Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Early poll Haye v Fury

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Early poll Haye v Fury

So basically all Fury can brag about is getting off the floor and roughing up a smaller, older man and stopping him by ilegally using his elbow?

For once you're 100% right - Haye can't make the same claim. I'm sure he'll settle for being the unified cruiserweight champion of the world and holding the WBA heavyweight title instead.

You keep bringing up Thompson, by comparing the inexperienced Haye to the current Fury all you're basically saying is that Tyson Fury is on the same level that David Haye was EIGHT years ago...

And again (twice! :0) you're 100% right, the David Haye that punched himself out and got dropped by an old cruiserweight would get beaten by the current version of David Haye in 4 rounds... The Tyson Fury that got dropped hard by an old cruiserweight and had to pull every dirty trick that he could to get a sketchy stoppage would ALSO get stopped by the current version of Haye in 4 rounds.

The problem for you is that the Tyson Fury that got shown up by the older, smaller guy IS the current version. :-/

If it helps your fantasy, then by all means keep kidding yourself that Fury is fighting the Cruiserweight novice from 8 years ago.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Fury gon win. Fury isn't gonna lose to a inactive, part time boxer.
    Why not? He had to pick himself up off his arse and foul his way to a win against an old cruiserweight and Haye has a better pedigree than the twxi drivers that make up Fury's record.

Theres more than a remote probability that he might lose to an 'inactive, part time boxer'...

(Also, is there such a thing as an inactive full time boxer or an active part time boxer? Just curious)
    That is to his credit. Haye couldnt do the same.

Good point Ross, alot is made of the Cunningham knockdown but Fury got up to win. When Haye was the same he got dropped vs an old cruiserweight but he didnt get up to win

Still think he fights come too soon or Fury but wouldnt mind seeing him win. Hayes had hi chance and was very disappointing. Fury has more of a fighters heart so lets see how he does vs a Klitschko.

If i was a betting man Id put money on Haye
    Haye was on his feet when stopped and Haye isn't 6 foot 9...

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Fury is shameful , he fighting his second over 30 Blown up cruiser , not the way to prepare yourself for the 18 stone Wlad. TUT TUT shame on your Fury you bully.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The good thing about fury somehow winning would be that he would likely end up fighting Wlad, who would quickly expose the fact that being 6 foot 9 and fighting short taxi drivers doesn't require a great deal of pure boxing ability. Level that playing feild and you see just how far from elite his other attributes are...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am absolutely astonished that people who I used to regard as knowledgable boxing fans cannot see that this is going to be an early haye blow out of fury. Fury is far too slow for haye and will be smacked into next week as soon as he tries taking the fight to haye. Fury will not be standing by the end of the 4th.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Hold on!

A few people, el kabong was one of, said that Adamek was in the top 5 heavies..

Cunningham had just been robbed against him in his previous fight, is only 36 to Thmpsons 40! Was a genuine world champ, knocked out Marco Huck which Povetkin couldnt do and he had never been stopped!

Thompson had retired and been knocked out 5 times in his 6 losses. Haye couldnt even drop him but ex middle weight Eubank did 6 years before when Thmpson was fresher and had taken less of a beating.

Cunningham was a dangerous fight for any contender coming up. Thompsson was supposed to be a walk over and he should have been.
    So you are concluding that David Haye isn't bigger better and more experienced than when he fought Carl Thompson ?
    Or what is your point ?
    Im not trying to beat you down im just confused at your logic.
    I understand you like Fury which is fine , but im not the only one who thinks you are blinded by this fact.
    My logic is that as bad as Haye looked in his fights with Mock and Thompson he managed to go on to win a world title.

Fury has shown he has more fight in him up to this point. Hes had those gut checks and come through them well. Its a more promising start to a career than Haye had. Dont write afury off because he has looked vulnerable. All hes done is been learning and he has not only improved fight by fight, hes improved during fights, turning fights around to totally dominate the opponent.

