Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What will a win over Trout do for Canelo?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What will a win over Trout do for Canelo?

IF Canelo can get over Trout which is by no means an easy task what will a win over Trout do for him? Will people finally give him his dues? I think Canelo has been unlucky in his career as far as opponents. He was going to fight Paul Williams at the time it was a big test for him but sadly Paul got hurt in a career ending accident that left him paralyzed. He was then set to fight Ortiz who was 2 fights removed from a huge upset in Berto and won the WBC belt only to lose it to Mayweather. A huge upset from out of no where came in as Josesito pulled of a win. Canelo chose to fight the winner of that fight and got no props for his win over the smaller guy. He figured a Cotto fight would be big and once again destiny had its way and well here we are Canelo vs Trout not the big name fight he wanted but to people that follow boxing a highly credible fight for him.. So once again I ask if Canelo pulls this off where does he go from here in your books?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What will a win over Trout do for Canelo?

It would mean he beat one truly solid boxer. Since he is young however, I hope that "one" will turn into many solid fighters defeated.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    IF Canelo can get over Trout which is by no means an easy task what will a win over Trout do for him? Will people finally give him his dues? I think Canelo has been unlucky in his career as far as opponents. He was going to fight Paul Williams at the time it was a big test for him but sadly Paul got hurt in a career ending accident that left him paralyzed. He was then set to fight Ortiz who was 2 fights removed from a huge upset in Berto and won the WBC belt only to lose it to Mayweather. A huge upset from out of no where came in as Josesito pulled of a win. Canelo chose to fight the winner of that fight and got no props for his win over the smaller guy. He figured a Cotto fight would be big and once again destiny had its way and well here we are Canelo vs Trout not the big name fight he wanted but to people that follow boxing a highly credible fight for him.. So once again I ask if Canelo pulls this off where does he go from here in your books?
    No he wont get any props for this. He will from me but the usual gobshites will jsut say Trout was a bum. To be honest, the majority of boxing fans are clueless. Sad to say.
    Last edited by Silkeyjoe; 04-17-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saul will win and finally get the respect he deserves, this is probably his most dangerous fight to date.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll only do Alvarez good because most learned boxing fans and boxing pundits at large see Trout as a legitimate contender and challenge for him. So a win over Trout will only add to his already astronomical prestige here in The States and in his home country of Mexico.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Trout is quality fighter. If you take the recent Alvarez opponents:

Baldomir
    Ndou
    Hatton
    Rhodes
    Gomez
    Cintron
    Shot Mosley
    Lopez

Trout is atleast a couple of levels above all of these guys, and also much bigger than most if not all. I think its actually a tough ask for Alvarez to win personally. I'm going for Trout to have won the fight quite comfortably in most peoples eyes, but for the judges to award Alvarez the win via SD......

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trout beat Cotto easily and in his previous fight Cotto gave Mayweather a decent fight or at least didn't look shot. So that proved to me that Trout is a world level fighter. (I picked Cotto to win on the basis of having watched Trout's previous fight in which he looked nothing special and Cotto had look at the very least not shot against Mayweather.)

So if Alvarez beats Trout then unquestionably he proves that he belongs at world level. Of both guys I have only one fight (Cotto-Trout) that gives me any evidence that these guys are worthy of having even an alphabet belt and on that basis I'm picking Trout to win.

Alvarez may belong at the top of the 154 tree but in beating up welters and light welters so far he's proved nothing to me. There are definitely legitimate grounds for not being impressed with him so far because at 154 world level despite having held a belt for a few fights he's done exactly fuck all.

Thread Information