Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default There's "tragedies"..... and then there's THIS

Adrian Peterson: NFL Minnesota Vikings running back met his son for first time while he was in the hospital after beating by Joseph Patterson, the mother's boyfriend, so severe it likely killed the boy | Mail Online

People throw the word "tragedy" around much too loosely nowadays. But once in awhile something happens that truly defines the word. For anyone who has children, and even those who don't, this story is a real tragedy.

For those unfamiliar with the NFL, Adrian Peterson is one of its bonafide stars. In addition, a real decent human being, who last season overcame a serious knee injury to have one of his best seasons ever. Apparently Peterson had had this son out of wedlock and didn't know about it until recently. But as reported, was planning to meet his young son and become a part of his life. Unfortunately, he never got that chance. What's amazing is that he has chosen to play this Sunday. Personally, I don't see how his mind can be 100% in the game.

I was texted a real heartbreaking poster of the deceased son as an angel in a Minnesota Vikings uniform, either giving or receiving a football from his famous dad. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

Unfortunately, the young woman who had given birth to Peterson's child didn't have the common sense to avoid living with a man with a history of child abuse, as has been made clear in the press. It points out the hardships of having children raised by step-parents, especially where you have no control over what's going on.

Very, very, very sad news indeed.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: There's "tragedies"..... and then there's THIS

Peterson met son for first time after beating | New York Post

It is tragic, but AP, had JUST met his son when he was on life support. So I don't think it's anywhere close to losing someone you cared for, fed, changed the diapers on, loved, every second of their life...although I am certain it was/is traumatic, but it's also a different case as well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a scumbag, who could possibly beat a toddler like that?

El Kabong Guest

Props to AP for dropping everything and being there when he DID find out about this kid. I mean he could have been heartless and never bothered to go see the kid...so there is the effort put forth by AP and he I am certain hurts from this loss. It would weigh heavy on anyone's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    What a scumbag, who could possibly beat a toddler like that?
    Sometimes I could understand. let's be honest kids are frustrating, they are needy, and noisy, and demand attention, they will take up every second of your free time, and those things can make someone (especially someone who isn't the biological parent) resentful. But it is a horrendous thing to do, it's unforgivable...sure you can FEEL resentful, but acting out on it and physically harming a child is reprehensible much less harming one to the point they die. They need to throw that bastard UNDER the jail.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh for sure, I can understand why someone would be annoyed at a child. When I hear a baby's cry it goes right through me. Its the same when I hear of guys who beat their women; I've been at points in relationships where I've been so angry I wanted to hit my woman, I think everyone has.

But I think feeling like doing it and actually doing it is what seperates human beings from savages.

And no matter how angry you get at a crying baby, there's gotta be something in your head that just won't let you harm a baby.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you guys here about this demon bitch? There should be a special place in Hell for people who do harm to infants!
    Prosecutors: Woman Killed Baby Granddaughter With Sledge Hammer, Knife « CBS Chicago

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely horrendous...

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did you guys here about this demon bitch? There should be a special place in Hell for people who do harm to infants!
    Prosecutors: Woman Killed Baby Granddaughter With Sledge Hammer, Knife � CBS Chicago
    Gee, thanks for bringing that to my attention

Thread Information