive collected over 40 press scores who have a variety of scores.

I had it closer than man scoring for Rigondeaux 115-113
    I had it 116-115 for Rigo. I scored 5 rounds even and if i had a gun to my head to pick a winner of each Id have the scores 114-113 to Rigo.
    Doesn't surprise me that you can't score for shit.

*I had it 118-109... Nonito lost 11 rounds... Nonito looks like he undeestimated what Rigo could do... in the end, Nonito's face was a mess as well... anyone who has it for Nonito should be ashamed
    You're right. Donaire did lose 11 rounds. And he barely won the one in which he scored the knock down. Cuz as soon Rigo got up he went back to controlling the fight

BTW your idea about the purses. It's retarded.
    My scores may be unconventional but i almost always get the true winner. And at the end of the day does it really matter what the score was once the winner is correct?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first round was great and if a casual fan had stayed with it and watched all 12 rounds they would have been surprised that the Philippino guy had turned Pro in 2001 and the Cuban in 2009. Rigondeaux did not look like an 11 pro fight novice and of course his stellar amateur career has endowed him with a great boxing brain and the instinctive ability that grows alongside that kind of competition, but the pro game is different and he made Donaire look clumsy. Nonito is not a one dimensional contender or flash in the pan. He may have been over rated but he has earnt much of the praise heaped upon him in all 4 weight classes, Rigondeaux really is that good. My Mrs would call herself a casual fan and even she was ooh and whoaing at Guillermo's footwork, commenting that if you had paid out to watch this live in the arena you would have got your moneys worth watching a fight like this. I like a tear up as much as the next guy but the level of boxing on display was something else at times and while the flash was made too look slow and ponderous at times it was the opponent who forced him into that mould.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've watched the first few rounds again sober. Rigondeaux was just altogether faster, faster hands, faster feet and he was countering Donaire with enough power not just to stop Donaire walking through him but to make Donaire worried he might get sparked. And that was the fight really. Donaire didn't have a Plan B and Rigondeaux didn't need one. It was basically a twelve round amateur fight for him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never saw Rigo fight before but the guy beat the champ and did it with much skill. It was a surprisingly good fight as I consider myself as a boxing purist fan because I appreciate technique as well as aggressiveness in a match. I also like being surprised every so often.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    I never saw Rigo fight before but the guy beat the champ and did it with much skill. It was a surprisingly good fight as I consider myself as a boxing purist fan because I appreciate technique as well as aggressiveness in a match. I also like being surprised every so often.
    You consider yourself a boxing purist but had never seen Rigo fight before? Bit odd

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn fellas I had to go to a wedding and still haven't got around to watching the fight. I heard it was a great boxing match for a purist and that Rigo was a step ahead of Donaire all night. I had a feeling that might happen. So, Rigo is the real deal, huh? Is there anyone he wouldn't beat at 122? Where does Donaire go from here? From what I gather, it wasn't a complete beat down, he just was defeated by a better man. Does he move up in weight to 126?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A quote from Paulie: "I thought he fought a very smart fight. He made Donaire look ordinary, and that is not easy to do. I don't get it [the criticism of Rigondeaux's performance.] If it was not that easy, then wouldn't Donaire have gotten off more? There's not much difference between casual boxing fans and hardcore boxing fans. Neither knows s--t about boxing," said Malignaggi, 32.

"It's just hardcores watch boxing every week. Rigondeaux started the fight more aggressively than I expected, then kind of tapered off and sat back yet continued to win rounds. In the last round, he came out trying to close the show. When it comes to boxing, this culture -- American -- is probably the most ignorant of all cultures that watch boxing. That includes most of the boxing media here as well."

I like Paulie

Thread Information