Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A funny story about a bully gangster rapper named 40 Glocc from the streets of LA

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A funny story about a bully gangster rapper named 40 Glocc from the streets of LA

I only read the last sentence
    Sure you did.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A funny story about a bully gangster rapper named 40 Glocc from the streets of LA

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I only read the last sentence
    Sure you did.
    I'm not even kidding, skimmed over the first few as well but saw you weren't going to explain why you recanted and instead just provide detail of military life that had nothing to do with anything I've said. Having now read it in full I simply regret that I did. So instead of your privates pushing this gangster down the stairs, you personally beat him up, why wasn't that obvious huh. Stick to sorting out mouth breathers.
    Last edited by p4pking; 08-12-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't recant anything. You made some false assumptions from my post probably due to your prejudices so I explained to you what I was talking about. The military is a different lifestyle, you are not familiar with it and don't' understand it and that is fine but you shouldn't make blanket generalizations about a large group of people or insult someones profession b/c you don't understand it or agree with it. Hey man bigotry is often accompanied with low morals and ignorance. You'd fit right in.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your post was hardly vague ffs. My prejudices lead me to believe that after this guy "fell down a flight of stairs" followed by your commenting that privates can be so clumsy, they might have had something to do with that. I'm glad it wasn't like that and you personally kicked his ass instead, clearly I was way off.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would I put it in parentheses if that was literally what happened? Did I say I kicked his ass? Neither instance would be classified as getting beat up or having ones ass kicked. Both occasions they swing, I execute a take down and ultimately a submission using the training I had been trying to get them to participate in. Leadership is about assessing what motivates a person and leveraging it. These two young men needed to see there was value in what the Army had to offer them but they had to play ball. Having what they thought of as an old white guy put them on their ass changed their perspective. Last I heard from them both were still serving successfully. I know you really want this to be some neanderthal episode but it was a leadership success. If you don't understand it, thats fine but you shouldn't espouse sweeping generalizations about a group of people and profession, particularly when you aren't familiar with it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't care whether he literally fell down stairs, but your post clearly implied that it was some privates who beat him up one way or another. My point wasn't about specifics of serving in the military, it was a sweeping generalization about people who are drawn to positions of force period. Most people don't have to worry about having people swing at them or submission holds on a regular work day, you know

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your post clearly implied that it was some privates who beat him up one way or another.
    No it didn't'. "Clumsy privates" was in reference to the person that metaphorically "fell down the stairs" and "slipped in the shower" not the imaginary mob of lower enlisted.

it was a sweeping generalization about people who are drawn to positions of force period
    Splitting hairs about who you were stereotyping seems a little silly. You yourself stated you thought a Soldier was a position of force so yeah you cobbled them under that generalization as well.

Most people don't have to worry about having people swing at them or submission holds on a regular work day, you know
    Not really sure what relevance this has.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course you aren't. A soldier isn't a position of force? Dear god, lets just agree to disagree on that then.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What? Did I say anything about that above? It seems pretty nebulous to me. It is your term bro. You can have it mean whatever you want but whether you did it originally or later in the thread you definitely included service members in your generalization.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am re asserting that a soldier is indeed a position of force, I don't know how that is remotely vague. Force only pertains to physicality by it's very definition. Your reading comprehension is really wanting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I am re asserting that a soldier is indeed a position of force, I don't know how that is remotely vague. Force only pertains to physicality by it's very definition.
    You were clear about this already. A Soldier/LEO is a position of force, people that desire positions of force are of low morality and don't require intelligence to accomplish their jobs. Right? So your generalization encompasses service members. I don't know why you are doubling back to how you define it or how it applies to a profession of arms, and I'm assuming you are just using soldier as a generic term for all service members.

Your reading comprehension is really wanting.
    You aren't exactly winning any reading comprehension awards either my friend.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I am re asserting that a soldier is indeed a position of force, I don't know how that is remotely vague. Force only pertains to physicality by it's very definition.
    You were clear about this already. A Soldier/LEO is a position of force, people that desire positions of force are of low morality and don't require intelligence to accomplish their jobs. Right? So your generalization encompasses service members. I don't know why you are doubling back to how you define it or how it applies to a profession of arms, and I'm assuming you are just using soldier as a generic term for all service members.

Your reading comprehension is really wanting.
    You aren't exactly winning any reading comprehension awards either my friend.
    Low morality and low intelligence aren't mutually exclusive, I never said that whatsoever. I got sidetracked since you brought up leadership roles etc, and to play devils advocate on that there are many very bright and hardworking criminals as well, many of them unofficially so. For what it's worth I do exude you from my generalization, and I appreciate you entertaining my argument. You certainly represent your profession better than any service members I've known.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All righty then, take care.

Thread Information