Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default bradley got another gift

i had JMM winning 116-112. there were definitely some close rounds but 116-112 for bradley is a bit wide. im not saying that this is a terrible decision but i did think that JMM definitely deserved the nod. i assumed that after bradley got the gift against pac, that the judges would be more harsh on him (not that im saying i would agree with that). i just do not like bradley. especially the face he made when the one scorecard was given to JMM. does he actually think he won convincingly? i have never liked bradley and i still dont.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: bradley got another gift

Nope, Bradley clearly earned that he boxed very well. Made Marquez lead most of the fight and was a lot more effective picking his spots than I thought he could be. Very good performance from him.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't say one way or another. The link I had kept slowing up and speeding down. What I made out was JMM doing well but too much of the fight wasn't playing right.I have to say if Bradley did get a clean win good for him. in both the Prod and Manny fight he got some gifts. I really thought JMM would dominate and apparently I was wrong. I guess Bradley v Mayweather would be in the picture now. Will he rematch Manny to see if he can cement his standing. Well, good for Bradley, always nice to see a bunch of sad Mexicans and LGBTs on the same night.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Bradley had HBO giving him the fight 10-2.

The fix was in.

This was a closer fight than the Bradley Pac fight, but Bradley still lost.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a close fight.

The HBO commentators were extremely biased against Marquez.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Yes Bradley had HBO giving him the fight 10-2.

The fix was in.

This was a closer fight than the Bradley Pac fight, but Bradley still lost.
    Don't see it as a gift, very close fight that I personally had a draw but I saw no domination and in no way do I see 10-2 that's crazy

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Bradley 8-4. The fight was at a pace that JMM couldn't handle and he spent a lot of time looking for openings that he either couldn't find or capitalize on. I thought he seemed lost a lot of the time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt call it a gift. It was close. I saw a lot of punches blocked in the middle rounds where the. commintators were giving them to bradley marquez had the same problem he did against chris john and that is he didnt do enought to win the fight on points.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my problem is that it was fought at a slower pace than marquez wanted, but bradley fought very slowly too. marquez seemed to land the better punches through most of the rounds. bradley usually likes fighting at a faster pace and winning because he overwhelms his opponent. he didnt do that at all.

maybe saying a gift is a bit much but i thought that JMM definitely deserved the W.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Nope, Bradley clearly earned that he boxed very well. Made Marquez lead most of the fight and was a lot more effective picking his spots than I thought he could be. Very good performance from him.

Ran away with it in the last half and especially the last 1/4. Almost got a kd in the 12th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As someone who believes Marquez has 3 wins and a draw over Pac, and came into tonight's fight thinking 'no one can beat Marquez except Mayweather,' I have to say Marquez clearly got out boxed tonight. 115-113 is the closest score I could consider. Bradley (just like Garcia) must now be considered in the P4P. Head butts notwithstanding, that could be an interesting fight w FMM.

On a side note, if JMM is going to continue, he needs to have someone else in the corner with him DURING the fight. IMO Nacho was completely ineffective. Don't think hes too old; JMM needed fresh eyes to help him execute what he is capable of. Someone to say 'right counter over the jab' and 'focus on the body this round.' If he gets that, I think he can still compete P4P.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria View Post
    As someone who believes Marquez has 3 wins and a draw over Pac, and came into tonight's fight thinking 'no one can beat Marquez except Mayweather,' I have to say Marquez clearly got out boxed tonight. 115-113 is the closest score I could consider. Bradley (just like Garcia) must now be considered in the P4P. Head butts notwithstanding, that could be an interesting fight w FMM.

On a side note, if JMM is going to continue, he needs to have someone else in the corner with him DURING the fight. IMO Nacho was completely ineffective. Don't think hes too old; JMM needed fresh eyes to help him execute what he is capable of. Someone to say 'right counter over the jab' and 'focus on the body this round.' If he gets that, I think he can still compete P4P.
    how is it possible that you've been a member on saddo's since 2005 and only have 1 cool click that i just gave you 2 minutes ago?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What was clear tonight is that Marquez based his world around fighting a southpaw of a certain style. Every uppercut he threw tonight that landed on Manny missed Bradley.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria View Post

how is it possible that you've been a member on saddo's since 2005 and only have 1 cool click that i just gave you 2 minutes ago?
    Now 2

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've said all along and maintain if Marquez wants to be at his best he needs to lose some of that bulk. Unless he intends to sit on one punch all fight every fight it isn't serving him well.

FTR I was rooting for Marquez but thought Bradley clearly won.

Thread Information