Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Canelo will lose....

He's too young and inexperienced (against REAL opposition) to compete with a guy like Floyd, a guy who has forgotten more about boxing than a young kid like Canelo has ever known.

It's an interesting fight, I'd love to see Canelo pull it off, but I highly doubt it.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is a light middle, were Floyd is not the bigger stronger fighter is Canelo, Floyd will not
    spark him , as he does not have the punch power at the weight.!
    I feel he will push Floyd,! but he may not win but he will give a good account of himself, or
    Floyd may fold stranger things have happened.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some good points in this thread. I actually didn't realize how stationary Alvarez was until rewatching the Trout fight and looking for it, he truly does have slow feet and really isn't much of a counter puncher. I think that combined with his never seeing anything like Floyd will really make it a tough ask for him to even be competitive in the fight.

I doubt he poses any more of a threat than Victor Ortiz did come to think of it, they are quite similar in their approach except that Alvarez is even more stationary and isn't a southpaw. Of course he is also bigger and stronger, but I think that's just going to dupe people into thinking he has a chance here. Stylistically it's another really easy Floyd win imo.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo will hurt Floyd to the body, dominate with his height and reach, pressurise with youth and determination, hurt Floyd with his speed and timing and seal the victory his size and power. Trust me I know what I am saying.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo will hurt Floyd to the body, dominate with his height and reach, pressurise with youth and determination, hurt Floyd with his speed and timing and seal the victory his size and power. Trust me I know what I am saying.
    the only problem with theories like that is they seem to forget to mention the fact that floyd has two hands that he throws punches with, punches that wether people admit or not, hurt pretty bad

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    the only problem with theories like that is they seem to forget to mention the fact that floyd has two hands that he throws punches with, punches that wether people admit or not, hurt pretty bad
    Floyd has brittle hands and does not punch hard. Besides Canelo has an iron chin and will walk through his punches. Floyd will never get a ko again in his career.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has brittle hands and does not punch hard. Besides Canelo has an iron chin and will walk through his punches. Floyd will never get a ko again in his career.
    @Master You do realise that Khan is likely next right?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    @Master You do realise that Khan is likely next right?
    OK other than Khan (THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO MENTION ORTIZ DQ)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude this should be on the hater thread

Thread Information