Its a risky opponent for Fury but one that needs to be beaten to forge an even better challenger to beat a Klitschko and I am not the only person who thinks that Furys will to win will be too much for Haye, especially at this point in his career.

In fact, I can see Haye now, after being bullied around, staying on his stool between rounds and screaming "IM A CELEBRITY, HET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Last edited by ross; 07-12-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I am absolutely astonished that people who I used to regard as knowledgable boxing fans cannot see that this is going to be an early haye blow out of fury. Fury is far too slow for haye and will be smacked into next week as soon as he tries taking the fight to haye. Fury will not be standing by the end of the 4th.
    uhhm If you look at the poll it's clear the overwhelming majority of us see a haye victory, by ko. altho we're going to have to eat a shit ton of crow if freakin fury was to pull it off somehow someway, not saying its likely but boxing is full of crazy shit

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So basically all Fury can brag about is getting off the floor and roughing up a smaller, older man and stopping him by ilegally using his elbow?

For once you're 100% right - Haye can't make the same claim. I'm sure he'll settle for being the unified cruiserweight champion of the world and holding the WBA heavyweight title instead.

You keep bringing up Thompson, by comparing the inexperienced Haye to the current Fury all you're basically saying is that Tyson Fury is on the same level that David Haye was EIGHT years ago...

And again (twice! :0) you're 100% right, the David Haye that punched himself out and got dropped by an old cruiserweight would get beaten by the current version of David Haye in 4 rounds... The Tyson Fury that got dropped hard by an old cruiserweight and had to pull every dirty trick that he could to get a sketchy stoppage would ALSO get stopped by the current version of Haye in 4 rounds.

The problem for you is that the Tyson Fury that got shown up by the older, smaller guy IS the current version. :-/

If it helps your fantasy, then by all means keep kidding yourself that Fury is fighting the Cruiserweight novice from 8 years ago.
    Cunningham was still very relevant and in the heavyweight division. He should have got the decision afainst Adamek who el kabong believes to currently be in the top 5.

The thompson that Haye lost to was 40, had 6 losses, been knocked out 5 times, been dropped in almost every fight and had retired.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm rooting for Fury, I think it would be better for boxing if he wins. It would set up a huge heavyweight fight between Fury and Wladimir Klitschko.

However, although Fury has a real chance of winning if he can survive the early rounds, the most likely outcome is Haye by KO.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cunningham was still very relevant and in the heavyweight division. He should have got the decision afainst Adamek who el kabong believes to currently be in the top 5.

The thompson that Haye lost to was 40, had 6 losses, been knocked out 5 times, been dropped in almost every fight and had retired.
    And Fury had had TWICE as many fights as Haye had and enjoyed a massive height, reach and weight advantage and he still managed to get dropped by a single shot whilst he was still fresh in the fight. Haye punched himself out due to inexperience, Fury got dropped hard because he is a weak chinned lummox.

It's all moot because, again - fury isn't fighting haye from 8 YEARS ago, but Haye is fighting the Fury from 10 weeks ago.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used it as an example to say, Haye improved from looking like shit. fury hasnt been beaten up like that so he has as much chance, if not more to improve.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye will face a late stoppage or points defeat. Fury will be leaning, jabbing and roughing up David to near exhaustion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    uhhm If you look at the poll it's clear the overwhelming majority of us see a haye victory, by ko. altho we're going to have to eat a shit ton of crow if freakin fury was to pull it off somehow someway, not saying its likely but boxing is full of crazy shit
    Im absolutely astonished that he used to regard ross as a knowledgable boxing fan

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Im absolutely astonished that he used to regard ross as a knowledgable boxing fan
    So when I turn out to be right does that instantly make you lot a bunch of no nothings?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    So when I turn out to be right does that instantly make you lot a bunch of no nothings?
    I actually guess he was talking about Master not you Ross. Noone thnks you are a knowledgable boxing fan

Thread Information