Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Filipino Flash/Mikey Garcia HBO doubleheader 11/9.. Donaire coming back @126

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Filipino Flash/Mikey Garcia HBO doubleheader 11/9.. Donaire coming back @126

WBO is forcing Martinez to face Garcia and if Nonito gets a decent opponent, it's going to be a great night of Boxing!

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Filipino Flash/Mikey Garcia HBO doubleheader 11/9.. Donaire coming back @126

Garcia beats both Martinez and Donaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Filipino Flash/Mikey Garcia HBO doubleheader 11/9.. Donaire coming back @126

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Garcia beats both Martinez and Donaire

On the same night even.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VD and Onyx, mikey would beat donaire but that's because he is naturally the bigger fighter. Garcia is a natural LW-JWW boiling down to fight these smaller guys which I don't blame but still, we won't know what he's really made of until he faces somebody his own size.

Donaire was just the same. He was wrecking guys in the lower weights but hasn't shown the same effect above 118.

Its not even fair to put these guys in the same sentence right now. Mikey is supposed to beat the smaller doanire.

Mikey is now fighting at 130 but hell still have the size advantage over everybody.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd laugh my ass off at Donaire-Mikey, he seemed to enjoy picking on brave bantamweights.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Donaire v Vic the crab 2 was a safe bet? If that happens HBO needs to officially hand the steering wheel to Showtime and just climb into the backseat.

Garcia should do a number on Martinez but I cant see a Donaire match up. Garcia is doing his share of trinket collecting and this has to be a quick pit stop.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is everyone counting out Donaire if he fought Garcia? I'm undecided who wins this, but Garcia is no Rigo. By saying that, I mean Garcia has a totally different style than Rigo , and think Donaire could use his speed to make this a 50/50 fight, despite a very slight size advantage .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    Why is everyone counting out Donaire if he fought Garcia? I'm undecided who wins this, but Garcia is no Rigo. By saying that, I mean Garcia has a totally different style than Rigo , and think Donaire could use his speed to make this a 50/50 fight, despite a very slight size advantage .
    Because Donaire is a natural featherweight who got to much credit for fighting Super Flyweights and bantamweights plus an Arce planning retirement. Mikey on the other hand is about to run through 130 on his way to lightweight. In no way is this fight 50/50.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a two way street by him being no Rigo. He...Garcia...does have the boxing, fast hands, natural size and hits a hell of a lot harder too. Being career at same weight and maturing into growth rather than what is starting to feel like a multiple jump rush job at 30 for Donaire can't be ignored. Donaire looks fleshy now and got into a bad habit of loading up trying to be Shavers and away from basic 101 set up. When he was required to shift game he had no answers. Garcia would do damage on that dude with fast accurate combos and gets him out.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HBO's treatment of Donaire and Rigondeaux after their fight is pathetic. It's not as if that was a one off, and Nonito just couldn't get around the style. He was in several boring decisions prior to that, and hasn't looked a beast since he's had to fight bigger guys who won't come right at him. Why on earth does Guillermo deserve more blame than he does for that fight(not that any is deserved) It was not boring, Rigondeaux boxed beautifully, was dropped hard late and fought back to rearrange Donaires face the next round. It was Donaire who had nothing to offer so much of the time and just plodded around, yet he is still going to be pushed upon us at a HIGHER weight division, meanwhile Rigondeaux can't get a fight on the network period.
    This would be like giving Angulo another big TV fight before Lara gets one, and watch that happen as well

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    HBO's treatment of Donaire and Rigondeaux after their fight is pathetic. It's not as if that was a one off, and Nonito just couldn't get around the style. He was in several boring decisions prior to that, and hasn't looked a beast since he's had to fight bigger guys who won't come right at him. Why on earth does Guillermo deserve more blame than he does for that fight(not that any is deserved) It was not boring, Rigondeaux boxed beautifully, was dropped hard late and fought back to rearrange Donaires face the next round. It was Donaire who had nothing to offer so much of the time and just plodded around, yet he is still going to be pushed upon us at a HIGHER weight division, meanwhile Rigondeaux can't get a fight on the network period.
    This would be like giving Angulo another big TV fight before Lara gets one, and watch that happen as well
    It probably will, I figured you would be pro Donaire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigondeaux should try to sign with Showtime. The guy is a major talent. Hbo , as much as I love Hbo boxing, they are wasting his talent by not being interested in him. A true boxing fan is interested in true boxing talent. Floyd Mayweather fights aren't always exciting, but it's the crafty things fighters do, that makes us true boxing fans appreciate them.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    I couldn't care less what you figured.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    I couldn't care less what you figured.
    Stop being a zombie.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigondeaux should try to sign with Showtime. The guy is a major talent. Hbo , as much as I love Hbo boxing, they are wasting his talent by not being interested in him. A true boxing fan is interested in true boxing talent. Floyd Mayweather fights aren't always exciting, but it's the crafty things fighters do, that makes us true boxing fans appreciate them.
    Hope he'll find his way back. Rigo was on Cbs, FNF and Showtime before HBO showcased him in a couple. His big mistake was clowning the network glory boy rather than letting him ride his pop by just falling over, and now Hbo has a huge case of foot in mouth and treat Rigo like a pesky grocery clear trying to collect on a bill.

Thread Information