Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should we support the Syrian rebels?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you for or against intervening in Syria?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Are you for or against intervening in Syria?

It seems the chimes of war are out in force yet again. Personally, I have a hard time trusting anything said on our side. Even if Assad was mad enough to play into our hands by using chemical weapons, I still don't understand why these weapons are more important than white phosphorous used against Palestinians or the bombs which will be dropped by our own weapons or why 100,000 dead, was all about waiting for 'chemical' weapons. Furthermore, supporting the other side looks pretty much like supporting various factions of Al Qaeda and nobody in their right mind would support that.

I am 100% against getting involved as quite simply, we have no idea what we are playing with. All this evidence John Kerry is talking about is something that still isn't released to us, and in this day and age, we know the Americans will doctor anything to go to war.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Are you for or against intervening in Syria?

This is a clusterfuck....for a guy who hates George W. Bush he's out W-ing W when it comes to foreign policy stupidity. At the very least W got use of force in Iraq authorized by Congress....Obama isn't even doing that, he's looking past Congress, past the UN, and why? Because he said there was a "red line", Asad crossed it (although apparently the rebels have too) and now he doesn't want to look like a punk.

Secretary of State John Kerry once blasted George W. Bush for going to war in Iraq without a plan for peace....well how will we win the peace in Syria?

Also it's fucking idiotic that we're mad that Asad's military apparently indiscriminately targeted innocent civilians with chemical weapons so we're going to indiscriminately lob missiles and bombs into Syria killing....anyone? anyone? INNOCENT CIVILIANS.

Barack Obama is further fucking up in an area people never knew could be fucked up any further. I would LOVE for an Obama supporter to explain why it's in our best interests to intervene in a Civil War?

Syria is Russia's satellite state, let THEM fix it! And honestly if you're giving me a choice of "Who do you support Asad or the 'rebels'?" I will say Asad because although he's a thug dictator he'll only gas HIS people, Al Queda want those weapons....don't doubt it and they WILL use them against the United States and our Allies.

This is just more proof that Obama has no clue about what he's doing....he has no clue

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it is wise intervening, best leave well alone the West should learn by it's mistakes,
    to many faction's involved who do you back, a mine field of problems for those who get involved,!
    sorry we may fight and give our lives for them, today friend tomorrow foe.

Very sad seeing people being killed,but in this case stay out of the Middle East what price oil
    I tell you a very high price indeed.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 08-28-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am against bloodshed, but what has to happen will happen. One book starting with B predicts some major conflict very soon, it might be Syria. Every country around Israel will be on fire

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    I am against bloodshed, but what has to happen will happen. One book starting with B predicts some major conflict very soon, it might be Syria. Every country around Israel will be on fire
    You are a sick little twit.

El Kabong Guest

You can never lose a bet predicting there will be turmoil in the Middle East.

It's not Judgment Day or The Apocalypse or The Rapture....but since Russia, China, and now the United States and our allies are getting involved this COULD lead us to World War III fairly easily. All it takes is for one of the groups involved to step outside the sandbox of Syria say into Iran or Iraq and shit could hit the fan real quick.

Its a wrong move by the United States to get involved...and I'm a person who is typically all for the US whipping some ass, it's just the stakes to this game are going to be mighty high.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Revelation predicts alot of things.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You are a sick little twit.
    It is only your opinion. I will pray for you, bro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although Assad is a cunt for using chemical weapons against his own people I think it would be an absolute mess if we intervened. The 'rebels' is such a loose term for loads of factions in Syria ranging from pro Western to pro Al Qaeda who only have being anti-Assad in common. If we took the government of Syria out what direction could the country take? It would be even more divided. Sometimes western ideologies don't work, Egypt being the prime example. After taking the military rulers out and a year of democracy its gone full circle and the countries right back to where it was before the Arab Spring. Sorry for the long winded reply but for those reasons I voted no

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there Oil there ??.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    Although Assad is a cunt for using chemical weapons against his own people I think it would be an absolute mess if we intervened. The 'rebels' is such a loose term for loads of factions in Syria ranging from pro Western to pro Al Qaeda who only have being anti-Assad in common. If we took the government of Syria out what direction could the country take? It would be even more divided. Sometimes western ideologies don't work, Egypt being the prime example. After taking the military rulers out and a year of democracy its gone full circle and the countries right back to where it was before the Arab Spring. Sorry for the long winded reply but for those reasons I voted no
    The answer to the question is simple.

No matter what religion you are or whatever you believe in you have just got to put yourself or your family in that situation.

Usa and uk seem and act like they own the world and intervene in whatever they want.

The UN are a waste of space and never do what there suppose to be doing.

If it was your children and family getting blown to bits and terrorised wouldnt you want anyone regardless of country to get involved?

So would I.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    The answer to the question is simple.

No matter what religion you are or whatever you believe in you have just got to put yourself or your family in that situation.

Usa and uk seem and act like they own the world and intervene in whatever they want.

The UN are a waste of space and never do what there suppose to be doing.

If it was your children and family getting blown to bits and terrorised wouldnt you want anyone regardless of country to get involved?

So would I.
    I agree but intervening with force would just throw Syria into even more turmoil than its already in with an even longer and harder rebuilding process than what happened with Iraq

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WW3 coming up.
    Rest of the world vs syria, russia and the biggest army in the world china.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It seems the chimes of war are out in force yet again. Personally, I have a hard time trusting anything said on our side. Even if Assad was mad enough to play into our hands by using chemical weapons, I still don't understand why these weapons are more important than white phosphorous used against Palestinians or the bombs which will be dropped by our own weapons or why 100,000 dead, was all about waiting for 'chemical' weapons. Furthermore, supporting the other side looks pretty much like supporting various factions of Al Qaeda and nobody in their right mind would support that.

I am 100% against getting involved as quite simply, we have no idea what we are playing with. All this evidence John Kerry is talking about is something that still isn't released to us, and in this day and age, we know the Americans will doctor anything to go to war.
    Seriously Miles? Did you have a propagandist write this for you? It's full of spin and mis-direction. Unsurprisingly it fulfils your aganda. Even the phrasing of the poll is completely biased.

What is the question?

Should we support the Syrian rebels ?

or

Are you for or against intervening in Syria ?

You seem entirely comfortable using the death and poisoning of innocent people, many of them women and children, blinded, maimed, burnt and asphyxiated to make a silly political point about Palestine. So you are now picking and choosing which is the most fashionable rebel army to support ?

What do you suggest we do ? Cross the street ? leave the robbed and beaten Samaritan to die ? Interesting how you have aligned yourself with those of supposedly opposite views of late and revealed yourself as the right wing conservative you always were.
    As a liberal I think supporting the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule is not something that should remain only the privilege of the west. And there you go and align yourselves with those who use the philosophy that formed their country like a dirty word.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

So beanz you're OK with Al Qaeda getting their hands on chemical weapons? That's what toppling Asad will get us. I'm a bellicose motherfucker but even I am against this move.

Thread Information