Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another girl mauled to death by dog.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another girl mauled to death by dog.

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I've actually thought about a Hitchcock style "Cats" movie before, it could work.
    There is already a fictionalized movie about factual events. Worth the watch if you get the chance.

Its like Jaws on land, professional hunter brought in etc.

It did happen though.

The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) - IMDb
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I've actually thought about a Hitchcock style "Cats" movie before, it could work.
    There is already a fictionalized movie about factual events. Worth the watch if you get the chance.

Its like Jaws on land, professional hunter brought in etc.

It did happen though.

The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) - IMDb

I love that movie. Its one of those easy to watch again flicks.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Cheers mate its on the library list for when I get back to reading.

Yeah and that movie id watch it again when it came around. Horrific could you imagine it?

Apparently it happened again more recently and they studied the Lions carcass to see if they could find a reason and found it to have broken infected teeth. That not only made it inefective at hunting normal prey but got it more wild by slowly poisoning it slowly but surly;the teeth being close to the brain sent it loopy and hungry so it went after what was easiest.

They've found the same pattern in sharks that cant fight for food in the deep they get sicker weaker until they come right in in the cover of dusk or dawn and there you are splashing around pissing in the water.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool, haven't heard of that movie and I like both actors, will write it down. I was thinking more along the lines of millions of crazed housecats with some kind of mutant strain of airborne disease done Hitchcock style, so maybe I'll still pitch it to Scorsese one of these days.

You guys heard of this? Pretty crazy, must have been quite a beast.

Champawat Tiger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool, haven't heard of that movie and I like both actors, will write it down. I was thinking more along the lines of millions of crazed housecats with some kind of mutant strain of airborne disease done Hitchcock style, so maybe I'll still pitch it to Scorsese one of these days.

Damn.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Your neighbours German Shepard was a bitch then. My dog would eat any cat smaller than a Lynx if they were in a room together, but a cat would be way more likely to do anything to a kid. If cats were the size of a bulldog they would be murderers.
    To be honest I have had both cats and dogs. When a dog runs at a cat the cat usually runs away. If the cat didn't run the dog sometimes doesn't know what to do. That's when the cat takes advantage of the confusion and lands on the dog with twenty claws sticking out. I have seen happen many times. And yes, there are dogs who would continue at the cat ripping it to pieces but there are also cats that will gladly fight to the death getting the dog pretty good in the process.
    Cats are responsible for the deaths of 3 billion song birds a year. This is because of irresponsible cat owners who dont like to clean a litter box. I'd catch my neighbours cats near my bird feeder all the time and scare them off but never really knew which neighbour housed them. After I got my little bear dogs they have never been back. They saw one under my deck when they were about 6 months old which was 1 and a half years ago and there has never been one near my place. The cat was lucky to make it to the fence at which point it appeared to take flight. Either one like @p4pking 's husky would kill and most likely eat part of or all of a cat. I have no wish for that to happen cause I love cats and had two that died of old age before I got my dogs. I never let them out. Not just because of birds but because up here they are a prey item.
    You are complaining about cats killing birds? Didn't you ever see Hitchcocks movie. If cats kill three billion birds a year and there are still this many of them in the sky we should be thanking cats. How bad would statues look if it weren't for cats.
    Thats right and what does a fantasy have to do with reality? Why should we be thanking cats? Bird populations all over this planet are dangerously low and the amount of endangered species is almost comparable to life in the oceans. Do bird diversity a favour and clean your litter box or dont get a cat.
    There are over 10,000 species of birds with an estimated total number betwixt one hundred and four hundred billion birds on the planet. Yes, some are endangered but blaming cats for that is giving them too much credit. I think birds are doing fine even with the carnage cats are causing. Hats off to cats, for a land creature to take down a flying creature is impressive. I love when we humans, who kill every and anything critique another animal for its high rate of casualties. That is strictly for humans, we love to do shit like that.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow broken teeth again!

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

Wow broken teeth again!

Haha wow, hadn't even read that part of it man, makes perfect sense though. I've known about this tiger for years and was told it was the inspiration for "Shere Kahn" in the jungle book Seems that is probably bullshit as the book was written around the same time but you never know. Still, unbelievable it could kill that many people before being taken down. How the hell do dozens of people get ambushed and killed by a tiger with prior knowledge of it, seems unreal.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your neighbours German Shepard was a bitch then. My dog would eat any cat smaller than a Lynx if they were in a room together, but a cat would be way more likely to do anything to a kid. If cats were the size of a bulldog they would be murderers.
    To be honest I have had both cats and dogs. When a dog runs at a cat the cat usually runs away. If the cat didn't run the dog sometimes doesn't know what to do. That's when the cat takes advantage of the confusion and lands on the dog with twenty claws sticking out. I have seen happen many times. And yes, there are dogs who would continue at the cat ripping it to pieces but there are also cats that will gladly fight to the death getting the dog pretty good in the process.
    Cats are responsible for the deaths of 3 billion song birds a year. This is because of irresponsible cat owners who dont like to clean a litter box. I'd catch my neighbours cats near my bird feeder all the time and scare them off but never really knew which neighbour housed them. After I got my little bear dogs they have never been back. They saw one under my deck when they were about 6 months old which was 1 and a half years ago and there has never been one near my place. The cat was lucky to make it to the fence at which point it appeared to take flight. Either one like @p4pking 's husky would kill and most likely eat part of or all of a cat. I have no wish for that to happen cause I love cats and had two that died of old age before I got my dogs. I never let them out. Not just because of birds but because up here they are a prey item.
    You are complaining about cats killing birds? Didn't you ever see Hitchcocks movie. If cats kill three billion birds a year and there are still this many of them in the sky we should be thanking cats. How bad would statues look if it weren't for cats.
    Thats right and what does a fantasy have to do with reality? Why should we be thanking cats? Bird populations all over this planet are dangerously low and the amount of endangered species is almost comparable to life in the oceans. Do bird diversity a favour and clean your litter box or dont get a cat.
    There are over 10,000 species of birds with an estimated total number betwixt one hundred and four hundred billion birds on the planet. Yes, some are endangered but blaming cats for that is giving them too much credit. I think birds are doing fine even with the carnage cats are causing. Hats off to cats, for a land creature to take down a flying creature is impressive. I love when we humans, who kill every and anything critique another animal for its high rate of casualties. That is strictly for humans, we love to do shit like that.

I love it when people that dont have a clue what they are talking about attempt to make it sound like they do. Do a little research. Your litter box needs to be emptied.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love it when people that dont have a clue what they are talking about attempt to make it sound like they do. Do a little research. Your litter box needs to be emptied.
    Ate you saying there aren't that many birds. What part do I not know what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great stuff.
    This Thread went from killer dogs to making a movie about cats..lol

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a fantasy about the state of global bird populations.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone actually own one of these "type" of dogs.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not have a rescued dog in my house, because you DON'T NO what your getting, as I
    have said theses breeds are not for everyone. Not many people understand what type of dog
    is suitable for them, Mastiffs and bull breeds are not for everyone, theses dogs need a firm hand
    and are a one man dog, theses Dogs are by nature are Guard dogs.
    Are they suitable as a pet, no not really big strong robust hard mouthed dogs, remember why
    was the dog,in a rescue center if you have dog of this breed that is nasty put it down.
    Chaps I bred dogs for 8years, I no a thing or 2 about dogs.

Thread Information