Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

I thought Froch won last time and I think he should win again. He has been at the peak of his career and I think Kessler is on the slide. I wouldn't be surprised to see either guy win though. It should be a fantastic fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I thought Froch won last time and I think he should win again. He has been at the peak of his career and I think Kessler is on the slide. I wouldn't be surprised to see either guy win though. It should be a fantastic fight.
    Kessler won the fight . Come on , just look at the punch outputs. I think Froch wins the rematch but it will be close and may be controversial ( hopefully not)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Kessler vs Froch Rematch: WBA Appoints Their Officials - Boxing News

The winner has to fight Ward in a rematch according to this.
    Only if they want to still be involved with the WBA. There are going to be other bigger momey options available to them like Hopkins, Bute, Pascal, Cleverly. All meaningless fights but all will generate more money and they are both in the twighlight of their careers, they want to earn while they can.

Neither should fight him unless he fights them in their country, fuck Ward, hes still a nobody. Kessler and Froch are the ticket sellers of the division not Ward. Every fight hes had has been in America, even during the super 6 when every one of the other fighters travelled.

Although I will say if they want to do that then this may be as good a time as any to sign up as Ward hasnt fought since last September and then it was someone who couldnt offer a challenge. Draining them down from light heavy. Froch and Kessler would have taken less than half the time to stop that Dawson.
    Last edited by ross; 05-16-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think ward will travel if he is paid enough.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think ward will travel if he is paid enough.
    Thats where hes fucked.

Hes not box office. No one knows who he is and if I were to try explaining to the general boxing fan and show them some footage on facebook they may know then who he is but they wouldnt be any more interested in him.

He is going to have to bite the bullet and take short money, if he is offered to travel but not for what he thinks he is worth. Eliminate all other possible names by beating them and become an attraction that way. Right now, constantly fighting in America when the majority of the division and the middles and light heavies are from Europe does nothing for his appeal.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think ward is paid huge money anyway, probably froch and Kessler are making more than ward is for their last fights. The only challenge there is for ward is to travel as he knows he can beat them at home.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I do not think ward is paid huge money anyway, probably froch and Kessler are making more than ward is for their last fights. The only challenge there is for ward is to travel as he knows he can beat them at home.
    Id actually be interested to see the winner of Kessler v Froch fight Ward in their own country and the loser of Kessler v Froch fight Bika for his title, presuming Bika wins his next bout.

A Froch v Bika fight would be a nice ugly scrap

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Kessler won the fight . Come on , just look at the punch outputs. I think Froch wins the rematch but it will be close and may be controversial ( hopefully not)
    i have watched the fight 4 times, first i was drunk, i saw kessler coming forward throwing a lot of punches and froch pot shotting, i thought kessler won

the other 3 having watched sober i cant see how kessler has won, he was throwing wildly and froch couldnt miss

in the 4th kessler looked like he could be stopped, but then came back into it in the middle rounds with froch finishing stronger
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch To Hopkins: You Want Me? Only at a Catch-Weight! - Boxing News

Froch is willing to face B-hop at a catchweight

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be surprised if Ward did travel abroad in his career but if he ever does consider it he'll want 80% of the purse.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frankly, if the money is right, and the fight is close, and Froch wins, I don't see why they don't do a grudge match.

ICB Guest

I think Kessler won the 1st fight quite clearly although it was somewhat close, but based on form you'd have to go for Carl Froch.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Carl has had an excellent result against Bute but Kessler would have matched it, maybe quicker.

Remember, Bute only wanted to travel and use Froch as an opponent because of how shite and slow he looked against Ward. Bute thought, "Ahhh... Froch has just had the poorest showing of his career, he is the perfect opponent for my next fight!"

Whereas Kessler was coming off beating Froch and knocking someone else out. Froch was viewed as finished when Bute was looking at him. Kessler was still dangerous.

Frochs last fight was absolutely pointless. A weight drained journeyman. Id rather see an old name brought up in weight not a never was journeyman brought down. At least an old name can still have the energy to look after himself and possibly have the skill to cause problems, like Ouma and Spinks did to Taylor.

I don't think Froch is any better now than when he fought Ward, or Kessler. All that happened is he started faster against Bute who would never had dealt with Kesslers either.

If Kessler is still doing the weight ok and is injury free its going to go the same way.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by Tam Seddon; 05-17-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information